Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshot of John Wall

maybe jesus is still in the game, the reason why live cant release a 5 on 5 actual gameplay. remember the demo of nba elite 11 that, jesus possess bynum or mwp i think, that cause cancellation of the game.. i will still bet my money for 2k14 for ps4.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #114
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

OK so I tried to stay out of it but I just can't..... I leave and I get sucked right back in. First off some of you are just trippin' and it's the same 2 or 3 that are always complaining so I won't even bother with them.

Anyway my thoughts on these pictures.... Player models look good but the lighting and reflection on the players needs work. I don't want them so shinny they look like shinny plastic figures but the need to find a happy medium. Second I still think the jerseys look amazing. Third, the ball.........people trippin' about the ball..... Guess what the ball isn't a bright orange pumpkin like we have been brought up in video games to believe. I have a dozen in my closet right now that have never seen the outside. They have seen a months worth of two a days and guess what...... They are a brownish orange!!! Closely resembling the one in the picture. I am pretty sure the NBA doesn't bust out a new ball for every game, they use broken in balls....maybe some of you here need to break in your balls....might help that whinny syndrome you all have!!!
Last and the thing that bothers me the most are the arm bands, knee pads, et..... They have no texture what so ever. They look like they are just digitized blobs put on the players arms and legs. I want to see some creasing, some movement in these. Not what we have had for this whole last gen of video games.
I've said my peace..I'm out.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #115
Banned

Re: NBA Live 14: John Wall Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
What is there to actually like? I'm being serious. There hasn't been a live TO Like since 2009.
Just for fun I played a game of Live 09 yesterday, and I was surprised to find that it was still fun. Pick and rolls actually worked like I wanted them to (you can slip, roll, or pop based on what the defenders do, rather than having to decide before the screener even gets there). I actually saw a charge called (in one game, and it was a CPU player drawing an off-ball foul!). I've been playing 2k14 for a couple weeks, and haven't seen a single charge called. And the crowd noise was better than what we have now in terms of reacting to what's happening on the court. Live may not look as pretty as 2k in motion, but they did a lot of things under the hood much better than 2k.

Last edited by Skopin; 10-16-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #116
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Surely even the most diehard of Live fans are a bit worried that they're still only revealing screen shots with a month left until release. I would love to see this be a great series once again, to push 2k to new innovations and vice versa, but it's hard to get pumped about Live right now considering the history the past few years, and the complete lack of info we've predictably been given. Oh well, probably gonna be next year before I go next-gen anyway. The decision will probably be more obvious by then.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Surely even the most diehard of Live fans are a bit worried that they're still only revealing screen shots with a month left until release. I would love to see this be a great series once again, to push 2k to new innovations and vice versa, but it's hard to get pumped about Live right now considering the history the past few years, and the complete lack of info we've predictably been given. Oh well, probably gonna be next year before I go next-gen anyway. The decision will probably be more obvious by then.
If we had seen a lot more info from the majority of other sports games, there might be some concern, but we have just as much info from Live as we do from any other sports game releasing on next-gen, except FIFA.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #118
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14: John Wall Screenshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Just for fun I played a game of Live 09 yesterday, and I was surprised to find that it was still fun. Pick and rolls actually worked like I wanted them to (you can slip, roll, or pop based on what the defenders do, rather than having to decide before the screener even gets there). I actually saw a charge called (in one game, and it was a CPU player drawing an off-ball foul!). I've been playing 2k14 for a couple weeks, and haven't seen a single charge called. And the crowd noise was better than what we have now in terms of reacting to what's happening on the court. Live may not look as pretty as 2k in motion, but they did a lot of things under the hood much better than 2k.

I played 09 as much as anybody but that game had some severe issues and it wasnt just movement. Problem with this all is you wouldn't play live 09 very long before you couldn't stomach it anymore

Galaxy Note 2
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #119
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
OK so I tried to stay out of it but I just can't..... I leave and I get sucked right back in. First off some of you are just trippin' and it's the same 2 or 3 that are always complaining so I won't even bother with them.

Anyway my thoughts on these pictures.... Player models look good but the lighting and reflection on the players needs work. I don't want them so shinny they look like shinny plastic figures but the need to find a happy medium. Second I still think the jerseys look amazing. Third, the ball.........people trippin' about the ball..... Guess what the ball isn't a bright orange pumpkin like we have been brought up in video games to believe. I have a dozen in my closet right now that have never seen the outside. They have seen a months worth of two a days and guess what...... They are a brownish orange!!! Closely resembling the one in the picture. I am pretty sure the NBA doesn't bust out a new ball for every game, they use broken in balls....maybe some of you here need to break in your balls....might help that whinny syndrome you all have!!!
Last and the thing that bothers me the most are the arm bands, knee pads, et..... They have no texture what so ever. They look like they are just digitized blobs put on the players arms and legs. I want to see some creasing, some movement in these. Not what we have had for this whole last gen of video games.
I've said my peace..I'm out.
The truth has been spoken, this is what I call constructive criticism, not just hating anything EA does to hate it. Because it seems like that's what's really going on around this thread.

I mean that is actually a pretty good looking picture and Kyrie Irving's stance doesn't looked hunchbacked to me, but there is a slight tilt that makes it look really defensive, and after listening to the podcast it's stated that the defense has a lot of options (I'm guessing there might even be some type of modifier like the offense.)

Overall, thank you for a real post and not just some EA hate, I mean this forum has some real intelligent and well spoken posters, but many times there drowned out by trolls or people with a grudge against EA in general, they won't even let you speak positively about them without shutting you down or reminding you of Elite.

I think it actually looks really good, and on a high definition t.v in my living room it will probably look even better, and with the sound of NBA Live's crowd I know the atmosphere will feel right.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 5

I love reading NBA Live forums for humor.

Every thread turns into 'I want a video' or 'They show us nothing'. Every topic gets off track instantly. Instead of directly commenting about the given topic/photo/etc it becomes a rant fest and a PS4 vs XBOX ONE type of discussion.

That being said I'm hopeless optimistic based on the screenshots for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »