Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #841
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
...aaand fixed.
Why couldn't I have brought this up before the last patch! Wait, you guys can release just one more, right?

Hats off to yous again...

Last edited by treyraq; 04-19-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #842
Pro

OVR: 24

Of course there will be another patch...
Spoiler
Old 04-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #843
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsjaw
I get severely irked by the lack of urgency on some of the fielding plays. Can be frustrating at times.
I actually feel the opposite, pertaining to the animations in Manage Only Mode.

I've actually been saving a bunch of replays of routine plays where the fielders just field the ball way too quickly; it looks really unnatural.
I think a lot of animations were sped up because of the thread a year or two ago that a lot of people were claiming that the fielders were double-pumping the ball and taking too many steps, etc.

But I see a lot of plays this year where the fielders throw on the run, or off-balanced, or just absolutely rushed for no reason. Anyone else agree?
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #844
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
I actually feel the opposite, pertaining to the animations in Manage Only Mode.

I've actually been saving a bunch of replays of routine plays where the fielders just field the ball way too quickly; it looks really unnatural.
I think a lot of animations were sped up because of the thread a year or two ago that a lot of people were claiming that the fielders were double-pumping the ball and taking too many steps, etc.

But I see a lot of plays this year where the fielders throw on the run, or off-balanced, or just absolutely rushed for no reason. Anyone else agree?
Yeah, this goes to Fielder AI. I would hope that if it's possible going forward, that the speed of the fielders making plays would better match the urgency of the play. IRL, MLB players/fielders always sense or "know" how much time they have to make a play and very often somehow seem to get the runner just by a step. Sometimes they need to rush to make that happen, other times they can take their time to do that.

To go along with this, I also think if it's possible, that errors should happen more frequently when fielders are forced to speed up their plays. Fielders DO obviously make errors on routine plays, but I think MORE errors happen when they are forced to speed up their routine, when they're moving their feet, throwing across their body, etc. I don't know if this is already coded into the AI, but IMO it could certainly be improved.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #845
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT
Yeah, this goes to Fielder AI. I would hope that if it's possible going forward, that the speed of the fielders making plays would better match the urgency of the play. IRL, MLB players/fielders always sense or "know" how much time they have to make a play and very often somehow seem to get the runner just by a step. Sometimes they need to rush to make that happen, other times they can take their time to do that.

To go along with this, I also think if it's possible, that errors should happen more frequently when fielders are forced to speed up their plays. Fielders DO obviously make errors on routine plays, but I think MORE errors happen when they are forced to speed up their routine, when they're moving their feet, throwing across their body, etc. I don't know if this is already coded into the AI, but IMO it could certainly be improved.
Great post, I agree 100%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 11:35 PM   #846
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yes and yes...unless it gets broken between now and then ;-)
Like MoM and scouting problems for the Vita???
Old 04-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #847
Rookie

OVR: 0
This might definitely be the best version of the show ever the batting is tighter the pitching is still spot presentation is damn near perfect I actually made a RTTS with a 3B instead of a pitcher and its actually fun Sony has done a great job this year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #848
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

What is up with the Attendance?

It appears that the attendance percentage is calculated wrong.

Do you think this will be fixed?

MLB 13 is the best Sports game ever made.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »