Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #65
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Everyone is missing my points. Both have stolen from each other while they were competing, YES!! But EA basketball is DEAD!! My point is you can't come back in doing something exactly the way your competitor is doing it RIGHT NOW!! Regardless of who had the original idea, the point is 2k has My Player and the announcement from EA sounds like a complete rip of what's out there. Why would someone buy the same thing from a company that has failed recently over a company that has thrived?? Of course you'll get EA fans that will buy no matter what, but the masses want to see things on the back of the box that will warrant a purchase of two basketball games. And I say two because practically no one outside of EA fans is passing up 2k for Live. But if Live took another route with their career mode and style, then you could make progress. But it's hard to beat the bully fighting like the bully, even if some of the moves were originally yours. He has all the power now and you have to be smarter and more innovative.
I agree with this. EA are the underdog and should proceed as such. It's similar to boxing as the challenge you have to go out a dominate the champion ( minus the Bradley/Pacquiao fight).

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I mean, is it even confirmed that the game will be out? We're 6 weeks away from release and still not a single clip of gameplay, or really much info at all. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once 2k starts dropping feature videos every other day. I want a good competition as much as anyone, but it would shock me if EA made a game anywhere near 2k's current level. If they had something special, I have to believe they'd be eager to show it off at least a little.
Where do you get 6 weeks from? The PS4 isn't out until November, and the XBOne doesn't have an official release date yet.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Everyone is missing my points. Both have stolen from each other while they were competing, YES!! But EA basketball is DEAD!! My point is you can't come back in doing something exactly the way your competitor is doing it RIGHT NOW!! Regardless of who had the original idea, the point is 2k has My Player and the announcement from EA sounds like a complete rip of what's out there. Why would someone buy the same thing from a company that has failed recently over a company that has thrived?? Of course you'll get EA fans that will buy no matter what, but the masses want to see things on the back of the box that will warrant a purchase of two basketball games. And I say two because practically no one outside of EA fans is passing up 2k for Live. But if Live took another route with their career mode and style, then you could make progress. But it's hard to beat the bully fighting like the bully, even if some of the moves were originally yours. He has all the power now and you have to be smarter and more innovative.
There aren't really a lot of changes you can make to the mode. At the end of the day, you're still controlling a basketball player, and trying to make him better. They didn't go into a ton of detail, so they may still have things that are different and innovative to the mode.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 8
And let's be honest, can anyone really be hyped for Live 14 at this point?? What exactly do we know and what have we seen?? For all of the faults 2k may have, at least we have a recent basketball experience in hand, that has pushed some things forward. I'm not a fan boy either, just the facts. If Live 14 really had things that were going to blow us away, I think they would be out there to reverse the damage that was done with two failed launches of the title. Even with this announcement of the career mode, there wasn't a trailer or anything. A typed press release and a picture and people are excited?? Do I want Live 14 to be awesome, of course I do, I love basketball. Is a CG video and some words on paper worth $60?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! EA has EARNED the right of us being skeptics until completely proven otherwise in my opinion. If they drop an awesome gameplay video today and some features 2k doesn't have, I will be running to reserve it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
There aren't really a lot of changes you can make to the mode. At the end of the day, you're still controlling a basketball player, and trying to make him better. They didn't go into a ton of detail, so they may still have things that are different and innovative to the mode.
Skopin that is true, they may. But my point is the press release doesn't address or introduce anything new that 2k isn't doing, so why get excited?? Right now they're basically saying, we haven't gotten basketball right in years, but this fall we'll be attempting to duplicate what the champ has already perfected. I just don't get the cause for excitement. Fooled me once with Elite and even second time with Live 13, not anymore.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #70
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
I strongly disagree. Go look at any thread on a wish list for MyCareer and you'll see a lot of innovative ideas EA could add. Starting with natural progression and getting rid of the point progression system.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #71
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
They have European teams, but the games still look and play the same as NBA teams in 2k13. There was no new presentation elements at all. They even used the same commentary.
Not sure how you can say how they play when you're watching gameplay vids without knowing what setting they're on or the difficulty.

But even allowing that, the first thing I noticed was the Euro team pushed a fast break from the sides of the court instead of running up the middle like we do.

But about presentation, what more did you expect? Authentic Euro league broadcast? I don't know if they said they were even doing that. Pretty much always been advertised as Euro teams in NBA 2K. Not some Euro 2K14 spin off inside the game. And what kind of different commentary are you expecting? A whole new broadcast team behind the mic?

But enough of this. We're talking about Live in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #72
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I agree with this. EA are the underdog and should proceed as such. It's similar to boxing as the challenge you have to go out a dominate the champion ( minus the Bradley/Pacquiao fight).
So if the opponents best move is an uppercut, what's wrong with using an uppercut of your own? Nobody would call it copying, that's just using an effective punch to hit the opponent. Okay, it might be that same punch, but of course yours will have it's own flare to it, and who knows you might even get a few good shots with it.

That's all a part of the business. There could be some hidden details about NBA Live's career mode that we don't know about yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »