Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #105
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
..and again, how is 2ks rebounding issues in My Player even remotely relevant to NBA Live's players jumping without bending their knees, onlu jumping straight up and down, rebounds hitting the floor not matter who jumps and whos around?

Like I said, there are far worse problems to deal with than what you dont like in My Player in another game.

Live didnt just have sliding and warping either...and since the defense was so gimped, you had players literally hugged to the ball player like a snuggie, and the only way you could drive was to do a bunch of dribble moves.. even though I pointed it out they ignored the issue, which tells me all of that Synergy data didn't mean crap in the scheme of it because all of those ratings and tendencies were awful, and I mean worse than 2k insider awful.

PGs were grabbing rebounds over Centers until you looked at the ratings and saw everybody's ratings were input from Candyland.

I commented on your defense is better comment and gave examples why its not, and im adding more because as I said, it seems that people have forgotten in the middle of all of this crazy arguing, EA has to deal with EAs issues, not 2ks.

If 2k never makes another game, EA will still need to deal with its gimped on court interaction, players shrinking size under the basket which was in that E3 trailer as well as old Live's and I have video to point that out as well...

Its such a long laundry list that I have no idea how so many people can come in here to this graveyard trashing 2k.
Mod turning this in 2k vs live. Stay classy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #106
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Mod turning this in 2k vs live. Stay classy
Please contribute something more than a troll comment and nothing at all on the subject, and secondly being a mod has nothing to do with what I just said.

This is not about 2k which is the point and you would've understood that had you read what I said.

I dont care what 2ks issues are in the Live forum because 2k has a forum full of complainers already. Im talking about a ton of issues EA needs to address to be a relevant series, and not dismissing them with the facade that "2k has it too"

No matter, i said what I said and im leaving at that because until EA proves they can be relevant again none of this means anything.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #107
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I believe without a doubt it stands a chance due to name recognition and some gamers just want something different, regardless of if it's better than NBA2k. I think the one thing they can't do with NBA Live now, that they tried before, is release a half butt incomplete product because direct competition will expose that immediately. It's true that competition makes for a better market but not just in the sense that each game strives to be better than the other, just that competition makes it much more difficult not to improve on their respective brand.

Like someone else mentioned, I expect NBA Live to be a polished version of what their demographic and target market finds fun, like NBA2k will be for theirs, with the more moderate gamers falling somewhere in the middle, potentially getting both. I'm glad NBA Live is coming back for gamers that prefer that brand and hope it's here to stay, even though I don't expect it to be my cup of tea, given my impression of EA Sports games as a whole.

My greatest hope is that NBA Live is able to coexist with NBA2k to once again give gaming studios confidence that they can all get a piece of the gamer pie just by doing what they do well, whatever that is, without the need for exclusives, shortcuts and gimmicks.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #108
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
oh boo hoo

cry me a river!!! The NFL License has nothing to do with all the other titles they released. And the subject is Live, not NFL....Your hatred for one companies business decision is just mediocre and stupid...

It's been 9 years and people want to rip EA for everything they've done for the loss of one 2k title...gtfo...

They didn't buy NCAA, where's college hoops...

They didn't buy NHL, where 2k hockey...

They loss the MLB, 2k baseball is poo x2

There are other sports, even Konami pushes out PES each year with not license for FIFA, but hey it's completely editable to have the real players and teams.

2k loses a license and creates All Pro Football and limits out any way to edit into a NFL game.

Backbreaker comes out and is edited into a NFL game. (Contradictory circumstances)

get over yourself and trying to hate every title they make for one exclusive license....

Back on Topic..

there is a chance for Live as there would be for Sony, if they revamped Shootout and bring it back....I said Shootout not NBA The Inside..that was trash...

Konami can return Inside Drive and I'd buy that...
best post I have seen on my short time on os.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 0
2k been the same game past 3 years.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #110
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFan28
2k been the same game past 3 years.
So has Live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 09-14-2013, 03:26 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

And now Live is pushed back..............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #112
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I think we all can agree, unless Live is released on Day One then it will bomb. Sure there will be some people that still like it, but it will not succeed.

Now on a positive note I am not ready to say that it won't be a launch day release yet.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »