Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Like I said right NOW they would be neck and neck not that next year after live 10.
Building off live 10 would have been best for EA.
I think they went in a new direction because realistically, they couldn't improve much from Live 10. At least not on the same engine. They tried to go the physics-based route, but just couldn't do it well enough. 2k is hitting the wall on their animation-based gameplay as well. They can add 3000 new animations a year, but we still see most of the same ones game to game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
I won't even give Live a look this year, and if they come out with it next year still won't give it a look. Call me a 2k fan (I do love their NBA), but Live will do decent but still won't be a game changer. You will have the fans of Live Series come back, and of course people going to try a new game.

One thing I think is funny is how everyone says "Live is coming out on next gen so all their resources are in one bag and how next gen everyone is going to be on the same playing field." Not to say that Live is going to be terrible, but when the 360 and PS3 we had madden and what they shown before the game was released and everyone was going bat crazy over it. Then we got it and it was nothing we expected and was worst. You get the whole "3 year plan" so I guess when Live doesn't do well I can always resort to hearing people say "It's their first year back on a new system and they are still learning" or "It's the first year in the 3 year plan!"

Again it all comes down to play style. 2k is sim (i personally like it) so I stick with that. If you like it more arcade style then Live is your game. Multiple choices for sports is good, but to actually believe that EA can complete with 2k in the first year of next gen is pretty crazy. Only thing EA would have better is online servers cause even I will admit it is frustrating with all the errors with their online association. As for gameplay Live, for me, will never come close to 2k ever since 2k is sim and I tend to go in that direction. Unless some crazy reason Live try's to be sim then maybe I would look into it.
I always found EA's gameplay to be much more sim than 2k's. It wasn't as smooth, but the AI was way better, and you actually had to think a little bit and move the ball around to score.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
This kind of thinking is why Jay Z was their big feature last year. Both companies have to prove they can make a solid game, especially on new consoles. Madden 05 was great. Once the new console hit the market, Madden took a sharp decline. What's to say that can't happen with NBA 2k?
Because 2K never decline. They were successful with last gen in football and still successful in current gen with basketball. What more evidence do you need?
Now what has EA done? They have destroyed football and have no clue with basketball. Now you think all of a sudden because it's next gen that EA can compete with a company like 2K that has proven it's dominance to continue to put out great material on all generation consoles. What a joke!! .... You guys are in denial
Old 09-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
Because 2K never decline. They were successful with last gen in football and still successful in current gen with basketball. What more evidence do you need?
Now what has EA done? They have destroyed football and have no clue with basketball. Now you think all of a sudden because it's next gen that EA can compete with a company like 2K that has proven it's dominance to continue to put out great material on all generation consoles. What a joke!! .... You guys are in denial
2k also mutilated baseball and hockey. EA had a solid baseball game on last-gen, and has put out solid FIFA and NHL games this gen. See how that goes both ways? Luckily for me, I am not biased toward either game/company. I want both games to be good.

Last edited by Skopin; 09-13-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
2k also mutilated baseball and hockey. EA had a solid baseball game on last-gen, and has put out solid FIFA and NHL games this gen. See how that goes both ways? Luckily for me, I am not biased toward either game/company. I want both games to be good.
Lol!! You think EA baseball game is better then 2K, you can't be serious!!
2K may not have produce a great baseball game in comparison to MLB The SHOW but at least you can play the game and it's with current gen standard something you can't say about EA Sports.
They're sports game are not playable, looks and feels robotic, players flopping all over the place, the overall game feels like PS1. The only game that they get some positive feed back from is FIFA.
Bottom line, EA Sports is no where near 2K Sports level, period!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #86
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

The level of immaturity and ignorance in some of these post still boggle my mind.

So what if you won't give Live a look, if you don't like EA and Live stop posting in their threads already, we get it!!!

Does Live have a chance? Really?

First off any company that is willing to put out a NBA game has a chance, you know why. Because there is this thing called choice and a word call both!!!

You have a choice to buy whatever you want and when you want it!!

You can easily get both games and enjoy them for their differences. No one wants to buy two games that are exactly alike!!!

This is where some peoples minds are so small, that in your little world a troll told you one day, that you can only pick one and only enjoy one....Life is about differences and choices.

Why not enjoy Live series for what they are, and enjoy 2k for what they are....instead of always trying to build a riff between the two with stupid rants.

I feel like half the negative ignorant post in here are just misguided energy's!

Seriously grow the ...... up!!! If you still can't enjoy both games because your mind can only dedicate to one a year, then I feel sorry for you. I can imagine what other games you've missed from such a biased aspect on life.

Remember it's about the sport, about the game, and not the company.

- Peace.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
Lol!! You think EA baseball game is better then 2K, you can't be serious!!
2K may not have produce a great baseball game in comparison to MLB The SHOW but at least you can play the game and it's with current gen standard something you can't say about EA Sports.
They're sports game are not playable, looks and feels robotic, players flopping all over the place, the overall game feels like PS1. The only game that they get some positive feed back from is FIFA.
Bottom line, EA Sports is no where near 2K Sports level, period!
You're fun. I'm glad I'm not closed-minded.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
The level of immaturity and ignorance in some of these post still boggle my mind.

So what if you won't give Live a look, if you don't like EA and Live stop posting in their threads already, we get it!!!

Does Live have a chance? Really?

First off any company that is willing to put out a NBA game has a chance, you know why. Because there is this thing called choice and a word call both!!!

You have a choice to buy whatever you want and when you want it!!

You can easily get both games and enjoy them for their differences. No one wants to buy two games that are exactly alike!!!

This is where some peoples minds are so small, that in your little world a troll told you one day, that you can only pick one and only enjoy one....Life is about differences and choices.

Why not enjoy Live series for what they are, and enjoy 2k for what they are....instead of always trying to build a riff between the two with stupid rants.

I feel like half the negative ignorant post in here are just misguided energy's!

Seriously grow the ...... up!!! If you still can't enjoy both games because your mind can only dedicate to one a year, then I feel sorry for you. I can imagine what other games you've missed from such a biased aspect on life.

Remember it's about the sport, about the game, and not the company.

- Peace.
You are absolutely right, life is about choices and EA took that away from us when they bought the rights to football. People are tired of water down products with no effort but to make a buck. I don't think you get it. It's not about some picking sides and don't want Live to succeed. This is mainly about the quality of product that one puts out. People use 2K in comparison to EA for that same reason. So when you hear someone acknowledging 2K Sports, it's not for 2k it's about what they do or have done. We all have a right to voice our opinion and let our voices be herd. After all it's our right and choice as buyers.
When you decide to represent all in which EA chose to do when it bought the rights to football, then this is exactly what you subject yourself to and it's fair critisicum

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »