Home

NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Week within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I guess you've forgotten how bad NBA Live was.

You can 2k all day if you want to and talk about what isnt but this series was that much worse in almost every aspect, from animations to AI to rebounds, etc...

All you keep doing if giving EA a pass for making a crappy game when there is a standard out there. If they can't even reach that then they're no further than they were in 2006
NBA Live games are addicting to me, while 2K games aren't. That's why I love Live. 2K looks much better on paper, but that doesn't matter to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #122
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 14 5 on 5 Gameplay Video Coming Soon, New Screenshots & Details This Wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
NBA Live games are addicting to me, while 2K games aren't. That's why I love Live. 2K looks much better on paper, but that doesn't matter to me.

Nothing wrong with that man, but in the context of his post he's being completely hypocritical and again its that kind of stuff that sends a message that its okay to be mediocre.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 2

How can a product or desire to play a game encourage mediocrity when they have features and gameplay that are on par with the competitor or even better in certain areas?

The only major difference in these games is lives focus on control before animations and 2ks focus on animations before control. One will eventually blend the two. I don't see mediocrity in either approach.

The issues you have are your opinions and they are wrong. So get out of here with that crap man and pretend there is a cool smirking gif at the bottom.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:54 AM   #124
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
The only major difference in these games is lives focus on control before animations and 2ks focus on animations before control
The ONLY difference? Wow man, are you wearing your seat belt? I'm about to take you for a ride.

Let's start with differences. NBA 2K has put out a game the last 4 years. NBA Live has not. NBA 2K resembles basketball. NBA Live does not. They got close with live 10 thanks to Mr.Wang being a part of their team. Maybe 2k felt sorry and decided to lend him for a year. The NBA 2k Developers actually respond to posts on this forum. Shocking! I know!

NBA Live and the whole EA brand focus on cheap gimmicks instead of gameplay to ship their product. We the consumers are not dumb. At least the consumers who frequent these forums. We know whats up. We can't be duked. Thats why you have the madden devs and NBA Live devs cowering away anytime someone has some constructive feedback. The only year NBA Live had guts was when they had that NBA Live dev by the name of REanimator. HE actually stuck it out and was essentially thrown to the dogs. But atleast we had some feedback with the devs. It shows me that they care. After all, people are making these games are they not? I don't want to have the feeling that emotion less robots are simply burning the games to DvDs and shipping out the product after laser typing the cover on.

"The only difference"

Sorry for the rant but when I see posts like this i lose it. Hopefully someone who reads this will learn something.

Cleve.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish EA will hurry up and show us this damn game. I own 2k14 and I've finally had a chance to get some playing time in. I believe it is an improvement from last year but I'm not really feeling it. I agree with a lot of you. The animations just turn me off. I understand 2k wanting to simulate real life, but what's the point of playing a basketball game if you don't have total control? I might as well turn my t.v on and watch the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #126
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
The ONLY difference? Wow man, are you wearing your seat belt? I'm about to take you for a ride.

Let's start with differences. NBA 2K has put out a game the last 4 years. NBA Live has not. NBA 2K resembles basketball. NBA Live does not. They got close with live 10 thanks to Mr.Wang being a part of their team. Maybe 2k felt sorry and decided to lend him for a year. The NBA 2k Developers actually respond to posts on this forum. Shocking! I know!

NBA Live and the whole EA brand focus on cheap gimmicks instead of gameplay to ship their product. We the consumers are not dumb. At least the consumers who frequent these forums. We know whats up. We can't be duked. Thats why you have the madden devs and NBA Live devs cowering away anytime someone has some constructive feedback. The only year NBA Live had guts was when they had that NBA Live dev by the name of REanimator. HE actually stuck it out and was essentially thrown to the dogs. But atleast we had some feedback with the devs. It shows me that they care. After all, people are making these games are they not? I don't want to have the feeling that emotion less robots are simply burning the games to DvDs and shipping out the product after laser typing the cover on.

"The only difference"

Sorry for the rant but when I see posts like this i lose it. Hopefully someone who reads this will learn something.

Cleve.
He was actually pretty accurate with his description. 2k looks way better in motion because they are more animation based. The problem with that is that you lose control too often. It happened in Live too, but not as frequently.

I'm not sure how you can say either game does or doesn't resemble basketball. I played 2k14 for the first time last night, and in the three games I played I ran into the same problems I had with 2k13, 2k12, 2k11, 2k10, and 2k9 (with the exception of My Career since that wasn't in 2k9). Players not being aware of where the ball is when going for a rebound, CPU players not boxing out and allowing easy offensive rebounds, players and the ball going through players to complete an animation, etc. Spacing is still an issue, with players running into the paint to drag their defenders in. Yes, it is better than last year, but not by much. Pick & Roll controls are still broken (or maybe it's the AI. Not sure). But I couldn't get a teammate to roll to the basket after a pick to save my life. They would start to go, then immediately run back the other way.

My point is that both games have their issues. One simply does a much better job at dressing them up. Hopefully with the next generation of consoles, they can truly work to correct some of those issues.

You talk about consumers not being dumb, but then bring up your issues with Madden. If consumers are not dumb, then consumers wouldn't buy the same product with the same issues year after year. If you can't reach them through the forums, then reach them through your wallets.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #127
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
He was actually pretty accurate with his description. 2k looks way better in motion because they are more animation based. The problem with that is that you lose control too often. It happened in Live too, but not as frequently.

I'm not sure how you can say either game does or doesn't resemble basketball. I played 2k14 for the first time last night, and in the three games I played I ran into the same problems I had with 2k13, 2k12, 2k11, 2k10, and 2k9 (with the exception of My Career since that wasn't in 2k9). Players not being aware of where the ball is when going for a rebound, CPU players not boxing out and allowing easy offensive rebounds, players and the ball going through players to complete an animation, etc. Spacing is still an issue, with players running into the paint to drag their defenders in. Yes, it is better than last year, but not by much. Pick & Roll controls are still broken (or maybe it's the AI. Not sure). But I couldn't get a teammate to roll to the basket after a pick to save my life. They would start to go, then immediately run back the other way.

My point is that both games have their issues. One simply does a much better job at dressing them up. Hopefully with the next generation of consoles, they can truly work to correct some of those issues.

You talk about consumers not being dumb, but then bring up your issues with Madden. If consumers are not dumb, then consumers wouldn't buy the same product with the same issues year after year. If you can't reach them through the forums, then reach them through your wallets.
Pick and roll controls are broken? Since when? I find it amazing you can't get a guy to roll to the basket and I'm not trying to be funny on that, I'm dead serious.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #128
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Pick and roll controls are broken? Since when? I find it amazing you can't get a guy to roll to the basket and I'm not trying to be funny on that, I'm dead serious.
It's one of the biggest issues I've had with 2k games, honestly. I play My Player mostly, and the AI is atrocious. I'm not sure why my own team's AI is so different than the CPU's, but in trying a pick&roll, the player only does what I want maybe 1/5 times. Most of the time he'll start going where I want, then randomly cut in a different direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »