Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 8
This will be the 100th time I've said this, but Live needs to reduce their price to entice more buyers. Don't charge full price for a work in progress that you admit isn't as good as the competition right now. After all the debacles, if you drop a dud at full price, it could be over as soon as it starts again.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #74
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
Well if people cared that video would have more views, over 1 billion people bought GTA V and that video has about 90,000 views... So thank you to the .009 percent of people that actually care about the trailer after release.

I'd rather Live get the gameplay right and let word of mouth do the marketing for them, than to have some rushed out 5 on 5 gameplay video that wastes valuable development time and doesn't portray the game in it's fullness.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm not going to say that Ea has no chance of dethroning 2K but I think that is a long way ahead in the future. It's first goal is to get to the same level. At this point it hasn't because both Next-Gen games have not been released. We can't compare a Next-Gen Live with a Current-Gen 2K even if they are both for this year.

Both games will catch people's attention at first because of their graphics. Gameplay will be the feature that gets people to actually buy/keep the game. Finally good game modes will be the most important aspect of the game that keeps the game from being sold in a few weeks.

If EA can make great career modes and association (with online play) then they are set on a good direction. I believe they have a good thing going with the Ignite Engine so it doesn't matter if NBA Live fails to catch up this year. They have more time to get better. For now I will be playing the Next-Gen 2K14. If EA decides to release demos for NBA Live 14 then I will definitely try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold_Fries
I'm sorry but I think ea is gonna cancel this one too, they saw that small next gen 2k clip and they realized that **** was real.. Literally
Lol, Right. I'm not a 2k fanboy but seriously EA, come on. They can talk bouncetek this, physics that but ACTION speaks louder than words. The fact that they haven't shown any gameplay says it all. There going to scrap this like the scrapped the last 1. So I guess we have to continue with the canamations and blooper gameplay for now.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
Lol, Right. I'm not a 2k fanboy but seriously EA, come on. They can talk bouncetek this, physics that but ACTION speaks louder than words. The fact that they haven't shown any gameplay says it all. There going to scrap this like the scrapped the last 1. So I guess we have to continue with the canamations and blooper gameplay for now.
Last three - Live 11-13'

This is the fourth failure to properly launch Live, and they have become exceedingly efficient at it.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:19 AM   #78
Rookie

syxxness's Arena

OVR: 2
EA should think to go back to PC market ... with the community help, there will be a bunch realistic cyberfaces that can help to build their next installment of the game ... pc gamer like me wont mine the so so quality product or gameplay ... as long as the game on PC we'll happily helping it by creating something to make this game better ... remember when 2k9 on pc?? it was like "who's that dude??" the CF is like nothing close ... but every installment its getting better ... wether 2k gonna admit or not ... but similarity between community made cf and what they got on their released product are really close ....

bottom line .... back to PC world first ...
Old 10-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #79
MVP

OVR: 15

NBA 2k Never looked up to Live, I disagree, NBA 2k at first wasn't available to a broader fanbase, and the marketing giant that is EA was the reason it sold more. But critically acclaimed, it was the better game since it came into existence. If I can spit that actual, factual[as shake puts it] ea has been looking up at 2k for a long time
Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 15

I thin EA's Live Died when 06 when they started introduce modifiers for flashy passes and what not. That was 06. Now another basketball game is putting flashy passes on a modifier. What is up with flashy passes being a feature in a simulation basketball game? That should be a random occurrence, like the type of situation dunks. How often does someone[not elite] make a flashy pass?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »