Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #897
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearnzo
Umm...WOW.

Just put up a NINE spot in the first inning of my franchise game with my fantasy drafted Astros. I had 11 hits in the freakin inning! I've never had an inning remotely close to that. In fact, I put up a total of 5 hits in my last game total.

Craziness.

Edit: Aaaaaand now another six runs in the second on 7 more hits. Holy crap.
Beginner Mode does wonders, that's all I can say.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 05-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #898
Banned

OVR: 18

Haha, naw man. All Star with slider adjustments.

Wound up only scoring one more run in the final seven innings. I needed the runs, as Cahill pitched a clunker giving up 9ER in 5 IP.

Miggy Cabrera was player of the game going 4 for 5 with 2 HR and 6 RBI. Felt good, as I haven't been able to hit for squat with him. He's almost leading the league in the triple crown categories (2nd place in RBI), but I typically struggle with him. Not this game.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #899
Rookie

OVR: 5

Playing an exhibition game as the Cubs at home vs the Brewers.

The Shark just picked up his 10th k in the sixth, and it went to a montage of all 10 k's. Don't know if this was in last year's game, but it was pretty cool.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #900
Rookie

Playing an exhibition game as the Reds at Pittsburgh.

Bronson Arroyo is twirling a four hit shutout entering the bottom of the eighth, and the cpu Pirates manager goes nuts. Josh Harrison pinch hits for Russell Martin, (slightly better contact ratings, far worse power ratings, a 25 for plate vision), Travis Snider pinch hits for Barmes, (more of a bottom of the ninth move down 1-0, more power) and Mckenry pinch hits for the pitcher.

The real kicker is that Harrison stayed in the game at catcher, and Snider stayed in the game at shortstop.

SCEA, you need to give us the ability to make managerial decisions for the CPU. I guess I'll be playing an AL season once again, and dreading trips to NL parks.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #901
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was my favorite show because I could finally hit...every game wasnt a 2-1 or 3-2 pitchers duel. Then, after I downloaded the most recent patch, something happened. Now, my hitting is even worse than it was in past years; I haven't scored a run in 2 straight games. Did the patch change anything about hitting? Is it possible the patch somehow messed up my sliders/difficulty? (I havent checked because I keep turning the PS3 off the second the game ends). I am frustrated because I finally got the Mets back to competing and now I cant buy a hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #902

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Ejections in this game really need a overhaul. Ross Detwiler hit 3 of my batters, being the immature man-child that I am I decided that I was going to plunk him after the 3rd HBP. So I plunk him in the back and he charges the mound. After the cutscene is done I get a pop up saying that my SP needs to be replaced yet Ross Detwiler is still in the game even though he charged the mound? Just a minor gripe I have with the game.

I love that the fielders are more alert on higher difficulties this year. I get a hit and my runner on 1st goes to 3rd. As I go to 3rd, my runner over runs 3rd base, the cut off man alertly throws to 3rd and gets a much needed out. I was soooo pissed.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #903
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

Enjoying the game as always this year but still way too many 2 out bunt for base hit attempts by weird players. Like Miguel Cabrera doing it twice in a game, for example.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #904
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
Enjoying the game as always this year but still way too many 2 out bunt for base hit attempts by weird players. Like Miguel Cabrera doing it twice in a game, for example.
Miggy bunting once is too much! Pitchers would be very happy to see Miguel Cabrera bunt

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »