Home

NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 - The Science of BounceTek

I'd love to hear more of what they've been working on besides "BounceTek"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #42
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Can we finally see a gameplay video please. I've heard enough about bounce tek, i want to see some 5-on-5
Old 07-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #43
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Can we finally see a gameplay video please. I've heard enough about bounce tek, i want to see some 5-on-5
I don't think they are going to show 5 on 5 anytime soon for the fact that, we haven't seen much from Madden 25 yet. I don't recall getting much info on basketball before the football season starts.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm optimistic. ..but come on how are you gonna compare nba live 10 (current gen) to nba live 14 (next gen)? Apples and oranges people...apples and oranges.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #45
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Why are we complaining about something that will make the look and feel good???? I think it's a great addition. Hope there's more to come
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #46

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty3
I'm optimistic. ..but come on how are you gonna compare nba live 10 (current gen) to nba live 14 (next gen)? Apples and oranges people...apples and oranges.
Because they are showing what the power of next gen is capable of.

And to everyone talking bout 5 on 5 vids, its July and EA Sports still has another football title to release. Its silly to expect heavy marketing from a game that's still 4 months out and has another game being released soon from the same company.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 07-19-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 0
You guys saying it looks like 2k13 are ridiculous cool-aid drinkers. In that game it is routinely possible to take a player such as Lebron/Carmelo/Durant, drive straight downt the paint towards the basket continuously dribbling while body to body with a defender and other defenders around and the ball never coming loose. To make it worse many times the player will unnaturally slide right by the defenders or in worst case the ball will warp right through the opposition lol. Think you can steal the ball when that is happening? think again because more times then not the it will be called a foul or the defenders hand will warp right through the ball or offensive player. Looks like 2k, pffff.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0
I implore everyone to actually read the blog especially focusing on the second part about the physics and then re-watch the video to analyze what they are talking about. You can see the possible trajectory of the ball if untouched but also the point at which the ball can be controlled and the player animation begins. Definitely cool stuff and when considering the fact that a player may have to actually think about what they are doing while dribbling could prove to be a real game changer while eliminating a lot of 1 on 1 animation cheese.

Now If they can add the possibility for the players contact cage to happen at a lower or sooner point depending on player movement input, it would allow for different animations to occur more rapidly therefore allowing quick agile players to change direction and make there moves much more quickly.

I don't know how well this will all be implemented but after years of being disappointed with all basketball games out there count me temporarily excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »