Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #129
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This game is in a different type situation. Battlefield is a proven game... It hasn't been cancelled multiple times and all it needs to do is build upon what it has.

This one is just much more different, so they have alot to prove and show...so far its only something each time that people actually didnt really think needed to be touched, so thats why folks are asking for more, which is a good thing considering the circumstances, people want to see more.
I probably could have chose a couple better examples more relative but again, not just looking at the quality of the game, but from a marketing POV, no matter the company or game, you sell to the consumer what you know you can do the best. What was the last thing that Live did well? Dribbling. Would you disagree that Live 10 had better dribbling controls than 2k, Mike Wang or not? I wouldn't.

And they seem to have done something right, because everyone is buzzing about the realism of the dribbling animations and controls and the fluidity of the engine which is creating actual positive feed back which is something we haven't seen in a while. Even when Elite was touting it's "Freestyle Controls" and branching dribbling tech, everyone was honest, critical and said it looked like ****, and it did indeed.

Now to reiterate, I'm just as skeptical as everyone else, and you have seen me in here be just as critical about EA as you or the next guy, but people getting up in arms about announcing a dribbling technology just because it wasn't an issue in the past is a bit ridiculous. Again, they still have to try and sell a game at the end of the day, and they are starting with what they know they do well. Plain and simple. Any smart company with half a marketing staff could figure that out and like I said, so far it seems to be working.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #130
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

They arent selling the game on dribbling, thats what im trying to tell you. Mike actually improved the dribbling a bit in Live 10 and it was worlds better than isomotion in 2k10..Worlds, lol

That said, thats not the only thing the game did well and wasn't the main reason people played Live 10. What im trying to tell you is, with Elite they went nuts on dirbbling and control. You should search some of those threads to see exactly what im saying to you.

The dribbling is not a problem though, its just not what people are asking to see.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #131
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
what are you talking about -Bounce tech.
"There are quite a few layers to the dribbling system, below are just some of the examples:

Flick up - In and out
Flick down - Behind the back
Flick right - Hesitation
Flick left - Crossover
135 degrees (lower left) - Between the legs"

whats the difference between this and 2ks dribbling system. IMO, its only the name. unless there is some more depth to it that they aren't mentioning.

as far as Synergy I said that's a nice feature. so I dont get your comment
there is a huge difference, why don't read about it before you speak, if you read about you will see that one difference is that your not stock in animantions like the others, so you can put togather moves freely..two the ball is not just warping to the player's hands..its free...unlike the other games you don't have full control and stuck watching your moves being played out before you can do the next move which leads to everybody who plays the game alot knowing the move very well to the point they can time it steal the ball from you..Which EA is "claiming" this tak will give the ball and the player more freedom and each player will have their styles of how they dribble...the other games do not have that..so please stop saying that..It's gameing sites who have had this game in their hands at E3 already and already put their thoughts out as far as this feature goes and they all said so far that it does works good so far and it's not been seen in other games period!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #132
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
good, competition to start out next-gen is exactly what we need. only if this could happen with football games...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #133
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

They arent selling the game on dribbling, thats what im trying to tell you. Mike actually improved the dribbling a bit in Live 10 and it was worlds better than isomotion in 2k10..Worlds, lol

That said, thats not the only thing the game did well and wasn't the main reason people played Live 10. What im trying to tell you is, with Elite they went nuts on dirbbling and control. You should search some of those threads to see exactly what im saying to you.

The dribbling is not a problem though, its just not what people are asking to see.
i agree with both of you but at the same time companies is going to choose what ever feature they feeling like showing first rather we like it or not...as far as the dribble thing it was good in the past and they basically trying to make even better and new..i don't understand ppl one day they say i'm tired of buying the same old stuff and when a certain game give them new or improve they still not happy...lets face it we all are humans it doesn't matter what we get its always something that we not going to like just a fact...i played the other brand the past years and i liked it but it's somethings i couldn't stand at all..At end of the day EA is going to do what they think is best for the ppl who do like their game and maybe the ppl who don't play bestketball games yet..but to keep bring up the past is getting old..if we doing that with games i can't imagine hows its like with relationships with ppl my goodness...leave the past in the past..lets move on and focus on now plz!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #134
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
good, competition to start out next-gen is exactly what we need. only if this could happen with football games...
i agree madden need someone to push them harder!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #135
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
i agree with both of you but at the same time companies is going to choose what ever feature they feeling like showing first rather we like it or not...as far as the dribble thing it was good in the past and they basically trying to make even better and new..i don't understand ppl one day they say i'm tired of buying the same old stuff and when a certain game give them new or improve they still not happy...lets face it we all are humans it doesn't matter what we get its always something that we not going to like just a fact...i played the other brand the past years and i liked it but it's somethings i couldn't stand at all..At end of the day EA is going to do what they think is best for the ppl who do like their game and maybe the ppl who don't play bestketball games yet..but to keep bring up the past is getting old..if we doing that with games i can't imagine hows its like with relationships with ppl my goodness...leave the past in the past..lets move on and focus on now plz!
I agree and I think we're all ready to move on and have been.

Its just that Nex gen systems arent out yet so there is no now. People are still playing Live 10 as we are currently talking. Until something new comes out, thats all you really can go off of. People don't just trust 2k just because they say something is new...they do because 2k has a pretty good track record in the past of delivering.

I'd like to know the possibilities though as I said, its a shame that we went from 6 basketball games down to 1. That should've never happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #136
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I agree and I think we're all ready to move on and have been.

Its just that Nex gen systems arent out yet so there is no now. People are still playing Live 10 as we are currently talking. Until something new comes out, thats all you really can go off of. People don't just trust 2k just because they say something is new...they do because 2k has a pretty good track record in the past of delivering.

I'd like to know the possibilities though as I said, its a shame that we went from 6 basketball games down to 1. That should've never happened.
23, I think we are on the same page here, just different ways of looking at it. I don't think they are going to try and sell the game on dribbling alone either BUT, to start a positive buzz, especially with a history of recent failures, you have to stick with what you know and what works at least to start.

And can't stress enough, how much I NEED to see this game in a 5 on 5 setting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »