Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #905

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Random angry moments on The Show...When you get multiple double play chances during the game, but never actually turn a double play because your 2b freezes up(figuratively) and doesn't throw the ball cause of the defender sliding near him(but the CPU fielders can run double plays perfectly)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #906
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Lol, my angry moments are now coming from trying to throw an 0-2, 1-2 pitch out of the zone only to see it creep back into the zone and end up being a hit.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #907

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

lol, an even angrier moment....I spend an entire inning trying to get a run, and when I get it, within 4-5 pitches in the following inning(even pitches out of the strikezone get hit), the other team matches the amount of runs I got in the previous one.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #908
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is there anything better than putting up a crooked number without a base hit?

I just scored two runs in the third as the Pirates at home against Chicago. A walk, a two base error by Samardzija who airmailed a throw to second on a weakly hit ground ball to the first base side of the rubber, and two sacrifice flies.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #909
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to add an angry moment or two...

The baserunner slowdown is awful. Yes I know you have to preload, but twice yesterday I had slowdowns with runners rounding second on a first to third on a base hit when I couldn't preload because both instances I had to read where the ball was. I had one slowdown with a runner rounding third scoring from second and was thrown out at home, and I even preloaded.

The CPU bullpen management AI is as mismanaged as Madden/NCAA's clock killing AI. It's a crapshoot as far as how the CPU will make pitching changes. It seems a move is not done to create a certain matchup (lefty/lefty). Moves are made just because. The CPU will not bring the closer in the game in the top of the 9th in tied game, IRL that happens 9 out 10 times at least. It's 2013, I think this can be done better by now.

Why does the first baseman have stand for seconds before throwing around the horn? The proper animation is used sometimes, why not all the time?

Why must a manager have sweat stains on the cap or players when it's 50 degrees?

Why must the throwing motions by the outfielder and infielders be so unrealistically awkward? Only just a couple of animations look right.

I love this game, but it seems this year for the first time, little things are really bugging me. Nitpicky things that should be easily fixed or adjusted that just hang around year after year. Like I said before, it's 2013, it should be done better by now.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #910
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_riot
Is there anything better than putting up a crooked number without a base hit?

I just scored two runs in the third as the Pirates at home against Chicago. A walk, a two base error by Samardzija who airmailed a throw to second on a weakly hit ground ball to the first base side of the rubber, and two sacrifice flies.
CPU scored 3 runs against me today on one base hit (single). Two errors, including a dropped fly ball by my CF, led to the runs being scored.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 06-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #911
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone else have intermittent sound delay problems? The crack of the bat happens after the ball already leaves the infield. If I take a pitch the smack of the ball hitting the catchers glove happens 3 seconds later. It's just annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #912
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furcal15
Anyone else have intermittent sound delay problems? The crack of the bat happens after the ball already leaves the infield. If I take a pitch the smack of the ball hitting the catchers glove happens 3 seconds later. It's just annoying.
You might want to try rebuilding database:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-database.html

Small stuttering with audio in the menu screen has been a problem with this year's game, but I don't experience it within the game nearly as often as you do. You might benefit from some hard drive maintenance...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »