Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #49
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What else is it supposed to sound like? What is wrong with implementing a good idea as it is? Even if it sounds exactly the same, who cares? The mode is fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
I never said there was anything wrong with Live implementing the 2k premise, but it would be cool to hear a couple details that differentiate Live's mode from 2k's.

And MyCareer is OK...lol
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Another career mode, thats how your getting the masses pumped up for your game EA? I won't be convinced of anything till this game comes out, a 2 year project with nothing to show.....yet! 2K Sports has had the market for 3 years and they don't look like slowing down, I've seen claims that 2k is getting lazy, i think its more likely they have kept a few things for EA's return to the NBA arena. I personally think EA is going to bring out a good NBA game come October, but not a great one, and after the canceling of Elite 11, and the massive public relations debacles, I guarantee sports gamers will be judging NBA Live 14 a lot closely than NBA 2K14. Take it to the rack EA Sports, your fans are waiting and airballs won't cut it this year. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #51
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I was hoping EA would do something innovative. Seeing a point based progression system essentially says it's EA's version of MyCareer. They really had a chance to do something special, but it looks like more of the same from a BAP mode stance.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I was hoping EA would do something innovative. Seeing a point based progression system essentially says it's EA's version of MyCareer. They really had a chance to do something special, but it looks like more of the same from a BAP mode stance.
I honestly have never played career mode, have no interest in it, is it really something to hype up? Maybe to some but to casual gamers its really not that important a feature.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #53
Rookie

Anyone else out there think EA should have brought out a revamped Adidas Live Run from Live 10? I know 2K have brought crew mode back again this year, and without opening up the "they took this idea" or "they had this first" that game mode was awesome!
Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #54

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
Anyone else out there think EA should have brought out a revamped Adidas Live Run from Live 10? I know 2K have brought crew mode back again this year, and without opening up the "they took this idea" or "they had this first" that game mode was awesome!
Still possible that it might be returning. We still havent heard all the news yet.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Still possible that it might be returning. We still havent heard all the news yet.
Rumors suggest it will be called Ultimate Team like in other EA titles from past year, i suppose its similar to Live Run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #56
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

i like this news, and I have a feeling NBA Live will be a pleasent surprise for us this year, and I havent played Live since Live 07 i believe, but 2k didnt really take advantage of Lives absence imo, 2k kinda fell off compared to when they had competion so hopefully Live has paid attention to the things that have worked and the things that have failed for 2k over the last couple of years and made a great product for the next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »