Home

How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

This is a discussion on How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #17
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpyface
I admire your dedication, but it's now October 9th and EA has yet to show any real gameplay. My faith that after all those years of laying dormant, EA would rise like a 40 year old virgin in nude bar have withered away. I'm just going to have to put the time and effort into learning how to play 2k.
This. As the days pass ea and live are falling behind. Imo ea has already missed their chance to show off live and steal 2ks thunder, unless they truely have something special that will wow us. I believe its been 2 weeks since ea said they will release videos for live and all we have is a short 30 second clip which I believe was less impressive than 2ks even shorter next gen clip. Live should have been marketing the crap out of this game before 2ks current gen release in order to build its own hype and sway people into waiting for next gen. The silence is becoming desfening and it seems like deja vu yet again for live. I plan on giving this game a shot to see if it will be surprisingly good but I don't know how anyone could be optimistic or even hopeful at this point.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
If EA can't show a video of actual game play then why would anyone think this franchise can be resurrected. The only gameplay trailer that has been released to this point was clearly edited to hide flaws. (Or highlight strong points depending on who you are talking too) But a gameplay trailer for a basketball game that doesn't show 5 on 5 action is clearly not to be taken seriously. Kyrie starts a crossover in front of Felton then the vid cuts away to Kyrie dribbling by himself to show his handle.

EA's basketball team needs to learn that this is not And 1 basketball and sim heads want realism not fluff. How does any of his dribbling create space to get an open shot? DId Felton react to any of Kyrie showtime dribble moves? Dribbling in place does not make a defender move on any level of organized basketball because you are taught to react to body movement. You have to earn you buckets in 2k14 by creating space and EA needs to show 5 vs 5 gameplay for me to believe they can replicate realism. A fluff trailer without a full gameplay follow up is what happened a few years ago before Live was canned. A dethrone article should not exist for another 5 years of successful basketball sims from EA. No reason for it right now.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saviour
Dribbling in place does not make a defender move on any level of organized basketball because you are taught to react to body movement.

Yea, about that...
Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin

Yea, about that...
I was on youtube looking for a Kyrie Irving video to prove the same point, good post Skopin
Old 10-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
We are talking about EA here...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #22
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Long term anything is possible if the "suits" are willing to have low sales expectations to drive all decisions for this franchise long term. These games cost money to make but I expect Live sales to be low unless it is bundled with a system. Personally I don't see 2K getting dethroned by what EA has shown in their past.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #23
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin

Yea, about that...
i wouldn't go as far as saying that he broke his ankles. But he definitely did cross him up something nasty.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #24
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

The gaming landscape has changed greatly in the four years since NBA Live and NBA 2K last faced off in competition.

NBA Live went on vacation; NBA 2K grew into a juggernaut.

If EA Sports tries to recapture the basketball gaming market out of the gate, it will be like Jose Calderon trying to guard Kobe. To return to relevance, the Live team needs to rebuild brick by brick.

By focusing on delighting one segment of the community at a time, they can win over different groups of gamers and convert them into loyal customers. To optimize this process, EA can focus on gamers who feel that 2K falls short of satisfying their main desires.

Thankfully, EA picked the perfect way to start.

Read More - How NBA Live Could Dethrone NBA 2K
Honestly Chris, this has been thier formula since day one IMO. EXECUTION has been the problem for them. Not bashing this game in any way mind u. I just think in terms of developing they should seriously consider bringing on a new team from top to bottom.... ijs

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »