Home

NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
i'm not sure what everbody is looking at but i just watched this video in 720p and when they got to live 14, screen on there tv had glare where you couldn't really tell how good the graphics were, you could tell the movement look smooth but as far as graphics not sure how ppl is judging off that clip.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #26
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
That did look very good, but, this is the second time they've talked about dribble moves, which concerns me. Nothing about how the game plays as a a whole, just about individual stuff.

Even if you are a casual player and will want to play a real basketball game that plays like basketball like you see on TV, not like NBA jam, which you play more like a party game, not like a single player sim game.

If EA wants to cater to casual slam dunk players they should tell us that live 14 is going to to be like that in now, ahead of time, instead of later when the first reviews come out.

from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
But...their presentation was about...dribbling...and the demo they had available, was showcasing the dribbling engine. What...did you expect them to...talk about?

Old 06-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
They haven't actually shown us anything.
Game might look, graphically, good but we know nothing at all about the game.
Just like 2k14. Except if people are already attached to a brand and assume that liking 2k13 allows any prediction whether 2k14 is worth another 60 bucks.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #28
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
It's a guy dribbling the ball by himself... i expect it to look somewhat decent. Wasn't much to look at and also wasn't that impressive. It is what it is. They have Kyrie dribbling by himself... are we really supposed to get that much out of that?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #29
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Just like 2k14. Except if people are already attached to a brand and assume that liking 2k13 allows any prediction whether 2k14 is worth another 60 bucks.
HUGE difference... one game has continued to get better and better each year while the other has tried a name change, cancelled that, tried going back to the old name, cancelled that and hasn't given us anything worth getting excited for in a while.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
HUGE difference... one game has continued to get better and better each year while the other has tried a name change, cancelled that, tried going back to the old name, cancelled that and hasn't given us anything worth getting excited for in a while.
But is marketing relevant to how the final product turns out? Of course, 2k at least releases a game if they announce it. So we can be confident that 2k14 will be in stores at the date they give us.

Besides from that, why does marketing matter at all? Maybe being hyped up for months is actually a part of the experience fans pay for, otherwise preordering is simply a dumb move rationally...Should I act like EA is obligated to "win me back"?
They should put all their work into delivering a great game this year. If there's not trailer at all, no previews, no screenshots...so what? Since I'll play both games before spending money anyway, I couldn't care less about marketing. I don't pay for being excited until release day, but for the full game then. If 2k didn't release the Lebron trailer, the game would be exactly the same. The whole marketing hype thing doesn't mean sh*t.

But you're right that EA's past fiascos don't warrant much confidence in their abilities. That's reasonable. Acting like since Elite sucked, EA has to try even harder to get me excited before release day, is not.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
But is marketing relevant to how the final product turns out? Of course, 2k at least releases a game if they announce it. So we can be confident that 2k14 will be in stores at the date they give us.

Besides from that, why does marketing matter at all? Maybe being hyped up for months is actually a part of the experience fans pay for, otherwise preordering is simply a dumb move rationally...Should I act like EA is obligated to "win me back"?
They should put all their work into delivering a great game this year. If there's not trailer at all, no previews, no screenshots...so what? Since I'll play both games before spending money anyway, I couldn't care less about marketing. I don't pay for being excited until release day, but for the full game then. If 2k didn't release the Lebron trailer, the game would be exactly the same. The whole marketing hype thing doesn't mean sh*t.

But you're right that EA's past fiascos don't warrant much confidence in their abilities. That's reasonable. Acting like since Elite sucked, EA has to try even harder to get me excited before release day, is not.
The 3rd to last sentence is the only one that was relevant to the point i was making. Comparing anything EA releases to the 2k Lebron teaser and talking about the unknown factor makes 0 sense.

EA has not given us anything since NBA Live 10. They hyped up a new name and innovation which was supposed to be Elite. After people got a glimpse of it and reacted negatively, they cancelled the game. After taking a year off they talked about bringing back the NBA Live name... then cancelled that game. So we're going on 4 years without playing a new EA basketball game. We have no clue what to expect out of them.

Meanwhile the 2k team has given us a better game each year. The game was already widely praised a few years ago and has improved on that with each new game. We have recent experience with the type of quality and effort 2k has given us so there's at least an idea of what to expect.

And yes, EA does have to try even harder to get us excited before release day if they expect people to buy their game. How can you say they don't? They haven't put out a game in 4 years.

What does marketing matter at all? Really? Marketing is important in just about every business especially a business where you are trying to get people to buy your product. EA is known because of Madden & Fifa, but they don't have a strong reputation anymore when it comes to basketball. 2k is the current Champ and unless they want to get steamrolled by the Lebron campaign coming their way, they will need to market their game.

Marketing also gives you an indication for how confident a company is in a product. Last year we were getting nothing from EA in terms of marketing and they ended up cancelling the game. When a company is proud of their product and confident in it, they will market it until the money allocated to that department is dry. When a company holds back & is quiet or doesn't show you much, that isn't good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
What does marketing matter at all? Really? Marketing is important in just about every business especially a business where you are trying to get people to buy your product. EA is known because of Madden & Fifa, but they don't have a strong reputation anymore when it comes to basketball. 2k is the current Champ and unless they want to get steamrolled by the Lebron campaign coming their way, they will need to market their game.
Sorry, English is not my 1st language, so...I know "what" marketing matters, but I asked "why" it should matter at all to people. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Was really more of a rhetorical question since I'm somewhat puzzled how easy it is to get people hyped up for a product looking at the 2k14 trailer thread. BounceTek is a buzzword...but so was IsoMotion. So was "Dynamic Shot Generator". So are "Signature Skills". Sounds flashier than "Situational rating modifiers", but is just as much of a gimmick as EAs new favourite word.
And you're right about the Lebron campaign. Basically, I'd suppose most kids will buy 2k14 no matter how Live turns out. It could be the best game of all time, won't matter.
But I absolutely agree that until now, EA hasn't given much reason to be optimistic. On the other hand, personally, I'd say 2k has to start from scratch, too. 2k13 didn't impress me at all and the next gen version should be much different not only in terms of graphics, but also gameplay mechanics. So both companies are off to a fresh start.

The thing with all the talk about sig dribbling...while I like the idea, a big problem is defensive counters. If players are really having differing dribble styles, how is EA going to handle collisions and defenders reacting to all the different moves realistically? Looking at the basketball games we've had until now, that's difficult enough to achieve with generic move sets. Are they going the canned animations route like 2k?
Could turn out great, but maybe it's too ambitious for a reboot...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »