Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

After hearing this podcast I'm actually excited more for this game and have high hopes. I think bringing in someone who has played professional basketball is a great move especially since he's a full time employee and not just some nba star who comes in for a few months and shares their thoughts. Also, when Scott said that he is a sim head just like everyone on these forums that made me more comfortable hearing what he had to say. He wants the game to be just as bad as we do. Obviously they can't put everything in the game this year, but he even said this is the foundation which they are going to build on for the future. He also said that he gets tons of emails asking for the gameplay footage, he says that he hears you guys and to just be patient. They are going to release it when the game is 100% to their liking. He confirmed that the game is dropping so no one should be worried, even 2k has only released a 5 sec trailer. When he said that he was playing the Thunder and then in the 2nd half the thunder started speeding up the tempo and feeding Durant that got me super hype, especially if the AI is as smart as they say they are. Finally, when he said that he put a smaller guard on Kobe and Kobe just started dominating that's the type of thing I want to see in the game. Oh yea, he said the ball and rim are completely physics based so he are going to get some great bounces. Cant wait till Nov 19!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #74
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Man, go somewhere with this. I'm not worried about shooting down his optimism. I'm just pointing out that the logic of saying because they talked about something over and over doesn't mean it's going to be perfect which is what he's said a few times in the Live forums. It's ridiculous logic.

Where is the terrible logic? Look at your post you responded to my post with statements that were not in my post talking about stick skills. I have seen the videos of the Bounce tek in action they have talked about this feature probably more than anything else in the game and they have shown this more than anything else. People who played with the Bounce tek demo came away impressed with it. They motion captured multiple NBA guards. I stand by what I said In my opinion this will be the best part of their game. So it isn't just what they talked about it is what they actually shown and what they talked about and others who have played with it.

Bounce Tek is to NBA Live as blades of grass is to Madden. This is disappointing if you are a football fan though. Just an FYI I joined this site at the time Elite was coming out so I know exactly what the Dev's were spewing at that time.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #75
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Where is the terrible logic? Look at your post you responded to my post with statements that were not in my post talking about stick skills. I have seen the videos of the Bounce tek in action they have talked about this feature probably more than anything else in the game and they have shown this more than anything else. People who played with the Bounce tek demo came away impressed with it. They motion captured multiple NBA guards. I stand by what I said In my opinion this will be the best part of their game. So it isn't just what they talked about it is what they actually shown and what they talked about and others who have played with it.

Bounce Tek is to NBA Live as blades of grass is to Madden. This is disappointing if you are a football fan though. Just an FYI I joined this site at the time Elite was coming out so I know exactly what the Dev's were spewing at that time.
Believe me man, I know what you said, I read it already, no need to read it again. I got no issue with your opinions and expectations. As I said, I was simply pointing out that it was terrible logic to suggest that because they've talked about something over and over means they'll nail it.

Quote:
  • I am expecting them to nail the signature dribbling aspect of the game. They have talked about it too much to not nail this.
This is what you said. Seeing it in action, other people playing it and being impressed with it has nothing to do with the statement that "they have talked about it too much to not nail this." Talking about something repeatedly doesn't make it a working feature automatically like you were implying. Hell 2K wouldn't shut up about their ******* Insider and we see how that worked out.

That was really all I was pointing out. For the most part I agreed with your post, I just thought that was poor logic shown and voiced it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Bounce Tek is to NBA Live as blades of grass is to Madden.
What? 10char
Old 10-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #77
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Believe me man, I know what you said, I read it already, no need to read it again. I got no issue with your opinions and expectations. As I said, I was simply pointing out that it was terrible logic to suggest that because they've talked about something over and over means they'll nail it.

This is what you said. Seeing it in action, other people playing it and being impressed with it has nothing to do with the statement that "they have talked about it too much to not nail this." Talking about something repeatedly doesn't make it a working feature automatically like you were implying. Hell 2K wouldn't shut up about their ******* Insider and we see how that worked out.

That was really all I was pointing out. For the most part I agreed with your post, I just thought that was poor logic shown and voiced it.

I look at it from this perspective. If EA is actually releasing features or information about a failed franchise then it is important. They hide any and all information related to this franchise since Elite. Those Madden gimmicks will not work in basketball because there is competition. This is their big tech breakthrough. You have to put it all together but they are talking about it the most and promoting it the most because they are the most confident in that part of the game.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #78
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

For everyone asking about emotions here you go.. It's in, and seems like it's gotten a major focus. Especially with games like UFC using the ignite engine, because facial emotions is one of their touted features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiApBb6xAZU

I can't figure out for the life of me how to embed videos but this should do until I figure it out.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #79
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
What? 10char

That was a joke sort of but I meant it as this is what they are promoting so expect them to get it right this year in basketball. Not really a joke if you are a football fan though and expecting a big jump to next gen.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #80
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Hearing him talk about team authentic defences was a good listen......

Thibs and the way the Bulls side screen and rolls.....if I see the Bulls playing ice defense on pick and roll and see the screen defender zoning low to take away the driving lane I will LOSE MY MIND! Haha...... as a Bulls user I would just LOVE to have the ability to play Bulls defense.....! Part of me thinks this might actually be possible with next gen capabilities and the in depth talk about how much focus was put into the screen and roll aspect of the game......

Also enjoyed hearing him talk about the rim and net physics..... sounds like they actually put a small amount of focus on making this good (FINALLY) in a Live game..... hopefully their idea of good rim/net physics is the right idea.......

DYING to see this stuff in action!
If they were able to get variations to P&R defense into the game, it would be major.

Color me skeptical though. Just going by the timeframe. It just doesn't seem plausible. I don't ever recall teams being able to do that in a game before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »