Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #137
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
23, I think we are on the same page here, just different ways of looking at it. I don't think they are going to try and sell the game on dribbling alone either BUT, to start a positive buzz, especially with a history of recent failures, you have to stick with what you know and what works at least to start.

And can't stress enough, how much I NEED to see this game in a 5 on 5 setting.
I happen to agree with you.. a great deal at that.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I agree and I think we're all ready to move on and have been.

Its just that Nex gen systems arent out yet so there is no now. People are still playing Live 10 as we are currently talking. Until something new comes out, thats all you really can go off of. People don't just trust 2k just because they say something is new...they do because 2k has a pretty good track record in the past of delivering.

I'd like to know the possibilities though as I said, its a shame that we went from 6 basketball games down to 1. That should've never happened.
yea being down to one game, really hurt me..i was one of the guys who use to buy both...especially when the one brand was only $19.99 loved it and miss it...not price so much but having two games.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #139
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Man I have NBA 09 I have the elite demo, live 10 demo and a bunch of old games as far as old gen live and 2ks..never giving those up.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 8
lol i sold most mines but still have live 10 and the past two 2k games
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sounds good. Especially since its from an unbiased source. I'm not a fan of live making dribbling first their #1 priority but everyone's philosophies are different. I would start with off ball movement and defense first but thats just me. I think most if not all their basketball games have been fine and consistent in the dribbling aspects, even better than 2ks to this date. Which gives me a belief that the dribbling will be great but the other aspects of basketball are what really drove me crazy about the game. I'd almost rather everyone shot the sameway and dribbled the sameway as long as they could perform the simple things I commanded. But I won't damn them yet gotta see the game and play in action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://www.gamezone.com/previews/201...d-stick-skills

The ball, hands, and feet have its own physics...sounds good so far to me.

Last edited by Jay Jay; 06-13-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #143
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm sure for NBA Live 17 we'll be hearing from EA about their new dribble system.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #144
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
there is a huge difference, why don't read about it before you speak, if you read about you will see that one difference is that your not stock in animantions like the others, so you can put togather moves freely..two the ball is not just warping to the player's hands..its free...unlike the other games you don't have full control and stuck watching your moves being played out before you can do the next move which leads to everybody who plays the game alot knowing the move very well to the point they can time it steal the ball from you..Which EA is "claiming" this tak will give the ball and the player more freedom and each player will have their styles of how they dribble...the other games do not have that..so please stop saying that..It's gameing sites who have had this game in their hands at E3 already and already put their thoughts out as far as this feature goes and they all said so far that it does works good so far and it's not been seen in other games period!
ok. so the only differences is you don't get stuck in animations. but IMO the mechanics sound the same as 2k.
as far as not being stuck in animations how is that possible without physics and natural limits being involved.
one can not start a certain move then stop it mid way then do another. certain things have to play through. its physically impossible to bounce a ball between ones leg and stop it once the ball leaves your hand, just to do a cross over. now if your stringing moves together, then again what is different. and again the ball being independent. really wasn't that in 2k12 and 2k13. they toned it down in 2k13.
and as far as hands being independent, will I have user control of both hands. will I be able to push a defender back with one hand, while I dribble with my other hand, and again if its user controlled it has to be animation based to some extent
as far as defenders adjusting with Synergy, etc, again a nice feature. that is what seems different, but again will this be that much different than a daily stat update feature. and didn't 2k implement something similar a few years ago.

I just see similarities, and those similarities would have to exist cause they exist in basketball.

anyway not knocking Live but man give me something meaningful in features, something that will differentiate your product. again SYNERGY seems to be that feature. but its sill a wait and see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »