Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
If EA Sports tries to recapture the basketball gaming market out of the gate, it will be like Jose Calderon trying to guard Kobe. To return to relevance, the Live team needs to rebuild brick by brick.
For a basketball game, not sure this was the best choice of wording.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5
Lets not 4get EA has been making bball games 4 over 20 years. Live doesnt get a "pass" just because THEY decided 2 make crappy bball games. 2k is not going 2 give up tha crown they fought so hard 2 get.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0
Who can tell which game will be better right now from what I see the dribbling sounds cool for live but the graphics are unkown we've seen 17 diffrent ****ing pictures and vidoes of Kyrie Irving nobody knows whats the real deal on that and for 2k they have the best graphics but Im not a fan of the new controls so its down to the modes for me to see which one im getting first but they slacking on the promo.....WHAT THE **** IS THE HOLD UP????SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW
Old 10-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm not seeing your point. Players dribble the ball all the time. It is a major part of the game of basketball. Sure, ankles don't get broken every game, but it's a highlight. Would you go see a movie if the trailer made it look mundane? Probably not.
When u posted a highlight vid of dribble moves i thought you point of emphasis was to showcase the importance of BounceTek, when actually coaches want as less dribbling as possible...they would rather have movement of the ball from passing thanks dribbling around for 5-7 secs...in reality true basketball isn't played like that and the success of that play is very rare in real life and recreational that's why it was a highlight
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #45
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
Articles like this come out because of lack of information given, so all we have to do is speculate until the real news comes out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I truly think Live will come out of the gates beating 2k on the presentation front as far as accessories, colors, shoes and all that...

The problem is well, pretty much everything else...IMO they have a lot of ground to make up as far as things like signature style, gameplay etc.

Well see what they can do..
Old 10-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
When u posted a highlight vid of dribble moves i thought you point of emphasis was to showcase the importance of BounceTek, when actually coaches want as less dribbling as possible...they would rather have movement of the ball from passing thanks dribbling around for 5-7 secs...in reality true basketball isn't played like that and the success of that play is very rare in real life and recreational that's why it was a highlight
Nope. The reason I posted the video was in response to someone saying that dribbling won't make defenders move at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour
Dribbling in place does not make a defender move on any level of organized basketball because you are taught to react to body movement.
And yes, it's true that ball movement is better than fancy dribbling, but at the same time, dribbling is still half the game. Every team in the NBA uses the isolation. That means, in general, a one on one situation that relies on the ball handler to make something happen. For teams with dominant PGs, you see the dribble moves a lot more.

On a side note, from what I've read, Bouncetek isn't meant to make fancy dribble moves. It's meant to separate the ball from the player. That means no hands going through the ball, and the ball won't warp into a player's hand.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #48
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
2 words...

no shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »