Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #65
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin

Yea, about that...
Man...... As a fan of the Bucks I hate seeing these videos. We gave up BJ3 for him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #66
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
if you say so bruh
I have been playing every basketball game since Lakers vs Celtics PC version. I can say that once 2k dropped on the dreamcast, live died. They show a few strong offerings ( 05, 10) but 2k has had their number ever since 2000.

I can't wait to have more choices again and I can't wait to have both Live and 2k on the PS4. But I do agree with RateSports, 2k has owned live for a long time now.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Arena looks a bit too dark all the way around. Here's a real life pic for comparisons sake..

Lmao chill out I was gassed just now, I thought that was from in game.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin

Yea, about that...
Cool vid but, Kyrie Irving was clearly moving when he dropped him.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Yo, let's not forget that the dethroning of Live happened when 2k11 dropped (one of the greatest ever) and NBA Elite didn't ship. I don't see 2K making that awful mistake next gen and Live has a long way to go to deliver a classic. If we're honest, the last time they came close to delivering a classic NBA Live would be 04, if you're being generous. So to think they're hiding this masterpiece of a game, after we saw the NBA Live 13 video isn't a bright assumption. It's actually a ton of wishful thinking. 2K and Live went to battle and they both earned their spots. You cancel Elite, cancel Live 13 and a month out you haven't shown any gameplay, you should expect criticism, skepticism and down right hate. If you drop 2k11-2k14 that has seen the biggest and best years of video game basketball strung together, then you deserve the benefit of the doubt that you won't screw up next gen. It's not about being a fan boy, more than keeping it 100.
Wise words.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #70
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I mean when GTA was building hype everybody was gawking over the trailers, but now the game is out and the gameplay is great no one cares about those trailers anymore, maybe EA is taking a hit on the marketing to make sure they deliver a solid game.
Not necessarily:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...-debut-trailer

Last edited by actuallybrown; 10-09-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: to be more concise...
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I have been playing every basketball game since Lakers vs Celtics PC version. I can say that once 2k dropped on the dreamcast, live died. They show a few strong offerings ( 05, 10) but 2k has had their number ever since 2000.

I can't wait to have more choices again and I can't wait to have both Live and 2k on the PS4. But I do agree with RateSports, 2k has owned live for a long time now.
THANK YOU!!!!!! I thought I was the only one. I too have been playing since the Sega Genesis days so I can connect w/ your Lakers Vs. Celtics comment. I say Live went down hill when Mike Wang (The one who gave Live 10 it's glory) went back to 2K. I hope that Live releases the game at least. After that then I will look for there to be improvements. I can honestly say that I haven't chosen and Live game over 2K since NBA Live 2002, I did with Live 03, but traded it in for 2K3. At this point everything is in the air. Hopefully Live brings a playable experience. No matter how good NBA 2K14 is on Next Gen, there are people out there who will choose Live just because they want something different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #72
Rookie

It will be hard. 2k never got stagnant even when they were on the market by themselves. They are constantly innovating and trying to improve. I liked the controls from last year, but they changed them again this year. There are reviews that says that the controls are even better this year. I don't think 2k will get complacent, so it will be very hard for them to get dethroned. Complacency is the the only thing that can beat them now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »