Home

NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #161
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
As of now

Live > 2K
Slow down guy. Live hasn't even released gameplay yet
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #162
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 14 Release Date Set For November 19th, New Gameplay Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Slow down guy. Live hasn't even released gameplay yet
Troll bait...he posted the same thing in another post....
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #163
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
As of now

Live > 2K
Have to resist urge to feed the troll.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #164
MVP

OVR: 0

One thing I've kind of noticed from following EA's Twitter feed is that the people promoting LIVE 14 seem to be closer to the developers of the game than the people over at 2K. The PR people at 2K don't seem to be in the loop as far as game technology and details go until after the fact. To be fair, it's impossible for Ronnie2K to have a running in-depth knowledge of all the games he's expected to hype. Just another area LIVE can excel in--customer support closer to game and developers.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #165
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
One thing I've kind of noticed from following EA's Twitter feed is that the people promoting LIVE 14 seem to be closer to the developers of the game than the people over at 2K. The PR people at 2K don't seem to be in the loop as far as game technology and details go until after the fact. To be fair, it's impossible for Ronnie2K to have a running in-depth knowledge of all the games he's expected to hype. Just another area LIVE can excel in--customer support closer to game and developers.
What are you talking about, why do people feel that they need to make false claims in order to hype another product, of course Ronnie has access to the developers. He is not allowed to speak on certain items until scheduled to, it has nothing to to with not knowing or not having access, maybe he should say they are releasing Game Play and don't like EA has done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
What are you talking about, why do people feel that they need to make false claims in order to hype another product, of course Ronnie has access to the developers. He is not allowed to speak on certain items until scheduled to, it has nothing to to with not knowing or not having access, maybe he should say they are releasing Game Play and don't like EA has done.
Who are the 2k developers? Who is working on the game? Can we reach THEM? There is no transparency, we are always left in the dark and it takes days, weeks, months, for the 2K PR team to come back with vague answers. That's what I'm taking about.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #167
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
Who are the 2k developers? Who is working on the game? Can we reach THEM? There is no transparency, we are always left in the dark and it takes days, weeks, months, for the 2K PR team to come back with vague answers. That's what I'm taking about.
Let me give you a little history. The first dev to regularly visit the OS forums was Mike Wang ("Beluba") who has worked on 2k and Live and is one of the lead devs at 2k. There is a second dev ("Simballer") who regulalry posts in the 2k forum. I know for a fact that another lead developer Rob Jones regularly visits the 2k forum. Thats 3 devs who visit OS. Ld2k is a pr guy who also regularly posts in the 2k forum. There are more devs from the NBA2k team present at OS than there are for any other sports games.

What kills me is that people act like 2k's process has ever changed. All of the promotion of the game goes through Ronnie and LD2k. The devs dont need to promote the game because 1) Ronnie and LD do a pretty good job with it and promoting the game is not their job.

They release info on a schedule. They stick to that schedule. Just because you may have a question that they arent ready to answer yet doesnt mean there is a lack of communication between the devs and pr guys.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #168
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Let me give you a little history. The first dev to regularly visit the OS forums was Mike Wang ("Beluba") who has worked on 2k and Live and is one of the lead devs at 2k. There is a second dev ("Simballer") who regulalry posts in the 2k forum. I know for a fact that another lead developer Rob Jones regularly visits the 2k forum. Thats 3 devs who visit OS. Ld2k is a pr guy who also regularly posts in the 2k forum. There are more devs from the NBA2k team present at OS than there are for any other sports games.

What kills me is that people act like 2k's process has ever changed. All of the promotion of the game goes through Ronnie and LD2k. The devs dont need to promote the game because 1) Ronnie and LD do a pretty good job with it and promoting the game is not their job.

They release info on a schedule. They stick to that schedule. Just because you may have a question that they arent ready to answer yet doesnt mean there is a lack of communication between the devs and pr guys.
So you know who the developers are but they aren't publicly available to answer questions? Or aren't allowed to? Like I said, EA can best 2K in that department by better communication with their customers which it sounds like (if you read a recent interview with their new CEO) is one of their priorities. Not the case with 2K. Just an example:

http://dimemag.com/2013/08/dime-qa-g...f-nba-live-14/

Last edited by knick9; 09-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »