Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #129
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Welp, still waiting for Kyrie to make that basket... At this point I think it's safe to say EA lost the little momentum it built from the first trailer and are a little behind schedule. Not the end of the world but whatever they drop next needs to be followed regularly by other news and updates until the release date. Need a proper rollout.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #130
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

I would not have taken the approach EA has in marketing Live 14. They have put themselves in a tough situation. There is almost nothing they can release at this point that could blow me away.

Unless they have the superior product anything they release will surely be anti-climactic and disappointing at this point.

Last edited by boltokPwnage04; 10-03-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
He was actually pretty accurate with his description. 2k looks way better in motion because they are more animation based. The problem with that is that you lose control too often. It happened in Live too, but not as frequently.

I'm not sure how you can say either game does or doesn't resemble basketball. I played 2k14 for the first time last night, and in the three games I played I ran into the same problems I had with 2k13, 2k12, 2k11, 2k10, and 2k9 (with the exception of My Career since that wasn't in 2k9). Players not being aware of where the ball is when going for a rebound, CPU players not boxing out and allowing easy offensive rebounds, players and the ball going through players to complete an animation, etc. Spacing is still an issue, with players running into the paint to drag their defenders in. Yes, it is better than last year, but not by much. Pick & Roll controls are still broken (or maybe it's the AI. Not sure). But I couldn't get a teammate to roll to the basket after a pick to save my life. They would start to go, then immediately run back the other way.

My point is that both games have their issues. One simply does a much better job at dressing them up. Hopefully with the next generation of consoles, they can truly work to correct some of those issues.

You talk about consumers not being dumb, but then bring up your issues with Madden. If consumers are not dumb, then consumers wouldn't buy the same product with the same issues year after year. If you can't reach them through the forums, then reach them through your wallets.
Losing control was just as bad in Live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #132
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Losing control was just as bad in Live.
Agreed. Sadly, they tried to go away from that before they were ready and without enough time to make anything worth playing. But, if nothing else, they acknowledged that it is an issue. I'm hoping that control will be emphasized all around (not just dribbling) in Live 14.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #133
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
He was actually pretty accurate with his description. 2k looks way better in motion because they are more animation based. The problem with that is that you lose control too often. It happened in Live too, but not as frequently.

I'm not sure how you can say either game does or doesn't resemble basketball. I played 2k14 for the first time last night, and in the three games I played I ran into the same problems I had with 2k13, 2k12, 2k11, 2k10, and 2k9 (with the exception of My Career since that wasn't in 2k9). Players not being aware of where the ball is when going for a rebound, CPU players not boxing out and allowing easy offensive rebounds, players and the ball going through players to complete an animation, etc. Spacing is still an issue, with players running into the paint to drag their defenders in. Yes, it is better than last year, but not by much. Pick & Roll controls are still broken (or maybe it's the AI. Not sure). But I couldn't get a teammate to roll to the basket after a pick to save my life. They would start to go, then immediately run back the other way.

My point is that both games have their issues. One simply does a much better job at dressing them up. Hopefully with the next generation of consoles, they can truly work to correct some of those issues.

You talk about consumers not being dumb, but then bring up your issues with Madden. If consumers are not dumb, then consumers wouldn't buy the same product with the same issues year after year. If you can't reach them through the forums, then reach them through your wallets.

Exactly. People are waking up to madden. Theres a reason sales are down significantly.

And your point on 2k14 is null. It is the best basketball video game to date. You can't argue that.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #134
Rookie

Quote:
Agreed. Sadly, they tried to go away from that before they were ready and without enough time to make anything worth playing. But, if nothing else, they acknowledged that it is an issue. I'm hoping that control will be emphasized all around (not just dribbling) in Live 14.
They acknowledged a lot of issues I have with b-ball games but failed at getting it done. I been asking for those issues to be fixed since 05 I think when I learned about natural motions physics engine's and to see anybody trying to fix them is music to my soul.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #135

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

I defended this game all summer. Kept saying they had no reason to show their hand early. Said if we get to October and they are still quite then theres a issue. Well its October. They told us info was coming soon but "soon" has already past us by. Disappointing how they are handling the marketing of this game. I was excited to see this game return and some of the excitement is still there. But hearing nothing and then seeing the trailer for that other game its like why even bother at this point. I know im gonna get a quality product elsewhere. We havent even seen the ball go in the hoop with this game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #136
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I too feel the lack of gameplay this late in the game does not bode well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »