Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
LOL at the pettiness in this thread. People can't even be constructive or speculate as to what EA's Career mode could bring to the table.

I get the feeling a lot of people who posted in here aren't even looking forward to what Live brings to the table, but rather waiting for the opportunity to nitpick and/or find reasons to justify why they put their money in 2K's pockets.
Pettiness?? The whole point of my threads is Live announced essentially we're copying the current My Player and people are talking about how exciting that is and how they can't wait to cop it. I'm sitting there like "am I missing something, why all the excitement?". That's it!! No pettiness here. I can't believe Live has regressed so much that people get excited over a CG video and just announcements in writing. Since we've had similar before and no product, you think everyone would be waiting until a full gameplay video is supplied and hands on impressions are positive before any excitement surfaces. I would love to play 2 great bball games, but I don't get how this announcement could be perceived as anything more than a yawn, unless you just want to see EA/Live back for reasons bigger than just the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Pettiness?? The whole point of my threads is Live announced essentially we're copying the current My Player and people are talking about how exciting that is and how they can't wait to cop it. I'm sitting there like "am I missing something, why all the excitement?". That's it!! No pettiness here. I can't believe Live has regressed so much that people get excited over a CG video and just announcements in writing. Since we've had similar before and no product, you think everyone would be waiting until a full gameplay video is supplied and hands on impressions are positive before any excitement surfaces. I would love to play 2 great bball games, but I don't get how this announcement could be perceived as anything more than a yawn, unless you just want to see EA/Live back for reasons bigger than just the game.
Its actually people who don't care about 2k as well as Live. Why do it matter what excites other people? Why even try to destroy other people excitement? Thats like you telling me not to marry my wife because you dont like her.

Last edited by Jay Jay; 08-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #83

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
And on the other hand you got people dogging Live and saying they are copying 2Ks career mode with no real info on it.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #84
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Elevate o
LOL at the pettiness in this thread. People can't even be constructive or speculate as to what EA's Career mode could bring to the table.

I get the feeling a lot of people who posted in here aren't even looking forward to what Live brings to the table, but rather waiting for the opportunity to nitpick and/or find reasons to justify why they put their money
in 2K's pockets.
well said my friend! just look at how they mocked the kyrie double dribble as if it was 5-on-5 game play.its sad to see some of the hatred sometimes. i'm a big nba live fan who has bought the last 4 installments of 2k just to see if i can switch over but i just can't!
Old 08-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #85
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
A nice feature but I need to actually get a gameplay feel from them lets hope its a deeper career mode though, and not just like 2k11's first attempt at it, 2k has some solid ground on it..
2k10 was the first my player and it was very solid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #86
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
No it really wasn't. It was good and a good sign of the future bug it had some major flaws. Like how your teammates played. It was totally different from the way your teammates in normal games played.

Sent using Tap a Talk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #87
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

you do realize that EA has career modes in football soccer and hockey right? so saying their copying 2k is irrelevant
Old 08-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #88
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I agree with that, but my point was that if it came in like 2k10 or 11 2k has made some solid ground with the mode while its not light years ahead it is better than when the mode first came out

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »