Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #449
MVP

Braves Fan's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

I just got a notice to download patch 1.21

Wonder what this entails?

(Didn't want to start a new thread)
Old 04-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #450
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves Fan
I just got a notice to download patch 1.21

Wonder what this entails?

(Didn't want to start a new thread)
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #451
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Seems like every year we have to tell people about licensing, etc. Since I was working so close with Shawn and Gil, I was able to see first hand how the licensing process works. It is insane the procedures they have to go through just to even get one tiny little thing adjusted per gamers request.

Send off to licensing rep, rep contacts MLB rep, MLB rep contacts bosses, bosses contact MLB rep, MLB rep contacts licensing rep, licensing rep lets Shawn or Gil know the answer of "NO".

Just a little taste as to the hoops for any little detail a part of licensing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #452
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Those jerseys have been phased out, though. They wear the Purple alternate when they opt for something outside of the traditional home/away uniform.
Yes, they mostly go with the purples as their alternate, but they do pull out the blacks on occasion.

It is just a big let down for me. Only things I really wanted this year was for those uni's to be fixed and to have that damn pitch-out glitch in RTTS fixed. Not sure if that has or hasn't been fixed yet.

Also, in RTTS, I don't have a choice of what jersey's I wear. It's disappointing when I see I have to wear those ugly purple sleeves.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #453
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Are crowd reactions able to be patched? The crowd is way too excited for the 1st inning of any game. This severely damages the immersion factor because I've never seen a crowd act like they won the world series at a 1 o clock game on a Wednesday afternoon in June. Also if your game goes into extra innings, the crowd doesn't sit down one time.. no matter the length of the game.
I thought that we were supposed to be able to tell the differences between atmospheres on opening day and the middle of the summer, but all games feel exactly the same.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-13-2013, 02:49 AM   #454
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3RIS3H
Are crowd reactions able to be patched? The crowd is way too excited for the 1st inning of any game. This severely damages the immersion factor because I've never seen a crowd act like they won the world series at a 1 o clock game on a Wednesday afternoon in June. Also if your game goes into extra innings, the crowd doesn't sit down one time.. no matter the length of the game.
I thought that we were supposed to be able to tell the differences between atmospheres on opening day and the middle of the summer, but all games feel exactly the same.
Very accurate comments man , i feel exactly the same. Another issue is that The crowd cheers like u hit a home run after a simple foul tip!
Crowd audio was MUCH better last year
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #455
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

I actually like the crowd noise this year a lot more. They might be overly excited this year, but I'd rather have that, than for them to be quiet for every game.

You could try turning down the crowd volume in between May and August lol.

Only problem I have is the walk up music is much more quiet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I do not know how this is overlooked but the budget issue that is starring you in the face everytime you load franchise is very annoying. I'm talking about how EVERY team no matter what there record winning the WS or losing with a .100 winning pct they all gain 10 million dollars after every season. I was really looking forward to franchise for all the new features and this was hyped up in press releases/videos but it is very broken.

Press release:

"Franchise and Season Mode Evolution (PS3 & PS Vita)
MLB 13 The Show is set on improving the user’s experience in Franchise mode by focusing on player development, while creating a more realistic and dynamic league as time progresses. Additions include a newly implemented team budget that focuses on a reward-penalty system which is solely based on a team’s performance on the field."

I litereally 5 minutes ago was on my PS3 and testing this. I used the Mets and the Twins in both tests. I released their top 15 players in April, simmed the season and fell back 30 games of the division leader by June. I ended with .100 winning pcts. Both times I was given a 10 million dollar increase to my budget for the next year. How can this be overlooked? There is literally a graph on the FRONT of the franchise mode. That graph with the green bars. It litereally says "profit / loss determined by on field performance"

For every single month using both teams the green bars were maxed to the profit side of things. You would think if I won 3 games in an entire month the bar should be going in the negative to show I will be losing profit. Nope, it always behaves the same. I just wish they didn't mention something as a new feature and then not integrate it at all in any way. It isnt a HUGE thing but its annoying to see that chart and know its broken. Im tired and ranting now so i better go to bed. Other than that I LOVE this game A+++ gameplay Just wish franchise features worked better.

Same thing with the AI behavior in terms of trading players/drafting. The other big feature of franchise was for different teams to behave different based on if they are contenders or in rebuilding mode. But i've seen and others have reported teams doing some wierd stuff, like making trades which make no sense given their current status in the season. Last in division but signing a big free agent, or trading prospects for one. I only bring all of this up becuase of how much I love the game. The gameplay is phenomenal. I dont even think we will get another patch and even if we did that any of this would be fixed, but at least they can be aware of it for The Show 14. Please do not advertise and hype features that are not implemented, the game is good enough to sell without doing that
FINALLY!! I thought I was the only one annoyed at this. I was last in the MLB with the Astros, but my budget increases by 10%. Then I win the WS with the Brewers, and once again my budget increases by 10%. This is extremely upsetting to me, and needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »