Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #57
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I mean, is it even confirmed that the game will be out? We're 6 weeks away from release and still not a single clip of gameplay, or really much info at all. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once 2k starts dropping feature videos every other day. I want a good competition as much as anyone, but it would shock me if EA made a game anywhere near 2k's current level. If they had something special, I have to believe they'd be eager to show it off at least a little.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #58
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
I honestly have never played career mode, have no interest in it, is it really something to hype up? Maybe to some but to casual gamers its really not that important a feature.
If I'm not mistaken BAP modes are the most played mode in sports games.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 39
I refuse to support a game on some fanboyism type stuff even if it's garbage. I want a complete gaming experience and a strong attempt at trying to compete.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 8
Everyone is missing my points. Both have stolen from each other while they were competing, YES!! But EA basketball is DEAD!! My point is you can't come back in doing something exactly the way your competitor is doing it RIGHT NOW!! Regardless of who had the original idea, the point is 2k has My Player and the announcement from EA sounds like a complete rip of what's out there. Why would someone buy the same thing from a company that has failed recently over a company that has thrived?? Of course you'll get EA fans that will buy no matter what, but the masses want to see things on the back of the box that will warrant a purchase of two basketball games. And I say two because practically no one outside of EA fans is passing up 2k for Live. But if Live took another route with their career mode and style, then you could make progress. But it's hard to beat the bully fighting like the bully, even if some of the moves were originally yours. He has all the power now and you have to be smarter and more innovative.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #61
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
I think 2k has more EA than you think. Looking at the new 2k videos even more so fundamentally this year than just game modes and right stick. What I saw different was quicker transitions while moving, passing and shooting. However the animations look off and are a little twitchier in between. This is a good thing though because while it may not look better it controls better; something I think seperates Live and all EA sports games.

I'm excited for next gen because one of them will be able to combine the two. From what I've seen from live 14 I think they are on that path.
When did you see some Live 14 gameplay???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #62
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
To be completely honest, I'm a bit more interested in hearing from Live this year because, one they have been gone for a while and I'd like to hear how they are (hopefully) moving in the right direction, and two because they are discussing a next-gen game, while I expect 2K to only talk about current-gen until it is released.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
If that's your justification, you were probably going for Live no matter what 2K does.Really? Euro ball not authentic enough? So you're going to Live which may not even have Euro ball?

Plus, what have see seen except for one next gen vid from two months ago?
They have European teams, but the games still look and play the same as NBA teams in 2k13. There was no new presentation elements at all. They even used the same commentary.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #64
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
I mean, is it even confirmed that the game will be out? We're 6 weeks away from release and still not a single clip of gameplay, or really much info at all. It will be interesting to see how this plays out once 2k starts dropping feature videos every other day. I want a good competition as much as anyone, but it would shock me if EA made a game anywhere near 2k's current level. If they had something special, I have to believe they'd be eager to show it off at least a little.
Live isn't releasing in 6 weeks.... it's a release day launch with next-gen consoles (November 15th for PS4, which I will be getting), they aren't making a current-gen game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »