Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
oh boo hoo

cry me a river!!! The NFL License has nothing to do with all the other titles they released. And the subject is Live, not NFL....Your hatred for one companies business decision is just mediocre and stupid...

It's been 9 years and people want to rip EA for everything they've done for the loss of one 2k title...gtfo...

They didn't buy NCAA, where's college hoops...

They didn't buy NHL, where 2k hockey...

They loss the MLB, 2k baseball is poo x2

There are other sports, even Konami pushes out PES each year with not license for FIFA, but hey it's completely editable to have the real players and teams.

2k loses a license and creates All Pro Football and limits out any way to edit into a NFL game.

Backbreaker comes out and is edited into a NFL game. (Contradictory circumstances)

get over yourself and trying to hate every title they make for one exclusive license....

Back on Topic..

there is a chance for Live as there would be for Sony, if they revamped Shootout and bring it back....I said Shootout not NBA The Inside..that was trash...

Konami can return Inside Drive and I'd buy that...
If it doesn't mean anything then why did they 'EA Sports" buy the NFL license if the first place. I'll tell you why, ...because Madden would not exist today. That's why
Anytime you can't compete you find a way to eliminate the competition, which is bad for gamers because no one wants to play the same game all the time especially if it's crap!! Everyone wants choices
Old 09-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #98
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Live 10 was decent, yes, but anyone who thinks a sequel of that game would've been able to compete with 2k11 is utterly foolish. Live 10 gets props because it was the best Live in years. Now that they haven't released a game since Lebron wore a Cavs' jersey, people are acting like it was better than 2k10 lol. Getting 5 on 5 Bball correct is a multi year thing and takes a lot of fan feedback. EA is probably 3-5 years away from even getting a good all around experience out there.
One of the leading members of the Live 10 Team left EA and when back to 2k and helped make 2k11 as great as it was, so if you want to play what ifs there is that if EA had just stayed the course with Mike would they have been able to compete, i think they would have had a good chance.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #99
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I replied to someone else's post with my opinion about defense and AI. You jumped in and exclaimed that Live has flaws completely irrelevant to my post, so I countered by saying that 2k has those same issues.

I never said that Live was an amazing game, or that it was flawless. That being said, Live's major issue was player movement and interaction. There was a lot of sliding and warping to make things happen. 2k has similar issues, but to a different extent. The rebounding in 2k has been atrocious, especially in My Player/ My Career. Teammate AI on both offense and defense is also lacking.

My point is that both games have issues. With a new engine and new consoles, EA actually has the opportunity to fix their player movement issues. I would love two solid NBA games.

..and again, how is 2ks rebounding issues in My Player even remotely relevant to NBA Live's players jumping without bending their knees, onlu jumping straight up and down, rebounds hitting the floor not matter who jumps and whos around?

Like I said, there are far worse problems to deal with than what you dont like in My Player in another game.

Live didnt just have sliding and warping either...and since the defense was so gimped, you had players literally hugged to the ball player like a snuggie, and the only way you could drive was to do a bunch of dribble moves.. even though I pointed it out they ignored the issue, which tells me all of that Synergy data didn't mean crap in the scheme of it because all of those ratings and tendencies were awful, and I mean worse than 2k insider awful.

PGs were grabbing rebounds over Centers until you looked at the ratings and saw everybody's ratings were input from Candyland.

I commented on your defense is better comment and gave examples why its not, and im adding more because as I said, it seems that people have forgotten in the middle of all of this crazy arguing, EA has to deal with EAs issues, not 2ks.

If 2k never makes another game, EA will still need to deal with its gimped on court interaction, players shrinking size under the basket which was in that E3 trailer as well as old Live's and I have video to point that out as well...

Its such a long laundry list that I have no idea how so many people can come in here to this graveyard trashing 2k.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #100
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

If EA would release NBA Live with the same gameplay that 10 had, I'm sold. I loved 10 and still play it. Just stopped playing when the season ended.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 09-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #101
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

wait for 5 on 5 videos probably the only answer at this point.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #102
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Honestly only a demo really truly would.

A 2 to 5 minute video can show you things but it can also not show you things

Galaxy Note 2
Old 09-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #103
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Honestly only a demo really truly would.

A 2 to 5 minute video can show you things but it can also not show you things

Galaxy Note 2
Agreed . I wonder how big of a jump 2k can make on next gen and what EA can do too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
..and again, how is 2ks rebounding issues in My Player even remotely relevant to NBA Live's players jumping without bending their knees, onlu jumping straight up and down, rebounds hitting the floor not matter who jumps and whos around?

Like I said, there are far worse problems to deal with than what you dont like in My Player in another game.

Live didnt just have sliding and warping either...and since the defense was so gimped, you had players literally hugged to the ball player like a snuggie, and the only way you could drive was to do a bunch of dribble moves.. even though I pointed it out they ignored the issue, which tells me all of that Synergy data didn't mean crap in the scheme of it because all of those ratings and tendencies were awful, and I mean worse than 2k insider awful.

PGs were grabbing rebounds over Centers until you looked at the ratings and saw everybody's ratings were input from Candyland.

I commented on your defense is better comment and gave examples why its not, and im adding more because as I said, it seems that people have forgotten in the middle of all of this crazy arguing, EA has to deal with EAs issues, not 2ks.

If 2k never makes another game, EA will still need to deal with its gimped on court interaction, players shrinking size under the basket which was in that E3 trailer as well as old Live's and I have video to point that out as well...

Its such a long laundry list that I have no idea how so many people can come in here to this graveyard trashing 2k.
I replied to someone else who made a comparison to 2k. Yet you clearly, for some reason, think I am the one who brought 2k into the discussion. Everything you mentioned was exactly what I said. EA's major flaw has been player movement.

But since you brought it up, let's talk about rebounding in 2k, which has the exact same issue when it comes to ratings meaning nothing. I see players with 90+ defensive rebounding ratings get out-rebounded by smaller players all the time in 2k13. Sometimes it's because the poor AI teammates fail to box out. Sometimes it's because the 90+ rebounding player reaches for empty space due to lack of ball awareness.

You say you gave examples of how EA's defense is worse than 2k's, but your examples mean nothing since 2k has the same issues. And I did not come in here trashing 2k. I made an opinionated statement about which game I thought had better defense and AI.

Please stop replying to me with your nonsensical babble.

Last edited by Skopin; 09-13-2013 at 04:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »