Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 14
If you guys want a good slider set you can check out my black set by downloading them from EA Share @ BucsM25Black

It does not address the Read Option, so if you are a team with read option plays you will want to remove them or not use them. For the rest of you, hope you have fun with them.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #114
Banned

OVR: 6
Does the game still feel extremely 'automated' ? (cpu constantly taking control over the player you have highlighted)
Old 08-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #115
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBinnzer
To the folks who gripe about the adding and taking away of features.. how is this franchise supposed to reinvent itself every year without new features that may eventually be replaced by others?
There are tons of features we can go back to that this applies to.
If the game was perfect (every feature and graphics/gameplay perfect) and EA only added only new rosters each year... could you imagine the griping then?
The revolving features are just the nature of a yearly franchise.. a franchise based on a game that rarely changes.. in the last few years, how many real changes have come to the NFL?

We have had running QB's change the game in real life, and he read option is being ran in the NFL
We have had spectacular passing season totals, and AP almost broke the rushing record.

Does that sound like a ton of content to base a 4 years of updates on? Of course not.. so EA has to make stuff, add features if you will to make the annual game release interesting.
Whatever happened to creativity? Whatever happened to tweaking to perfection? They add/focus on a certain aspect and you see minimal improvement to added features.

In reading your post though, I'm not sure if you're justifying EA or bashing them. I R Confuse. Not your fault though, my comprehension skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I've said it before, but I've been told by a good source skip next gen this year
I've read in magazines (GI) and other online sources (some being the game producers themselves) that games released for current and next gen systems will not differ a whole lot from each other for now. Graphics-wise, yes. And there may be a few added features here or there on next gen. But as far as core gameplay, if it comes out for both gen systems, the core gameplay will be pretty similar.

Dustin, was this review including the Day 1 patch or no? Would the patch affect your review if so (gameplay, etc.)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 1
All I want is a sim quality game, where my Jaguars can win the Super Bowl in year 1. Is that so much to ask for???
Old 08-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 4
Why does my home crowed cheer for first downs by the away team along with the stadium music being played for away teams first downs? Also how many times do I have to hear the same song played on one drive? WOW!!!! had to make some adjustments with the volume settings there.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ33
Why does my home crowed cheer for first downs by the away team along with the stadium music being played for away teams first downs? Also how many times do I have to hear the same song played on one drive? WOW!!!! had to make some adjustments with the volume settings there.
I was done when I saw the home crowd celebrating in a video when the AWAY team scored a TD. It's a crying shame when I realized that I didn't buy one Madden game this entire gen. I'm disagreeing with a few of you. Presentation means EVERYTHING in a sports game. If I'm not "brought in" by the game, then why am I playing? Seems like a robotic experience to me. Presentation and TV production values are part of the reason why some fans don't attend games. These TV stations are so good that the best seat in the house is at home.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #119
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Madden has a LOT of things it can do better/"real"

To be fair I'm passing on M25 current gen and am heading staright to Next Gen...so I have not played current gen version OR the demo...

With that said:
Does this Madden's punted balls still have terrible physics and shoot through the endzone 95% of the time?
Do we see players coming on/off the field when packages change?
Do we see things like illegal subs?
Do we see real WR/DB and in the trench battles?

I could go on for a good while...

The game may be fun and an improvement but If the answer is still no to the above ?'s then please don't try and tell me this is as real as it gets and we see what we see on Sundays.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-26-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #120
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4

Im loving this game, but the everyone I play against online just runs the ball all the time, I dont really have a problem with it but madden made it so easy to rush the ball like you almost always guarenteed 4-6yds if you are somewhat decent in madden......and some people even run the pistol with qbs such as matt schaub

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »