Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #65
Just started!

OVR: 0
I SAY THIS WITH ALL DUE RESPECT: "YOU GOT TO BE LITERALLY ******** IF YOU THINK NBA 2K14 LOOKS BETTER THAN NBA LIVE 14 PERIOD & THEIR TRAILORS AND SCREEN SHOTS. AND IM NOT SPEAKING TO THE/NO DISABLED WHEN I SAY ******** SO NO DISRESPECT AT ALL BUT C'MON BEING IN-DENIAL NBA 2K FANS(WHO WERE NBA LIVE FANS FIRST JUST UP UNTIL NBA LIVE 10 AND YOU FELT YOU WERE FORCED TO SWITCH SO THAT YOU CAN STILL PLAY A BASKETBALL GAME BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW, YALL KNOW NBA 2K WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING BETTER THAN NBA LIVE. AND ANOTHER THING YOU NOTICE IS HOW QUIET NBA 2K IS THIS YEAR NOW THAT THEY HAVE COMPETITION THIS YEAR (& 2K ALREADY HAVE A GAME RELEASE AND THEY STILL NERVOUS ABOUT HOW NBA LIVE GONE SHUT THEM DOWN.THE ONLY THING EA SPORTS NEED TO DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS MOMENT RIGHT HERE BY RELEASING TONS OF NEW INFO,GAME-PLAY,& MORE TRAILORS. ALSO NBA 2K14 IS DANG NEAR IDENTICAL TO NBA 2K13 ESPECIALLY THE GRAPHICS(NEARLY NO CHANGES WHAT SO EVER). NOW THIS COMPETITION THING IS ALL FUN & GAME PEOPLE SO DON'T TAKE IT TO THE HEART BUT EVERYBODY KNOW WHAT I SAID WAS ALL ABSOLUTELY TRUE & MOST(MOST!!) OF YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY DEEP DOWN. #Honesty #StayBLESSED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #66
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That's pretty terrible logic man. All that was talked about for Elite was dribbling and your skills dictating shot success and you just need to feel it for yourself and when it was all said and done it felt like ****.
The Kyrie dribbling in 2K14 is nothing like they were touting in Elite 11. What part of my post is terrible logic? I think they will get the dribbling down and it will most likely be the highlight of the game. What have they talked about the most? Bounce Tek, Bounce Tek and more Bounce Tek. All the people that played with the dribbling demo seemed to like it and came away impressed. It isn't hard to tell that they focused on this aspect of the game. They motion captured the guy with arguably the best handles in the league and appear to have more signatures of other players TBD.

What they talked about in Elite doesn't mean much to me now because they have a whole new regime in 14. Elite was bad, real bad Michael Jackson. Elite was bad to the point where I don't think the Dev's knew how bad it was while making it, maybe they did but whatever I don't know. I actually think Scott O'Gallagher and the new producers are actually switching the thinking for basketball made by EA. Is it EA lol yeah but they are coming from a different stance this time rock bottom, build the foundation and add on.

The stick skills is a whole different topic which I didn't like in Elite and you noticed there is no stick skills mentioned in 14. Left sticks is moving, right sticks is dribbling and shooting is on the face button. There is some modifiers on the triggers that enable some signature stuff as well. Also to make this clear I had no intentions of getting Elite 11 but I wish I downloaded it now.

I say all of this but the dribbling means nothing to me if the gameplay isn't up to par realistic. I don't know what your standards are but my standards are pretty high. I am not sure they can meet my standards which is why I say they are 2-3 years from being a competitor IMO if EA doesn't screw it up.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #67
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Gameplay with Scott O’Gallagher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Real time physics was the new engine son.
You have no clue. Just stop. Elite was the Live engine what some new systems bolted on. Just because you read too much into marketing hype, doesn't make it fact.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #68
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
That's pretty terrible logic man. All that was talked about for Elite was dribbling and your skills dictating shot success and you just need to feel it for yourself and when it was all said and done it felt like ****.
Chill. Those are his expectations. I swear some of y'all come in here looking to shoot down anything that resembles optimism. It's like y'all have a seizure when anyone sounds the slightest bit hopeful.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:33 AM   #69
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_lmc
I SAY THIS WITH ALL DUE RESPECT: "YOU GOT TO BE LITERALLY ******** IF YOU THINK NBA 2K14 LOOKS BETTER THAN NBA LIVE 14 PERIOD & THEIR TRAILORS AND SCREEN SHOTS. AND IM NOT SPEAKING TO THE/NO DISABLED WHEN I SAY ******** SO NO DISRESPECT AT ALL BUT C'MON BEING IN-DENIAL NBA 2K FANS(WHO WERE NBA LIVE FANS FIRST JUST UP UNTIL NBA LIVE 10 AND YOU FELT YOU WERE FORCED TO SWITCH SO THAT YOU CAN STILL PLAY A BASKETBALL GAME BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH NOW, YALL KNOW NBA 2K WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO BEING BETTER THAN NBA LIVE. AND ANOTHER THING YOU NOTICE IS HOW QUIET NBA 2K IS THIS YEAR NOW THAT THEY HAVE COMPETITION THIS YEAR (& 2K ALREADY HAVE A GAME RELEASE AND THEY STILL NERVOUS ABOUT HOW NBA LIVE GONE SHUT THEM DOWN.THE ONLY THING EA SPORTS NEED TO DO IS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS MOMENT RIGHT HERE BY RELEASING TONS OF NEW INFO,GAME-PLAY,& MORE TRAILORS. ALSO NBA 2K14 IS DANG NEAR IDENTICAL TO NBA 2K13 ESPECIALLY THE GRAPHICS(NEARLY NO CHANGES WHAT SO EVER). NOW THIS COMPETITION THING IS ALL FUN & GAME PEOPLE SO DON'T TAKE IT TO THE HEART BUT EVERYBODY KNOW WHAT I SAID WAS ALL ABSOLUTELY TRUE & MOST(MOST!!) OF YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY DEEP DOWN. #Honesty #StayBLESSED
Do you even know what a sentence is? You put two periods and four commas in your 880 word ALL-CAPPED run-on sentence. C'mon son. Nobody can read that crap, it literally made my head hurt.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
Do you even know what a sentence is? You put two periods and four commas in your 880 word ALL-CAPPED run-on sentence. C'mon son. Nobody can read that crap, it literally made my head hurt.
He also never closed his quotation which pisses me off.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #71
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Chill. Those are his expectations. I swear some of y'all come in here looking to shoot down anything that resembles optimism. It's like y'all have a seizure when anyone sounds the slightest bit hopeful.
Man, go somewhere with this. I'm not worried about shooting down his optimism. I'm just pointing out that the logic of saying because they talked about something over and over doesn't mean it's going to be perfect which is what he's said a few times in the Live forums. It's ridiculous logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #72
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Hearing him talk about team authentic defences was a good listen......

Thibs and the way the Bulls side screen and rolls.....if I see the Bulls playing ice defense on pick and roll and see the screen defender zoning low to take away the driving lane I will LOSE MY MIND! Haha...... as a Bulls user I would just LOVE to have the ability to play Bulls defense.....! Part of me thinks this might actually be possible with next gen capabilities and the in depth talk about how much focus was put into the screen and roll aspect of the game......

Also enjoyed hearing him talk about the rim and net physics..... sounds like they actually put a small amount of focus on making this good (FINALLY) in a Live game..... hopefully their idea of good rim/net physics is the right idea.......

DYING to see this stuff in action!

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 10-15-2013 at 09:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »