Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #97
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
I too want EA to give us a great game that's gonna evolve but saying 2K is slacking really unfair when they've been producing games consequently, just like EA did during the 2000's.

Sent using Tap a Talk
they are slacking there are so many more things they could've added to their career mode but they don't.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #98
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
they are slacking there are so many more things they could've added to their career mode but they don't.
But they've improved gameplay year over year. No use adding a bunch of features if they're not up there with the gameplay first.

Slacking really is the wrong word to use since things have improved each year.

Sent using Tap a Talk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Not sure how you can say how they play when you're watching gameplay vids without knowing what setting they're on or the difficulty.

But even allowing that, the first thing I noticed was the Euro team pushed a fast break from the sides of the court instead of running up the middle like we do.

But about presentation, what more did you expect? Authentic Euro league broadcast? I don't know if they said they were even doing that. Pretty much always been advertised as Euro teams in NBA 2K. Not some Euro 2K14 spin off inside the game. And what kind of different commentary are you expecting? A whole new broadcast team behind the mic?

But enough of this. We're talking about Live in this thread.
My point was having those teams doesn't really add anything to the game. They essentially play the same as the NBA teams in the game, and there is nothing outside of the their names and uniforms that separates them.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If both modes are equal why would I go with the company with the inferior history?

As someone who plays BAP mode almost exclusively if EA BAP mode is similar to that of 2K I'll buy 2K only.
No one is saying that you should switch to Live blindly. If both modes are equal, you should go with the one that plays better and that you have more fun with. A mode means nothing if the gameplay isn't fun. 2k still hasn't proven that they can do decent AI in terms of My Career, whether it be from your own teammates or even your coach.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
But they've improved gameplay year over year. No use adding a bunch of features if they're not up there with the gameplay first.

Slacking really is the wrong word to use since things have improved each year.

Sent using Tap a Talk
To me, they really haven't improved gameplay that much. I will say I'm glad they finally moved dribble moves to the right stick. Outside of that, it still feels pretty much the same as the last few years. Where they are really lacking is AI. That should be the main focus, both on and off the court.

Back on topic: I really hope Live has a good showing this year. I liked the ideas they have had for Elite and Live 13, but they just didn't implement them well. Hopefully, with a better dev team and new engine/consoles, they will be able to make it worthwhile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wonder what other modes they'll have in this game, Rising Star sounds intriguing and it should be interesting to see how they differentiate their Career Mode from their previous Career Modes as well as 2k's Career Mode.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
lol i agree some of the people on this thread might be like that...but if you look all my comments i'm not one them..i grew up on EA its almost in my blood lol...i only know 2k because that deal they had back in the day where you cld get their games for $19 dollars so i would buy both games..since then i played both but besides that EA is what i know
I feel you dude. I wasn't much of a basketball fan early on, liked football way more, but I also grew up on EA. Part of that was because I didn't know too many people with a Dreamcast + the earlier 2Ks so everyone I knew played Madden/Live on PS2. Given that I'm more of a fan of basketball now, and that 2k's titles aren't really moving me lately, I'll be giving Live a look, and hopefully they put out a quality title that above all, WORKS. Doesn't need to be a HR but at least put out something worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Pettiness?? The whole point of my threads is Live announced essentially we're copying the current My Player and people are talking about how exciting that is and how they can't wait to cop it... Since we've had similar before and no product, you think everyone would be waiting until a full gameplay video is supplied and hands on impressions are positive before any excitement surfaces. I would love to play 2 great bball games, but I don't get how this announcement could be perceived as anything more than a yawn, unless you just want to see EA/Live back for reasons bigger than just the game.
First, understand that my post wasn't directed specifically at you. Moreso, it was aimed at guys who come in and say "Will the game actually release this time" or making little petty comments about who stole what from who. In reality, EA introduced the current setup we see in 2k's MyPlayer, which was to be EA's Become Legendary Be a Pro mode. 2k had the draft combine setup, where you still played a showcase game but to my knowledge, you also played in the Summer League before the season (not sure about D-League but IIRC you could get sent down if you didn't do well. I'd actually prefer if Live went in THAT direction; at the same time that would put Live at more risk of being accused of copying from 2k. (Also consider that Live brought stuff over from Elite 11... at least what they could; it would make sense then that their Career mode followed the same outline.)

Second, what makes you think my - or anyone else's experience with a game - relies on what a reviewer or someone else thinks? I don't need someone here to tell me the game is good, because at the end of the day, it's not up to them as to whether I enjoy it and if I'm willing to spend $60 on it. It's up to me, based on how I play the game. If people are excited, that's their right, and besides, it usually comes with a good (enough for them) reason. Personally, I don't like the gameplay in 2k; it's not that it doesn't look realistic or anything, I don't like how much control is taken out of my hands in favor of animations. The most notable is the "separation" animation you get when you initiate contact with a defender; you combine that with a Steph Curry or 'Melo online and it's money shots EVERY SINGLE TIME. Aside from that, I don't like that I have to play with certain "rules" just for the game to play well. Yet, anyone here will tell you 2k13 is the best one yet. We all have opinions, dude.

There are also smaller things, like the MP CPU/teammate AI, the lack of attention to detail in terms of player appearance and accessories, and many other small things makes me want to give Live a LOOK to see if they can execute on what I WANT to define my basketball game experience. If you can't respect the fact that people's opinions will differ from yours, than you really don't have a reason to criticize them.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #104
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I don't care. They need to distribute game-play out to the consumers early so they can give a descriptive analysis on EA's product. When you promise such a thing, you don't promise it towards the end of a certain period. Yeah, they need to make sure the game is ready and all, but the development time on the game will be over by September 21st. They might as well just not show anything until the games' release in November.
Im pretty sure just about everybody does this...
Sim city 2013 supposed to be released Spring 2013... came out like June 11th or something like that. Didn't feel like spring, but it was... technically

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »