Home

MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2013, 10:00 PM   #137
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 2013- Operation Sports Full Minors V.2-Opening Day Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
So explain something to me, if we download that Franchise file, do we not have to do all the bullcrap moving players around in order to start a Season? I'm itching to play but the prospect of having to sit down for HOURS, re-ordering rosters, is intimidating for me.
The franchise file Knight made has all the moving done already (It's just a save file from his franchise at the end of spring training with movements and disabled list completed)
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #138
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Right, so if I download that file, what do I do? If I progress to the start of the season, will it not automatically jumble up all the players again? Apologies for the questions, but I'm an older type gamer (pushin' 40) and I'm out of touch with the roster stuff on this title. It seems a bit daunting to me but I thank you sincerely for helping.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #139
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Right, so if I download that file, what do I do? If I progress to the start of the season, will it not automatically jumble up all the players again? Apologies for the questions, but I'm an older type gamer (pushin' 40) and I'm out of touch with the roster stuff on this title. It seems a bit daunting to me but I thank you sincerely for helping.
It will not. I have already sent the players to the appropriate levels.
Just note...I did make an error on the teams that played on March 31st....I skipped to April to make the lineups and rotations...so those teams are off with one lineup(possibly) and the pitchers are off in the rotation by one man(the order)

Just make sure that you make two profiles as noted....(they don't save with the franchise...you make them.)

One with yours....one with the CPU setup to AUTO(EXCEPT lineups/rotations.....waivers and roster moves...JUST until the third day of the season(there are two or three players on waivers)....after they pass...put those options(waivers and roster moves) to auto if you want)

Just assign your two profiles to the appropriate teams for your liking(you'll see I have custom 2 to the Mets and custom 1 for the other teams(or vice versa).....so assign your manual profile to your team...and the auto(except!....lineups..etc) to the other teams...

After that it's up to you how you want to play it out.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #140
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Bless you guys, I mean that, the time you folks devote to helping people, I can't even begin to make you understand how important that is to us. You roster editors truly are an asset to the gaming community. Thank you.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #141
Javier Baez Fan Club

hjgilber's Arena

OVR: 4
Silly to see Baez as a 67 and Lindor as a 73. I realize authentic doesn't like Baez (he wanted Baez to have a B potential for crying out loud, smh), but he's one guy and all of the prospect rankings love Baez, having him as easily the Cubs best prospect. He should be rated much higher, it's silly we are still having this debate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #142
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgilber
Silly to see Baez as a 67 and Lindor as a 73. I realize authentic doesn't like Baez (he wanted Baez to have a B potential for crying out loud, smh), but he's one guy and all of the prospect rankings love Baez, having him as easily the Cubs best prospect. He should be rated much higher, it's silly we are still having this debate.
He's a high A potential (I think tier 7 or 8)... he's in A ball... seriously, why are you judging by OVR?

Lindor is closer to the bigs than Baez and probably a bit safer, hence, higher OVR. Baez has a way higher ceiling, hence, higher potential. Baez is by no means underrated lol.

Plus, and I may be wrong on this one, I doubt this has anything to do with Authentic. I assume that his ratings were calculated using Knight's chart.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #143
Javier Baez Fan Club

hjgilber's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
He's a high A potential (I think tier 7 or 8)... he's in A ball... seriously, why are you judging by OVR?

Lindor is closer to the bigs than Baez and probably a bit safer, hence, higher OVR. Baez has a way higher ceiling, hence, higher potential. Baez is by no means underrated lol.

Plus, and I may be wrong on this one, I doubt this has anything to do with Authentic. I assume that his ratings were calculated using Knight's chart.
So Lindor is younger than Baez, playing at the same level, and other than his plate discipline has put up pretty pathetic offensive numbers, but he's the "closer" player? I think if you look at their ETA's, Baez is probably closer than Lindor.

I agree he's safer, assuming you mean more likely to hit his peak, because his peak isn't that hard to hit and as you pointed out, nowhere near Baez's.

Anyway, given that Lindor kind of stunk it up with the bat (besides his plate discipline like I said), and Baez crushed last year, I just feel he should have the higher OVR (representing his current ability).
Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #144
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.2 - Opening Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgilber
So Lindor is younger than Baez, playing at the same level, and other than his plate discipline has put up pretty pathetic offensive numbers, but he's the "closer" player? I think if you look at their ETA's, Baez is probably closer than Lindor.

I agree he's safer, assuming you mean more likely to hit his peak, because his peak isn't that hard to hit and as you pointed out, nowhere near Baez's.

Anyway, given that Lindor kind of stunk it up with the bat (besides his plate discipline like I said), and Baez crushed last year, I just feel he should have the higher OVR (representing his current ability).
I assume Lindor's fielding numbers are higher than Baez's? This is probably why he's a.) closer and b.) rated higher

Exactly what I'm talking about re: safety. This is why they're rated like they were.

Having plate discipline is a huge skill, especially for such a young hitter, a shortstop no less. OVR is NOT representative of current ability. I'm sure if you looked at individual attributes you'd be much happier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »