Home

OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Let's face it, NBA 2K is king currently.

There are no other game series which are awaited as anxiously by OS'ers than NBA 2K, and for the last couple of years the game has gone unchallenged on the marketplace.

Of course, changes this year as NBA Live 14 is entering stage right.

With such an ingrained dominance on the marketplace right now from NBA 2K, does NBA Live even stand a chance to make a mark on gamers this year and establish a foothold to work off of?

Read More - OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Nba live over baby!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
I think so, I don't really care if it isn't better than 2k, as long as its solid and something DIFFERENT.

Sometimes I feel like im the only person getting bored of playing 2k every single year, especially when the glaring issues are still present year after year.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Let's face it, NBA 2K is king currently.

There are no other game series which are awaited as anxiously by OS'ers than NBA 2K, and for the last couple of years the game has gone unchallenged on the marketplace.

Of course, changes this year as NBA Live 14 is entering stage right.

With such an ingrained dominance on the marketplace right now from NBA 2K, does NBA Live even stand a chance to make a mark on gamers this year and establish a foothold to work off of?

Read More - OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?
The question should be who will come out on top b/c this is a new system and if im not mistaken live has had more time to prepare for nex gen so that kind of evens things out as far as next gen consoles. I say that only b/c 2k has a pretty decent record when it comes to delivering with the exception of nba 2k13.

Dont get it twisted 2k just has momentum b/c they have been releasing games so everybody assumes whats going to happen based off of past history. However this is NEW SYSTEMS so nobody knows whats going to happen for sure until we see gameplay.

So fanboys chill the xxxx out with the arguments until we see gameplay b/c somebody is bound to get their feelings hurt as serious and emotional as you mufs get.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
I'm a 2k die hard fan, and Im in fear that LIve will have an immediate impact regarding sales.
EA's bread and butter ill be with the marketing and advertising dollars. Theyll spend a ton, partner up with a network during the release week, just like they did for Madden25.

The Name NBA resonates with alot of ****** gamers also. 2k has always been viewed as the more complex game to play.. SO that is another area where LIve will have an advantage.

Theyll also make an impact with online, which has been stated in this article.

Finally, Ill always support 2k, Ill check out Live via rental or a relative. At this point in the game I think amongst the OS community the lines are clearly divided. Its either you love 2k or you love Live. I dont think theyll be any defectors from the 2k brand. The ones that do the switch are probably LIve supporters anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: OS Roundtable: Does Live Stand a Chance?

Hell yeah Live stands a chance

the thing that make LMAO is how fans of 2K think that Next-Gen will automatically be better than Live based on past history

lets put it this way Madden and NCAA were good XBOX/PS2 days but when it came to Current-Gen they took steps back

Also 2K has been slacking with NO competition on Current-Gen these last few years but some people don't want to acknowledge it

I know I'm probably one of the few who want ALL of EA's games to be good Next-gen but that's just me

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
I am not a big soccer fan, but I play FIFA because the pro clubs and online seasons are just a ton of fun. NBA live can be the basketball equivalent for NON basketball fans just looking to have fun.

But as athe basketball purist that I am, there is no way I would play live over 2k. Because no matter what online options they have, if it doesn't produce a realistic basketball sim experience I will most likely throw up on my controller
Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I've been a huge 2k fan since 2k7. However, before that I was an EA guy. I loved Live 2004 and 2006 (Especially 2004, why they stopped the player models from that game and made the horrible player models beyond that is beyond me.) I plan on still being a 2k guy until Live can show me otherwise. I still may get Live games though even if 2k remains king. I know for a while 2007-2010 I got both at different times.

On a side note: 2k had great game prior to 2k7 I just didn't get to try most of them (except 2k2 and 2k3) because I only had a G-cube

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »