Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Dont fool yourself into thinking that a new system doesnt make a difference, it means alot. Im sure EA will show something we havent seen b/c....... we havent seen it yet lol.

We all know they couldnt compete on current gen but understand that next gen is different, they are releasing a game. We are the only ones here talking about how everything has gone in the past which is why we dont follow the EA hype train but dont think for a second that 2k is taking them lightly b/c of their past like alot of 2k fans are (Im a fan of both for the record).

You do know that 2k really started to take over even more when we moved to the new systems right?

Current gen will be a thing of the past. When next gen games start coming out nobody will give a dodo about current gen(2k or EA), but of course we as fans will are speculating based off of what happened in the past. Im just letting you know right now it doesnt matter how anybody feels and ppl are getting real emotional b/c they are angry with ea which is understandable.

Your emotions lead you to BELIEVE that ea will put out garbage b/c of they're previous releases but dont act like you KNOW whats going on until we see some gameplay of the TWO and have legit comparable evidence.

Until then all of the opinions and "fanboyism" of who's better and who will have a better game USELESS, its all speculation from a bunch of ppl who BELIEVE not KNOW who will have a better game. We probably even think we know that 2k will sell more which I strongly believe lol but I still dont even know that b/c live did have a lot of fans b4.

Its even field right now, clean slate my brotha. Like if ea releases a good game (which I BELIEVE they will lol)everything will be forgiven then what are you going to talk about? Their past still?
Please be here when they release the 5 on 5 game play. You will see what I'm talking about. EA is all about selling, that's it!
The thing that get's me is what have they shown you to make you say the things that come out of your mouth, absolutely nothing. It's the EA fan boys who are emotional. I support 2K not because it's 2K but because they have put out good products. We would never have known what a basketball video game was capable of if EA had own the license. The only reason madden still exist is because of the license, they would be going through the exact same thing that live is going through. Madden has been garbage for years, crowd still look like it's in 16 bit, sideline players still look like card board boxes. It's just straight sad how they have killed football. Yet some of you guys still want to give them a pass when they have absolutely given you nothing.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #58
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookatmenow
Please be here when they release the 5 on 5 game play. You will see what I'm talking about. EA is all about selling, that's it!
The thing that get's me is what have they shown you to make you say the things that come out of your mouth, absolutely nothing. It's the EA fan boys who are emotional. I support 2K not because it's 2K but because they have put out good products. We would never have known what a basketball video game was capable of if EA had own the license. The only reason madden still exist is because of the license, they would be going through the exact same thing that live is going through. Madden has been garbage for years, crowd still look like it's in 16 bit, sideline players still look like card board boxes. It's just straight sad how they have killed football. Yet some of you guys still want to give them a pass when they have absolutely given you nothing.
I'll be here when the haters come knocking, and what has EA shown us to make us hyped up? How about next gen graphics, even a next gen trailer is more than 2K has done. The difference is EA has had a team solely devoted to working on a game for next gen hardware, 2K split their team up to work on CG and NG games so who is really looking at the future of hoops games? Sure we haven't seen 5 on 5 gameplay but i wouldn't really rate a 10min video of Ronnie2K & LD2K current gen groundbreaking either.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 PM   #59
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
I'll be here when the haters come knocking, and what has EA shown us to make us hyped up? How about next gen graphics, even a next gen trailer is more than 2K has done. The difference is EA has had a team solely devoted to working on a game for next gen hardware, 2K split their team up to work on CG and NG games so who is really looking at the future of hoops games? Sure we haven't seen 5 on 5 gameplay but i wouldn't really rate a 10min video of Ronnie2K & LD2K current gen groundbreaking either.
2K has released a next gen trailer and it was longer than EA's.

EA has only showed us a pre-rendered teaser and then an in game rendered teaser with just Kyrie Irving dribbling. So, neither company has shown us much.

Before making statements please review the material available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
Lol!!! ....2K don't need to show nothing, they record speaks for it's self. They are the reason live don't exist anymore and couldn't compete on current gen. You sound crazy
That's why EA bought the license to the NFL, anyone with common sense know that 2k don't have to prove anything, they're not the one on trial
Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
2K has released a next gen trailer and it was longer than EA's.

EA has only showed us a pre-rendered teaser and then an in game rendered teaser with just Kyrie Irving dribbling. So, neither company has shown us much.

Before making statements please review the material available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfjrh12L38

If this is the trailer your talking about it's pre alpha PS4 and IMO it looks current gen to me, pre rendered or not next gen should look better than this right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Lol!!! ....2K don't need to show nothing, they record speaks for it's self. They are the reason live don't exist anymore and couldn't compete on current gen. You sound crazy
That's why EA bought the license to the NFL, anyone with common sense know that 2k don't have to prove anything, they're not the one on trial
I beg to differ, 2K Sports does have something to prove, it's next gen consoles, clean slate for both EA & 2K so statements like couldn't compete on current gen mean very little. And having the licensing of the NBA, NFL, FIFA, NHL is just plain smart on EA's part giving them access to real tv broadcast presentation, instead of allowing a rap artist to smear his brand all over an NBA game, thats real authentic.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #63
Rookie

Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Mike Tyson was proven until he met James "buster" Douglas. Before the fight it was a sure thing that he would walk all over him based on his past record. they stepped in the ring and Tyson got knocked the f*** out. We can't be so sure 2k will hold the title in next gen until we see some more. Live 14 could be buster Douglas!
Old 09-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 8
Man I would not put so much hope into any EA sports title
Live 10 was a decent game and they didn't realize what they had.
They shouldn't just built off that game and by now they would have been neck and neck with 2k.
See the main problem with EA sports is that they don't like to lose then the panick and think they got to do gimmicky stuff to compete. Just watch live 14 will be decent to a lot of players but next EA will screw it up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »