Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #809
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

No throwing issues with my settings:

Interface - Buttons
Meter - off
Throwing Decision - Hum
Throw Cancel - on
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #810
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
That is odd. I have not seen that behavior before you mentioned it. In testing it, I found that having the FIELDING DECISION set to AUTO will result in exactly the behavior you mentioned. I just fixed that case. Now, I'm concerned there may be another case. What are your settings for:

THROWING INTERFACE
THROWING METER
THROW DECISION
THROW CANCELLING
FIELDING DECISION
THROWING INTERFACE: Buttons
THROWING METER: On
THROW DECISION: Off
THROW CANCELLING: Off
FIELDING DECISION: Assist
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #811
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OK the game has become unplayable this afternoon. The fielder's just won't throw the damn ball.

EDIT: I switched the throwing to analog and the game is working perfectly now. My game was even more screwed up than I realized (in terms of fielding) when I had it on buttons. I think it must be my controller.

Last edited by ChangeUp106; 04-12-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #812
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

The darkened menus when trying to make subs or see computers lineups is bad.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #813
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
OK the game has become unplayable this afternoon. The fielder's just won't throw the damn ball.

EDIT: I switched the throwing to analog and the game is working perfectly now. My game was even more screwed up than I realized (in terms of fielding) when I had it on buttons. I think it must be my controller.

LOL, a bad controller! I should have thought of that first. I confirmed that you should not be seeing your issue with your settings...and a properly working controller.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #814
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

I don't know for sure if it's my controller. I still have my original one going on four years now. The rubber cover of the left analog stick ripped off last week.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #815
MVP

OVR: 1

When using auto fielding, the defensive alignment for Human seems to be the same for every CPU player, outfield normal and straight away, same for infield. Even with one or no outs and man on first, no double play alignment, unless I set it that way.

What troubles me more is how players play for CPU and me. I saw Andrelton Simmons make plays like Jeter in his prime, great range and jump throws. I traded for him and suddenly he no longer looks like Jeter, not even close. This was the case with the game last year and again this year. Just to make matters worse, CPU fielders with significantly less fielding attributes are quite often making plays that defy their attributes. I use auto fielding.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I have been playing on Beginner mode with sliders on default. Just finished a series with the Giants and Brandon Belt was playing first base better than Adrian Gonzalez.

Hitting for me has not been a problem. I use Classic pitching and Timing for hitting.

The game could use a tutorial on Classic pitching, like what am I trying to accomplish with various pitch types using the button, and when used by pitchers with poor, average, and good control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #816
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
When using auto fielding, the defensive alignment for Human seems to be the same for every CPU player, outfield normal and straight away, same for infield. Even with one or no outs and man on first, no double play alignment, unless I set it that way.

What troubles me more is how players play for CPU and me. I saw Andrelton Simmons make plays like Jeter in his prime, great range and jump throws. I traded for him and suddenly he no longer looks like Jeter, not even close. This was the case with the game last year and again this year. Just to make matters worse, CPU fielders with significantly less fielding attributes are quite often making plays that defy their attributes. I use auto fielding.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but I have been playing on Beginner mode with sliders on default. Just finished a series with the Giants and Brandon Belt was playing first base better than Adrian Gonzalez.

Hitting for me has not been a problem. I use Classic pitching and Timing for hitting.

The game could use a tutorial on Classic pitching, like what am I trying to accomplish with various pitch types using the button, and when used by pitchers with poor, average, and good control.

Do you have the latest patch?

How do you have the DEFENSIVE SHIFT option set?

If you have the FIELDING and THROW DECISION option set to AUTO, then there is no difference between a CPU controlled player and a human "controlled" player. Over time (meaning not on a play by play basis) you will see similar results barring any extraneous circumstances (injuries, etc.)

Do you have a video examples of a player making plays you feel his attributes do not warrant? It's difficult to quantify without these examples since we are talking about MLB caliber players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »