Home

NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Video - Quick Glimpse of BounceTek Demo

The difference between the elite dribbling and the new bounce tek is that the new bounce tek dribbling was built on a new engine that wasn't possible for the last gen consoles. The new engine allows more fluid dribbling. They say the ball should be live now sense you wont be stuck in a animation dribble. They also pointed out that alot of players are getting there signature dribbles, which mean they will have there real life dribbling mechanics. So each player will dribble different. They say L1 and the right stick in 6 different directions will do six different signatures. If you just use the right stick without holding L1 it will do the basic dribbles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #42
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Just like 2k14. Except if people are already attached to a brand and assume that liking 2k13 allows any prediction whether 2k14 is worth another 60 bucks.
That is a terrible example to use. 2k basketball is well established and doesn't have much to prove, live on the other hand is attempting to come back from the dead and needs to everything possible to get gamers interested in their new product.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #43
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1

Hope this game is great, would love to have 2 awesome basketball games to choose from .
Old 06-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #44
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I already had this discussion with 23, but EA is actually making sound decisions at this point, by actually showcasing something that they know they do well, to generate a positive buzz. If you hadn't noticed, it worked out pretty well for them and garnered positive feedback from virtually everyone that got their hands on it at E3.

Does that mean it is going to be an amazing game? No. Does it mean that this dribbling tech will be great in a 5 on 5 setting? Maybe, maybe not, but the fact remains is that this is the first positive anything that Live has had in over 3 years. From a marketing stand point, they are executing a successful plan as of now.

And every company uses buzzwords. It's called selling your game.
I understand that but when you have had three failed tries to a new basketball game out and you show, basically, the same thing you did three years ago with Elite then it's not enough.
You can throw around buzzwords when you have a solid foundation that people know.

Right now there's no difference between this year's game and Elite and Live 13 and I'm nog excited about the game.

My main point is: we've only had empty promises for a couple of years. Show me something that blows me away and gets me excited to play Live again. Trumph the other company before they trumph you with their marketing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
Hope this game is great, would love to have 2 awesome basketball games to choose from .
I assure you it won't be, just look at the player models -__-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #46
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I assure you it won't be, just look at the player models -__-
can't judge the gameplay based off graphics, from the video clip and all the news we're hearing, I'm sure it's going to be better than the last two canceled products.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looking forward to some gameplay.

Last edited by strobox88; 06-24-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #48
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Being a long time Live fan, I tread softly having any hype for this. I actually thought Live 10 was the best the series has gone since the Ps2 days. Now the control scheme seems to be so much different to long time fans. I won't be hyped until I see a demo with full 5 on 5, we all watch, then we will judge. I can't see this making launch day for the next gen consoles. E.A. can ill-afford to mess this game up, again. Too much is on the line .If they botch this ,nobody will buy a basketball game form them again. They need to do this right...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »