Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #793
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond
Ah man, I actually liked that aspect of the game.
With it not really meaning anything other than mass accumulating of $$$....they took it out to, I think, eventually put back in with some real meaning to the Front Office aspect of the game.
Maybe not all of it...maybe some new things....Let's hope!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #794
Pro

OVR: 4

I just picked up the show last week with my new ps3 ( my old one died back after Christmas )

I am juts flat out enjoying it, all modes in digging this year which is a change from me as Im only a franchise type guy. There is nothing better on a cool cloudy Sunday morning playing the show with a hot cup of coffee or a hot summer night with a cold beer.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #795
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Does it pop up in the box on the replay?

M.K.
Knight165
I haven't seen it. I should get some time tomorrow night to play and will continue to look for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #796
KTB
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am really not that impressed with 13. Same old glitches, same old game play, still missing key factors in the game to make it "realistic"...

1. I still hear commentary errors. I was playing game 3 of my series vs. Arizona and in the intro Matt V says "welcome to the opening game of a 3 game series"

2. What is up with the trades? I have it set to force trades and so far none of my trades are going through!? It just says that the other team likes the offer as it benefits them... ok then make the trade! ugh.. then after a few games I look in pending transactions and the trade is not there anymore.

3. How many times is there going to be a dropped 3rd strike?? UNREALISTIC!

4. Started my season on "Legend" status with my players all in the mid 90's for ratings, sliders way over to the right increasing their hitting and power and I could barely score or hit the ball.. Had to drop it to the level below, I believe it is Hal of Fame, now I won 4 in a row, but not by much.

5. Walkup music... why bother? Computer plays like 5 seconds of each song and they start the music way too late.. WALK UP MUSIC... should be started immeadiately after the previous player is out.

6. Theme music for every team - Why not have the traditional music for each team already in the game? If I go to Boston, their theme music should already be part of their environment in the stadium. As of now I have to research what each teams music is and load it in myself to make it more of a home field for them. ( I play a season with the Yankees)

7. Why do I have my players heading towards the ball and then sometimes they turn in the opposite direction like I am not controlling them anymore for a second? Makes no sense.

8. Went to check a reply tonight, viewed it and then I could not get back to my game, it would not let me go back.. had to quit the game... lost all my good stats for that game.. disaster

Dont get me wrong, I still love the game but by now you would think they would have this stuff fixed. There should also be an option to update your roster when you are in a season to accomadate the real time roster and any trades or changes. I know they have updates, but if you are already in a season, you would overwrite your existing team and stats if you load an updated version of a roster? I also have myself on the team and would lose him too. Maybe I am wrong there... but thats what i thought. Any help with that, email me to [email protected] thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #797
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
It's like déjà vu, all over again.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #798
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
It's like déjà vu, all over again.

-- Sent from the Future...
I thought it was just me!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 AM   #799
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB
I am really not that impressed with 13. Same old glitches, same old game play, still missing key factors in the game to make it "realistic"...

1. I still hear commentary errors. I was playing game 3 of my series vs. Arizona and in the intro Matt V says "welcome to the opening game of a 3 game series"

2. What is up with the trades? I have it set to force trades and so far none of my trades are going through!? It just says that the other team likes the offer as it benefits them... ok then make the trade! ugh.. then after a few games I look in pending transactions and the trade is not there anymore.

3. How many times is there going to be a dropped 3rd strike?? UNREALISTIC!

4. Started my season on "Legend" status with my players all in the mid 90's for ratings, sliders way over to the right increasing their hitting and power and I could barely score or hit the ball.. Had to drop it to the level below, I believe it is Hal of Fame, now I won 4 in a row, but not by much.

5. Walkup music... why bother? Computer plays like 5 seconds of each song and they start the music way too late.. WALK UP MUSIC... should be started immeadiately after the previous player is out.

6. Theme music for every team - Why not have the traditional music for each team already in the game? If I go to Boston, their theme music should already be part of their environment in the stadium. As of now I have to research what each teams music is and load it in myself to make it more of a home field for them. ( I play a season with the Yankees)

7. Why do I have my players heading towards the ball and then sometimes they turn in the opposite direction like I am not controlling them anymore for a second? Makes no sense.

8. Went to check a reply tonight, viewed it and then I could not get back to my game, it would not let me go back.. had to quit the game... lost all my good stats for that game.. disaster

Dont get me wrong, I still love the game but by now you would think they would have this stuff fixed. There should also be an option to update your roster when you are in a season to accomadate the real time roster and any trades or changes. I know they have updates, but if you are already in a season, you would overwrite your existing team and stats if you load an updated version of a roster? I also have myself on the team and would lose him too. Maybe I am wrong there... but thats what i thought. Any help with that, email me to [email protected] thanks

there are glaring issues that repeat themselves from year-to-year. SCEA should give us much better rosters out of the box and SCEA is lucky that we have Knight and others to selflessly create the OSFM for us.

the show is the best sports sim game ever made and it gets better every year, but with the move to PS-4, fielding animations need to be greatly improved, stats need to be added ASAP, and the Commentary is terrible and must be near the level of MLB 2K.

I am confident SCEA will fix these issues and continue to move forward and give us a better game each year.

I do appreciate your criticism and you have the right to say how you feel, without a malicious intent.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #800
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
The more I play this game the more I begin to really appreciate the jump its made this year.

The little nuances and changes under the hood only start to become more obvious the more you play, and I've no doubt I have yet only seen a fraction of the goodies to come.

I've always liked previous versions of The Show, but this year is the first time I can genuinely say I am falling in love with the game.

Without a doubt the absolute GOAT in terms of sports gaming in my opinion, lord knows how great it's going to get on the PS4.

Wait until next March and The Show on the PS-4 ...... you will find yourself having an affair!!!! (Cause you will fall even deeper in love with MLB 14).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »