Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #121
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Madden has a LOT of things it can do better/"real"

To be fair I'm passing on M25 current gen and am heading staright to Next Gen...so I have not played current gen version OR the demo...

With that said:
Does this Madden's punted balls still have terrible physics and shoot through the endzone 95% of the time?
Do we see players coming on/off the field when packages change?
Do we see things like illegal subs?
Do we see real WR/DB and in the trench battles?

I could go on for a good while...

The game may be fun and an improvement but If the answer is still no to the above ?'s then please don't try and tell me this is as real as it gets and we see what we see on Sundays.
This exactly, there is an overwhelmingly long list of things Madden doesn't even attempt to do well, much less advancing them in the year 2013, yet it's "fun", which is all that supposedly matters in a video game. That's what the entire defense or bar for football gaming has been lowered to, the representation of the NFL, outside of graphics, is trivial, all that matters for a video game is how much fun it is. Fun first, football second, if it's football but it ain't fun, then it has no place in a football video game. It's disappointing that anyone actually embraces that perspective and even worse that I have supported it by buying Madden this entire gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 5
Quite Simply....this game peaked with Madden 10.

Solid looking and feeling game play engine that could have been built on

This infinity engine offers such little variety and deviation from the same ole' repetitive results, that it just isnt worth the tradeoff of those hollow, wacky ragdoll interactions that do nothing but annoy me as I watch some twisted unnatural messes transpire every other play

The infinity engine does not bring true organic and dynamic gameplay to the table, it just makes a few limbs bend differently in unnatural fashions....Im sick of it
Old 08-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 14
"I love that EA Sports is finally prioritizing the efforts to make Madden NFL look like real football, but it comes up short in those important spots. Other sports games are lightyears ahead of Madden 25 here, and while it seems like a superfluous thing, it makes a big difference." Quote from IGN

Just going from the demo it's a fun game especially playing head to head but I do believe after a week it'll be on the shelves collecting dust while I look for more depth from other games. The game is made for head to head play not individual.

On a related side note from gamespot
Peter Moore of EA: "We don't deliver offline experiences any more"
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-we-d...y-more-6413672

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 08-26-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #124
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I get what people are saying about presentation. I want gameplay over everything, but I understand completely what some people in this thread and others have said about that.

One thing that I will never forget. I was staying with my grandparents for a year back in '04. I was playing 2k5 at the time and my grandpa, god rest his soul, came in and sat down. I was watching the weekly rap up. Well my grandpa is watching it, than they cut away to a play during one of the games. He goes "omg I thought this was real! this is your video game!" Right than and there I realized how much 2k put into their presentation for that game. Madden hasn't even come close to that. So I get why people want better presentation because of that alone.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #125
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
"I love that EA Sports is finally prioritizing the efforts to make Madden NFL look like real football, but it comes up short in those important spots. Other sports games are lightyears ahead of Madden 25 here, and while it seems like a superfluous thing, it makes a big difference." Quote from IGN

Just going from the demo it's a fun game especially playing head to head but I do believe after a week it'll be on the shelves collecting dust while I look for more depth from other games. The game is made for head to head play not individual.

On a related side note from gamespot
Peter Moore of EA: "We don't deliver offline experiences any more"
http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-we-d...y-more-6413672
WTF is really going on at EA? They must honestly believe they are visionaries, when it seems to others like myself that they are clueless. It almost seems like they are intentionally out to ruin gaming as we know it, in spite of the success of other gaming companies that don't do the absurd things they do. As disappointing as it is that they are currently in sole control of NFL gaming, thank God it's just that and not something more substantial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #126
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

I can live with a 7.5 rating. Not the best score but Madden has satisfied my football needs the last few years.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #127
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
Did they bring back the fantasy draft?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
WTF is really going on at EA? They must honestly believe they are visionaries, when it seems to others like myself that they are clueless. It almost seems like they are intentionally out to ruin gaming as we know it, in spite of the success of other gaming companies that don't do the absurd things they do. As disappointing as it is that they are currently in sole control of NFL gaming, thank God it's just that and not something more substantial.
I do believe that's why EA is so chumy with Micro$oft, they share the same outlook and vision. Look at E3 when Xbox1 1st revealed their DRM, always online, daily 24 hour check-in, Kinect2 mandatory, no used games, etc...
that was until there was a balance of power-namely the PS4 announced their intentions.
(1 million pre-orders, sold out everywhere)
If not for Sony they would have had the "one console to rule them all." Sort of like what we have now with the NFL exclusive contract "you will take it and like it!"
But unlike the balances of power we have with the Consoles, in regards to NFL videogames we have none, sadly.

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 08-26-2013 at 10:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »