Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Elite was garbage all around and EA still has not recovered in the basketball department. They're still hyping up signature dribbles (who the hell has a signature dribble) and the same things they've been talking about for years. I'll go with the game who has proven they can put out a quality basketball game year after year.
well I mean every player dribbles differently so for people to say what is a signature dribble, I assume you don't watch basketball.. Does Jrue holiday dribble like kyrie irving? No they both have their own style that is effective for them. It sounds like it has some promise, seeing that NBA 2k really doesn't have signature dribbles aside from different behind the backs movements and spin moves. We will see when 5 on 5 gameplay comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 0
My thing is people are mad that they brought up dribbling, like dribbling is the only thing that has changed and the only thing EA is going to announce. Relax guys this game isn't coming out until November when the XBOX one comes out. They will release information.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #123
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

After re-reading the Live 10 article that was posted a few pages back, this Live 14 article does sound somewhat similair.

The one thing (besides the return of Live 365 that is implied) that stood out to me was that these "signature dribbles" would drain more energy than normal dribble moves. This sounds gimmicky and deffinately sounds more like go to moves than anything else, unfortunately. Reminds me vaguely of those button presses/combinations Live 06 or so had for certain types of players i.e. playmakers, shooters etc.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #124
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

So now EA can't market or sell their features either because they screwed up in the past? Jesus christ, it's always something. Give it a rest guys.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #125
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
So now EA can't market or sell their features either because they screwed up in the past? Jesus christ, it's always something. Give it a rest guys.
13... EA didn't screw up dribble moves in past in NBA Live's.

That was in fact one of the bright spots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #126
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
13... EA didn't screw up dribble moves in past in NBA Live's.

That was in fact one of the bright spots.
I agree 100%, but there was also issues with getting caught in context animations that had to do with dribbling.

Also, if you were a company, wouldn't you start with marketing something you know that you are good at? I don't see Dice touting their campaign in Battlefield as the reason you must buy their game, or I don't see Naughty Dog showcasing The Last Of Us' multiplayer as the lead feature in their release.

Especially with a brand that has had literally no success for over two years, wouldn't you start with something you know you can sell? Again were looking from a marketing perspective, and not what was right or wrong with the game. Just people nitpicking this feature announcement, like EA should just burn their building down now for even bringing it up.

I'm just as skeptical as every one but christ, they still have try and sell a game. Every company uses buzzwords, and this is no different.

Last edited by JODYE; 06-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #127
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This game is in a different type situation. Battlefield is a proven game... It hasn't been cancelled multiple times and all it needs to do is build upon what it has.

This one is just much more different, so they have alot to prove and show...so far its only something each time that people actually didnt really think needed to be touched, so thats why folks are asking for more, which is a good thing considering the circumstances, people want to see more.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #128
Pro

OVR: 10
I don't believe u, u need more people!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »