Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
You are absolutely right, life is about choices and EA took that away from us when they bought the rights to football. People are tired of water down products with no effort but to make a buck. I don't think you get it. It's not about some picking sides and don't want Live to succeed. This is mainly about the quality of product that one puts out. People use 2K in comparison to EA for that same reason. So when you hear someone acknowledging 2K Sports, it's not for 2k it's about what they do or have done. We all have a right to voice our opinion and let our voices be herd. After all it's our right and choice as buyers.
When you decide to represent all in which EA chose to do when it bought the rights to football, then this is exactly what you subject yourself to and it's fair critisicum
2k did the same thing by buying the rights to MLB. The only difference is that Madden still sells.

To be honest, there is no reason 2k can't make another football game. They just can't use the NFL license. But they can give the community the tools to create it themselves. Backbreaker did that with the team creator. Add the ability to create custom rosters and you have a game. Obviously people would be willing to create them; there are still people making updated rosters for NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #90
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Personally, I have always found Live's defense and AI to be much better than 2k's. I will say that 2k making the switch to right-stick dribble moves has greatly improved the offensive control.
Hilarious

Better?

The last game I edited was live 10 and it was atrocious. Derek Fisher having an 87 in defensive recovery was one awful example. As soon as you pump faked a guy he would immediately slide back in front of you when you drove while he was in the air.

How about when the CPU would do the sideways footslide all the way down the court full speed while you're on a break? That defies physics

That's just 2 examples and trust me I remember very well

2k's defense or lack of is clearly an issue, but its like people have forgotten about NBA lives areas of lack, and there were ALOT of them.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #91
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
You are absolutely right, life is about choices and EA took that away from us when they bought the rights to football. People are tired of water down products with no effort but to make a buck. I don't think you get it. It's not about some picking sides and don't want Live to succeed. This is mainly about the quality of product that one puts out. People use 2K in comparison to EA for that same reason. So when you hear someone acknowledging 2K Sports, it's not for 2k it's about what they do or have done. We all have a right to voice our opinion and let our voices be herd. After all it's our right and choice as buyers.
When you decide to represent all in which EA chose to do when it bought the rights to football, then this is exactly what you subject yourself to and it's fair critisicum
oh boo hoo

cry me a river!!! The NFL License has nothing to do with all the other titles they released. And the subject is Live, not NFL....Your hatred for one companies business decision is just mediocre and stupid...

It's been 9 years and people want to rip EA for everything they've done for the loss of one 2k title...gtfo...

They didn't buy NCAA, where's college hoops...

They didn't buy NHL, where 2k hockey...

They loss the MLB, 2k baseball is poo x2

There are other sports, even Konami pushes out PES each year with not license for FIFA, but hey it's completely editable to have the real players and teams.

2k loses a license and creates All Pro Football and limits out any way to edit into a NFL game.

Backbreaker comes out and is edited into a NFL game. (Contradictory circumstances)

get over yourself and trying to hate every title they make for one exclusive license....

Back on Topic..

there is a chance for Live as there would be for Sony, if they revamped Shootout and bring it back....I said Shootout not NBA The Inside..that was trash...

Konami can return Inside Drive and I'd buy that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Hilarious

Better?

The last game I edited was live 10 and it was atrocious. Derek Fisher having an 87 in defensive recovery was one awful example. As soon as you pump faked a guy he would immediately slide back in front of you when you drove while he was in the air.

How about when the CPU would do the sideways footslide all the way down the court full speed while you're on a break? That defies physics

That's just 2 examples and trust me I remember very well

2k's defense or lack of is clearly an issue, but its like people have forgotten about NBA lives areas of lack, and there were ALOT of them.
I never said Live didn't have issues. But 2k has those exact same two issues, even in 2k13. Speed means nothing in NBA 2k; there are several videos posted showing examples. And defenders warp back into place after pump fakes all the time in 2k13.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #93
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
I never said Live didn't have issues. But 2k has those exact same two issues, even in 2k13. Speed means nothing in NBA 2k; there are several videos posted showing examples. And defenders warp back into place after pump fakes all the time in 2k13.

What does 2k have to do with the outlandishness of NBA Live. If you want to go on about issues this series is far and beyond anything 2k has right now. Its so far off the game hasn't released in years.

Im not into the fanboy games because Id rather have all 6 games back on the market, but its apparent to me with all of the 2k ranting in here that people have forgotten the game killing flaws this series had from day 1....
Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
What does 2k have to do with the outlandishness of NBA Live. If you want to go on about issues this series is far and beyond anything 2k has right now. Its so far off the game hasn't released in years.

Im not into the fanboy games because Id rather have all 6 games back on the market, but its apparent to me with all of the 2k ranting in here that people have forgotten the game killing flaws this series had from day 1....
You're completely overplaying what I said. I said that, in my opinion, Live had better AI and defense. I never said there weren't issues with the game(s). However, I brought up 2k because you used examples of issues from Live 10 (4 years old) that also exist in NBA 2k13 (11 months old).

I'm not against either company or game. I want a realistic basketball game as much, if not more, than anyone else.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #95
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
You're completely overplaying what I said. I said that, in my opinion, Live had better AI and defense. I never said there weren't issues with the game(s). However, I brought up 2k because you used examples of issues from Live 10 (4 years old) that also exist in NBA 2k13 (11 months old).

I'm not against either company or game. I want a realistic basketball game as much, if not more, than anyone else.
Thats an unbacked up opinion. I gave examples of defense because I know what kinds of issues that game had, and I used Live 10 as an example because it was the best of current gen they released.

I think we can agree both games have issues but my issue here is a roasting of 2k although they've undisputably made the best basketball game to date ever made, while this company has tripped and slipped over its own feet several times, but its being ignored by the same folks who aren't even acknowledging the ridiculous issues this series was plagued with because they were real bad.

It makes it much easier to talk about what NBA Live needs to do and improve on rather than to say whats wrong in 2k. If this games doesnt improve to the level of 2k it'll just be a 2nd hand basketball series because they are far behind in alot of aspects.

Screw dribbling because that was never the problem... what about the unrealistic rebounding, lack of and and bad movement and animations, hardly touched franchise mode, and so many things this series has been plagued with from day 1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #96
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats an unbacked up opinion. I gave examples of defense because I know what kinds of issues that game had, and I used Live 10 as an example because it was the best of current gen they released.

I think we can agree both games have issues but my issue here is a roasting of 2k although they've undisputably made the best basketball game to date ever made, while this company has tripped and slipped over its own feet several times, but its being ignored by the same folks who aren't even acknowledging the ridiculous issues this series was plagued with because they were real bad.

It makes it much easier to talk about what NBA Live needs to do and improve on rather than to say whats wrong in 2k. If this games doesnt improve to the level of 2k it'll just be a 2nd hand basketball series because they are far behind in alot of aspects.

Screw dribbling because that was never the problem... what about the unrealistic rebounding, lack of and and bad movement and animations, hardly touched franchise mode, and so many things this series has been plagued with from day 1?
I replied to someone else's post with my opinion about defense and AI. You jumped in and exclaimed that Live has flaws completely irrelevant to my post, so I countered by saying that 2k has those same issues.

I never said that Live was an amazing game, or that it was flawless. That being said, Live's major issue was player movement and interaction. There was a lot of sliding and warping to make things happen. 2k has similar issues, but to a different extent. The rebounding in 2k has been atrocious, especially in My Player/ My Career. Teammate AI on both offense and defense is also lacking.

My point is that both games have issues. With a new engine and new consoles, EA actually has the opportunity to fix their player movement issues. I would love two solid NBA games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »