Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 AM   #113
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
I'm tired of the buzzwords and catch phrases from EA. And every year they release garbage.

Show us the game.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #114
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You wanted all of that in a 1 minute trailer?

Look man, 2k didnt present at E3, but EA did.

2k didnt have 3 or 4 years to make it right, but EA did

There is a HUGE difference.
So ea should have developed live 14 3-4 years prior to release of the new consoles without any knowledge of the capabilities of the new consoles....?

Both companies have had the same time with the kits. I applaud ea for including a hands on demo along with a trailer.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #115
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
So ea should have developed live 14 3-4 years prior to release of the new consoles without any knowledge of the capabilities of the new consoles....?

Both companies have had the same time with the kits. I applaud ea for including a hands on demo along with a trailer.
No they should've been working babysteps on a foundation, after Elite 11, instead of redoing the foundation every year after. Given they wanted change after sales of Live 10 were below expectations.

They had dev kits for more than 1 yr.. same as everyone else. Its not like they didn't know what the fans wanted.. They have years worth of wishlists. Instead we kept hearing about Tyson Chandler's mangly beard, and the pores on his forehead. Or Smash TV/Total Carnage controls. People have been screaming for better animations, player models, rules, more plays etc.

We've heard more buzzwords than a game of Scrabble from these devs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 06-13-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #116
Rookie

AlwaysBased's Arena

OVR: 2
Im ready for a new NCAA Basketball game tbh
Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #117
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Elite was garbage all around and EA still has not recovered in the basketball department. They're still hyping up signature dribbles (who the hell has a signature dribble) and the same things they've been talking about for years. I'll go with the game who has proven they can put out a quality basketball game year after year.
I do agree with you that Elite wasn't going to be a great game and that EA Sports has been slacking the past couple years, but you must not watch Basketball to say that players don't possess signature dribbles. Signature dribbling can range from crossovers to the way a person brings the ball up court. You can see a difference in a way Derrick Rose dribbles compared to Rajon Rondo. Derrick Rose is more bouncy and shifty with his dribbling compared to Rondo's slower, but extremely crafty dribbling movements.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:06 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think EA must have looked at what worked in previous live features that worked and improved on that. The dribbling moves on the right stick just felt right. Now they've taken that part to a new level.
If however dribbling is their biggest feature then they might be in trouble.
That being said i cannot believe that they would think this feature would be the one to put them back in a position to be the top nba game around.

If the game will only release closer to november, then i would say the bigger features are yet to be revealed.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #119
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
No they should've been working babysteps on a foundation, after Elite 11, instead of redoing the foundation every year after. Given they wanted change after sales of Live 10 were below expectations.

They had dev kits for more than 1 yr.. same as everyone else. Its not like they didn't know what the fans wanted.. They have years worth of wishlists. Instead we kept hearing about Tyson Chandler's mangly beard, and the pores on his forehead. Or Smash TV/Total Carnage controls. People have been screaming for better animations, player models, rules, more plays etc.

We've heard more buzzwords than a game of Scrabble from these devs...
EA has long past the point of getting the benefit of the doubt with their basketball game. I don't care as long as 2k puts a game out. How many basketball games do you need anyway? Yeah competition is good but I won't support a product that is only average at best.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
nobody has this ability in their basketball game yet..it was stated in the presentation and on articles on IGN.com
what are you talking about -Bounce tech.
"There are quite a few layers to the dribbling system, below are just some of the examples:

Flick up - In and out
Flick down - Behind the back
Flick right - Hesitation
Flick left - Crossover
135 degrees (lower left) - Between the legs"

whats the difference between this and 2ks dribbling system. IMO, its only the name. unless there is some more depth to it that they aren't mentioning.

as far as Synergy I said that's a nice feature. so I dont get your comment

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »