Home

E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

This is a discussion on E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #97
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: E3 2013: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

My opinion "BounceTek" is signature dribbling added with some physics behind it so you can't perform some moves together that shouldn't be possible, which would make the game unrealistic lastly they seem to customize as the season goes. Elite 11 had some clunky looking dribbling moves. Synergy is known for actual stat tracking but they track video as well. So when he says "Synergy shows Kyrie did that move 25 times..." He really means there is video evidence that Synergy has that Kyrie perfomed that move before x times. Synergy just did all the editing for them basically.

I will also say this we should expect in 2013 signature dribble moves to be a standard now for all consoles and next gen. Rose shouldn't have the same cross as Rondo or as Dwill etc. Melo's hesitation is different than others etc.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Listen to me bruh... I have an opinion just like you do. This company has been nothing but a complete FAIL telling lie after lie. They screwed over ALOT of people here in the past selling a broken game and never giving them their money back after not patching it, not even a word.

The devs came here and posted then disappeared along with all the hype, and this same thing happens every single year.

Now, people are tired of the same old marketing tricks and buzzwords. Until EA shows something, thats not going to win anybody over. Its people here who will tell EA whatever they do is cool. IMO those are the ones who dont care about the game.... because they'll never do anything as long as you have a bunch of butt kissers.

Im not smashing on the dribbling. Im saying show me in action, I dont want to hear empty promises anymore. Apparently its always the guys who havent been here long that want to argue and take them at face value no matter what.

Do you realize we used to have 6 basketball games, and the reason we only have 1 now is because EA decided to completely everything people were saying to them for years? They alienated their own fanbase and went as far as putting a hockeyguy in the mix and decided to pimp the dribbling when nobody had an issue with the control because it was the one thing they had right.

I see a couple of the same dudes who defended Live 13 til the day it was cancelled then they ducked out of here like tail tucked chiwawas and had nothing to say.

My point is, lets see it, no more tech demos, no more articles of what you're doing with tech, no more buzzwords. There has not been any other company that had this much time to plan on what should be a yearly release game... Lets see it... until then people are going to be skeptical.

Sure we all want a great game, don't believe the people who use words like "hate" as if that invalidates people's positions. Its been past time to put up or shut up. Nothing has come since 2009. How much more time do they need?

BTW, im not here to argue nor am i trying to be negative, Im just ready to see them put their money where their mouth is. We've seen the dribble speil before. Lets see something else now.
And I agree with you, as a matter of fact a lot of what you said in this post is what grinds my nerves on the 2k forums, people blindly following and praising them for a product that I see with many flaws and 2k doing the same pr bs, just their take on the way they go about it.

And yes I remember the days we had alot more choices, I remember when double dribble came out, I was in heaven... don't laugh. But anyway I agree stop the sales pitch and show me something.The guy's at e3 seemed optimistic for live, so all I can do is hope EA can deliver and give me hard choice this fall.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Listen to me bruh... I have an opinion just like you do. This company has been nothing but a complete FAIL telling lie after lie. They screwed over ALOT of people here in the past selling a broken game and never giving them their money back after not patching it, not even a word.

The devs came here and posted then disappeared along with all the hype, and this same thing happens every single year.

Now, people are tired of the same old marketing tricks and buzzwords. Until EA shows something, thats not going to win anybody over. Its people here who will tell EA whatever they do is cool. IMO those are the ones who dont care about the game.... because they'll never do anything as long as you have a bunch of butt kissers.

Im not smashing on the dribbling. Im saying show me in action, I dont want to hear empty promises anymore. Apparently its always the guys who havent been here long that want to argue and take them at face value no matter what.

Do you realize we used to have 6 basketball games, and the reason we only have 1 now is because EA decided to completely everything people were saying to them for years? They alienated their own fanbase and went as far as putting a hockeyguy in the mix and decided to pimp the dribbling when nobody had an issue with the control because it was the one thing they had right.

I see a couple of the same dudes who defended Live 13 til the day it was cancelled then they ducked out of here like tail tucked chiwawas and had nothing to say.

My point is, lets see it, no more tech demos, no more articles of what you're doing with tech, no more buzzwords. There has not been any other company that had this much time to plan on what should be a yearly release game... Lets see it... until then people are going to be skeptical.

Sure we all want a great game, don't believe the people who use words like "hate" as if that invalidates people's positions. Its been past time to put up or shut up. Nothing has come since 2009. How much more time do they need?

BTW, im not here to argue nor am i trying to be negative, Im just ready to see them put their money where their mouth is. We've seen the dribble speil before. Lets see something else now.
im ready to see more, and i'm open minded until its time for the game to actually come out...everyone got their own mind and its clear some ppl made their mind up about Live before the game even got a chance to hit the stores...plain and simple...reasons why is very understandable...i find it funny how we have the same arguments every time lol..man EA need to give us our lives back!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I remember you. You were in the Live 13 thread defending them with other guys who ended up banned and EA cancelled the game. I remember you very well.

I'd like to suggest that you stop trying to incite other posters real quick as well, because you are toeing the line of the TOS yourself.
I wouldn't even care so bann me...
Old 06-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I have honestly NEVER heard of "signature dribble" EVER IN MY LIFE watching basketball.

Is this some kind of a joke?
i think they are referring to the style of how players dribble, so just like how players have their own shots they have their own way of dribbling. idk if they can actually capture that but it is kind of like live 10(if u can remember that game) how players had their own size up moves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #102
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

It appears that the Live forums are still a breeding-ground for irrationality. Obviously dribbling isn't all there is to basketball, but to discredit the positive points of Steve's impressions as nothing but hype suggests favoritism.

If this bounceTek thing resembles dribbling in FIFA (where the ball is accessible/tangible to all players at all times) then this is good news. I also like how there was no sliding while the player dribbled. Foot-planting has been much needed in basketball games. But the best part out of all this is that there was no mention of robotic movements. Finally there's some hope.

I can't wait to see 5-on-5 gameplay. But the fact that the Live team is comparing themselves to the Cleveland Cavaliers is a bit concerning. If Kyrie represents the new dribble system, I'm hoping their 5-on-5 gameplay is comparable to Dion Waiters and not Nerlens "Not in service" Noel.

I'll be waiting patiently...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #103
Banned

I don't recall any ea tactics when live 10 released and there is no reason to hate on devs or games that haven't been sold to the public. They tried, they failed and they faced the consequences. It's our fault for getting worked up and believing our posts can influence everything that goes into a game.

I dont expect them to come out with everything when it's a completely new team and engine they are using. Nobody knows when they started working on 14 and besides didn't we want them to start over after what was shown of elite and 13? Atleast now it coincides with next gen consoles and the foundation is being laid.

Can't wait for more input and videos. Good or bad it's always entertaining here.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #104
Rookie

oMarcus2Ko's Arena

EA has to be real careful on how they approach this years game, They need to come with a more humble attitude and stop thinking that their game stomps everyones elses out. they need to take each step little by little and make sure they bring their A-Game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »