Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #937
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I just saw for the first time that one of my players couldn't play because he had a "family issue." That was pretty cool; it made me wonder what he's going through. I think I'll give him another day or two since family always comes first .
Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #938
Rookie

SupremeYankee's Arena

OVR: 7
Sure wish the rtts set up for advancement goals was refined a bit, I didn't get called up because my fielding pct was 947 instead of 950. I was told I'm not ready to move up yet I'm hitting over 400 with 35 hrs and over 110 RBIs. I know hitting is not everything but I've passed all training sets, surpassed all advancement goals all year but this one and I'm still in AA. some slight tweaks to this would be awesome for 15

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #939
#ITFDB

sbmnky's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
As for pitching, you can shrink the meter so it isn't as visible. I like the clean screen look, too, but at this point will sacrifice a few visual aspects for a refreshing and fun gameplay experience.
Do you guys hate Pulse Pitching? The reason I ask is that I turn everything off, except the scorebug, and that gives me a clean screen (except for the pulsating target.) I have to hit select every once in a while to remember the pitches my pitchers throw since it's not on the screen, but I think that keeps me more engaged as a pitcher.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #940
Rookie

OVR: 5

As a couple of others have mentioned, one small gripe I have is there are too many balls fielded cleanly by the pitcher. Further, too many balls actually hit the pitcher, and worse, ~85% of the balls I've hit off the pitcher end up fielded in time to throw my runner out at 1st. It's like the fielders are clairvoyant and react without a fraction of a delay and are on the ball in an instant.

I hit a line drive off a pitchers forehead once and he left the game. It's the only time I've seen a pitcher leave after getting hit, and I thought it was pretty cool.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #941
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmnky
Do you guys hate Pulse Pitching? The reason I ask is that I turn everything off, except the scorebug, and that gives me a clean screen (except for the pulsating target.) I have to hit select every once in a while to remember the pitches my pitchers throw since it's not on the screen, but I think that keeps me more engaged as a pitcher.
I didn't like it in 12, only because the target gave me a headache. From what I understand the interface is better in 13, but I haven't tried it yet.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #942
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWilly
As a couple of others have mentioned, one small gripe I have is there are too many balls fielded cleanly by the pitcher. Further, too many balls actually hit the pitcher, and worse, ~85% of the balls I've hit off the pitcher end up fielded in time to throw my runner out at 1st. It's like the fielders are clairvoyant and react without a fraction of a delay and are on the ball in an instant.

I hit a line drive off a pitchers forehead once and he left the game. It's the only time I've seen a pitcher leave after getting hit, and I thought it was pretty cool.
I get that hitting the pitcher routine practically every game at least one time. 99.9% of the time they get my runner going to first.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #943
MVP

OVR: 3

Coming back to this game after trying out this year's football offerings from EA... Soooooo refreshing. MLB feels like a real sports game, completely engrossing. Haven't even given a thought about buying a PS4, but will certainly keep my eye on this series as it transitions over, and who knows I may think again.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #944
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Coming back to this game after trying out this year's football offerings from EA... Soooooo refreshing. MLB feels like a real sports game, completely engrossing. Haven't even given a thought about buying a PS4, but will certainly keep my eye on this series as it transitions over, and who knows I may think again.
That is why I do not buy EA games anymore. The Show does it right plus we can at least do some modding with sounds and faces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »