Home

Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #97
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Not to dispute that people like the demo, but you would be ignoring the waves of people that don't like the demo. And there are quite a few people that were, shall we say, unmoved by the demo. I'm not one that buys into the retail versions being noticeably better than the demo. I know how EA works and their demos are normally quite in line with the retail versions.
Yeah well then we can't really discuss the same game, because the demo doesn't (INMO) play as good as the retail copy.

Its fun and sometimes rewarding playing on All-Madden. In the demo I could move the ball up and down the field, but not so much in the retail version. I've actually had to put my thinking cap on and be precise with my stick skills to move the ball, especially on third downs.
Its very good.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I like the Demo and from what I've read and witnessed, a lot of people seem to feel the same way. The retail version is very good. Give it a try.
The retail plays nothing like the demo
Old 08-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #99
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
The retail plays nothing like the demo
Exactly...
Old 08-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #100
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Yeah well then we can't really discuss the same game, because the demo doesn't (INMO) play as good as the retail copy.

Its fun and sometimes rewarding playing on All-Madden. In the demo I could move the ball up and down the field, but not so much in the retail version. I've actually had to put my thinking cap on and be precise with my stick skills to move the ball, especially on third downs.
Its very good.
But we've been down this road before with this game. And in my opinion, they make the game more of a challenge in ways that only cover up the deficiency. For example: bad pass coverage is fixed by dbs being able to move and turn at extraordinary rates as well as react to cuts instantly. Making up for really bad alignment and positioning.

What I'm saying is that it is not enough to have games produce realistic and challenging results. The challenge and results need to be borne out of true to life events. See what I'm saying?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #101
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Exactly...
We've been here before too. So, I will ask for specifics. Please describe, if you can, one key and tangible difference between the demo and retail that would convince a disgruntled Sim fan give it a try?

For the record, my plan was to get next gen. But now, all is up in the air. I've refused to buy it since the NFL deal until I saw certain features. But if I feel inclined, I may end that boycott.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #102
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Played the early release copy on season ticket Just not a fan of this game. Online is full of the same old jerks who love to exploit cheat and glitch. Game play seems of. Wideouts still don't go for the ball aggressively and ball hawk is the worse. id give this game a 7. It has some replay value on sunday during the breaks of games or on a weekend with nothing to do. Id take the flaws of NCAA over this junk called madden. Ill pass on next gen till year 2 or 3 when the kinks are worked out
Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Huh???

I took me a little time to read everything he wrote. And Chris is right......I used to skip right pass those LONG reviews. I need a "get to the point" review that still touches on all areas of the game. I don't know about anybody else but I don't have all day to sit and read a game review. This was long enough.
I like long reviews and I wish YR2 of his owner mode was explained more outside of Pete Carroll being fired. Do the commentators talk about your previous season, better yet, does it talk about the redskins defending their title? Stuff like that is what I'm looking for. The intelligence of the game, the continuity.

Either way, its Redbox rent time again.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #104
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
We've been here before too. So, I will ask for specifics. Please describe, if you can, one key and tangible difference between the demo and retail that would convince a disgruntled Sim fan give it a try?

For the record, my plan was to get next gen. But now, all is up in the air. I've refused to buy it since the NFL deal until I saw certain features. But if I feel inclined, I may end that boycott.

I think the biggest difference to me seems to be on the defensive side of the ball against the cpu.. They seem to zone better. They seem to key and bait a little more. The defense seems a little tighter overall.

I also like the challenge of attempting to move the ball, when the defense desires to blitz. It seems like they are shading the corners inside, forcing you to either scramble, force it or take the sack.

The game has its flaws but its fun overall.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »