Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #145
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
While I agree with most of what you said, I can assure you Phil + Jim definitely reference your last game in CFM mode. They'll talk about how you struggled in the redzone, on third downs, etc.
True. They do reference it, but it so genrric. They will simply say last week you were successful in the red zone. Why can't they say last week you scored three red zone touchdowns. Or how you rank league wide in red zone scoring ( and add a stat banner highlighting it, not just for that game).

Heck I would love to them just reference the game your currently in. Last time in the red zone they turned it over or today the Patriots are 2 for 3 in the red zone.

No matter how you spin it, CFM games are nothing more than play now games that accumulate stats. They can continue to add all the dialogue they want about last years real life stories, but not having commentary about your spefic season and its stories ruins any immersion. For example I had to play the Saints(4-1 at the time), who lost Dew Breeds in thelast game. The commentators don't even mention it. I had to go look it up during and after the game to get the complete story.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 08-27-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #146
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtlm6
Did they bring back the fantasy draft?
Yes they brought it back
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #147
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Let me start off by saying that in no way am I an apologist, loyalist or fanboy, but I liked the following post so much that I'd like to break it down and analyze it as honestly as I can (I also mean no personal offense to its original poster, victorkingchamp):

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
My biggest problem with Madden is the presentation. A few awkwardly animated cutscenes does not equal presentation.

Why are the replays done from such a weird camera angle?
This actually has improved from last year, though it's still not on the level as Madden 12. I agree, though, the authentic angles from M12 are still fewer and further between. Thankfully much of the slow-mo mess from M13 is actually less noticeable.

Quote:
Why no decent halftime show and weekly breakdown show? Nfl 2k did it.
Had they improved on The Extra Point/Extra Point Halftime Show and not scrapped it within two years, this wouldn't be an issue. I agree once again. It was a feature with tons of potential that ended up being anything but decent.

Quote:
Why has the commentary been lacking for so long? Nba 2k nails it.
The commentary is getting better and it's actually one of the bright spots of the game's hit-and-miss presentation. I think it's the best it's ever been, even moreso than last-gen's Madden and Michaels. Is it to the level of 2K? Absolutely not, but in terms of the advancements made to FIFA and NHL's commentary tech, it's finally getting somewhere, which couldn't be said about Madden 06-Madden 12. Developers say it's even more detailed in next-gen M25 but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:
Why no interactive sidelines? allpro 2k8 did it.
Jury's still out, but developers say this also will be added in next-gen. We'll see if they react anything like APF's (I have my doubts).

Quote:
Why not show other key players taking the field, instead of the same 2 or 3 animations for the QB every game?
I agree, at least to spotlight a key defensive player like Patrick Willis. QB's get the most attention, though, especially on CBS which includes a very similar "run-out" to Madden. But yes, camera angles and animations should vary and presentation should happen in real-time --- I'm as tired of the canned cutscenes as you are, in other words.

Quote:
Where are the authentic stadium sounds?
There's actually a lot more of them this year...at least some of them are new. More attention seems to be given to certain sound effects this year than last...the sound of fireworks exploding after every Bills touchdown, for instance, never happened before this year. Is it perfect? No. Are they getting there? Seems like it. Will they make it there? We'll see. All I know is custom stadium sounds are long overdue.

Quote:
Why not show players running into and out of the huddle?
When a RB or WR gets subbed out due to fatigue, why not show him signal to the sidelines for the backup?
Why don't the players ever toss the ball to the ref after plays?
I like these ideas...more reasons for Madden to include real-time presentation. NBA 2K, The Show, FIFA (somewhat) and NHL already do it. Cutscenes are dated, it's time to move forward with the new hardware.

Quote:
Where are mascots and cheerleaders?
In the team entrance sequences during and nowhere else. Seriously, I'm confused about this as well. Hate to say "next-gen" again but with all the talk about interactive sidelines and "living worlds", this MUST be something they aim for.

Quote:
Why can't EA do subtle animations for celebrations instead of the over the top cartoony ones that they use now? Just have the players high five, butt helmets, spike the ball..etc.
I'm pretty sure Madden wants to be an over-the-top version of the NFL since that's exactly the way the NFL wants itself to be presented. Highlights and miraculous plays sell. I'm not sure whether this is the NFL in EA's ear or EA picking this emphasis themselves, but I, once again, agree. I'd love to see a "pure", no-nonsense football sim one of these days.

Quote:
MLB The Show and Nba 2K both have gameplay issues but, their overall presentation of the sport allows ,me to be more forgiving. Madden is a mix of C+ gameplay and D- presentation IMO. I know a few people that are not fans of NBA2k13's gameplay but they love the presentation because it replicates the excitement of the sport.
I've been saying for years that so many other games on the market are held to a higher standard. Why can't we expect the same out of Madden? Great post, and I honestly hope the developers see your list and take them into consideration. Pardon the cheesiness, but the quality of the rest of this series depends on it.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #148
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
the point is that some people think is cool paying 60 bucks for Madden 13 with updated rosters.
period
Old 08-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the big deal, some ole same ole from the EA Madden gang. I'm having a hoot playing Franchise Madden 2009 on my PS2. Gameplay wise it's all over current gen. Normally Madden is day 1 buy for me, not this year.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #150
Rookie

The state of video football games is not good. Can you imagine if NBA Live had a monopoly over basketball game? What would be left?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #151
Rookie

25yrs of Madden, and were still saying "maybe next year we will see fixes." Now its "next gen." Smh
I agree with this whole page, Connected career is just not that connected basically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #152
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
Extremely glad that they brought back the fantasy draft but they need to add a clock that you can view while you search and decide for the player that you're going to pick. Hope to see that with the next update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »