Home

NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #57
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

As someone who started with Ea and the Lakers vs. Celtics on to NBA Live...and then moved to 2k when EA got slack...I'm having an open mind and am willing to give this a chance. I'm hoping the game is good. Having two good games are beneficial for the gamer.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #58
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
It's a good start, I think I will be happy because driving is a big part of the game, and I like to see how the defense reacts to this.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 2

Don't think they have specifically said it other than having lead 10 guy back, comparison videos and since that was the last released game I doubt they would build off failed products.

Yes it's back to year one. New console. Same for every sports game that will come out for next gen.

Pause it at 20sec. You can see a space between hand and forearm. Next sec shot the camera view is head on so hard to tell but looks like he palms ball. What I like more is the use of the off hand constantly covering the ball.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #60
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Live 10 is the only game they can compare it to, it's the last one they were actually able to put out! LMAO. Got Damn shame. EA doesn't deserve any props at this point. These dudes couldn't even get a game on store shelves or in a digital space in years. I hope they make an amazing game(and actually put it out, lol), it will only benefit us.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well the reason they are "focusing" on bounceTek is if you read the original article From EA dribbling makes half of the game of Basketball. So focusing on bounceTek is focusing on half the game. Other interviews from the NBA Live team show how they are trying to work on shooting, defending, rebounding,and blocking. Which are little percentages, compared to the 50% of bounceTek's. Which I am not implying is more important or less, but that they are simply showing the greater area of the game. Simply moving to the other larger pastures of the game. My guess defense is next in there blog line up of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #62
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I implore everyone to actually read the blog especially focusing on the second part about the physics and then re-watch the video to analyze what they are talking about. You can see the possible trajectory of the ball if untouched but also the point at which the ball can be controlled and the player animation begins. Definitely cool stuff and when considering the fact that a player may have to actually think about what they are doing while dribbling could prove to be a real game changer while eliminating a lot of 1 on 1 animation cheese.

Now If they can add the possibility for the players contact cage to happen at a lower or sooner point depending on player movement input, it would allow for different animations to occur more rapidly therefore allowing quick agile players to change direction and make there moves much more quickly.

I don't know how well this will all be implemented but after years of being disappointed with all basketball games out there count me temporarily excited.
The blog was more informative than the video. This is something a user has to be in control of to get the full feel of or they needed examples of the bounce tek when you had a defender sticking you or if you chose the wrong dribble move for the situation.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #63

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
No one's complaining about that.

The question is why does EA want props for comparing a next gen game to a game that came out in 2009? And their own game at that. That may have been one of the stupidest "blogs" I've seen in a very long time.

Complete absence of logic.
What else are they suppose to compare it to ? they are showing the improvement in dribbling from their previous game.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #64
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Man, people can find anything and everything to bitch about huh?

It was a feature focused blog and they were comparing that feature to the last functioning game they put out? Wouldn't they be more absent of logic if they compared it to a game that was completely broken?

Some of yall don't make sense man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »