Home

MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #849
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Operation Sports Full Minors 2013: Edition v.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
What is the algorithm? I'd be curious to know what the rate of k/9 rating is to actual expected K's during a game/sim game.

The algorithm is k/9 and just simulate a couple of seasons taking note of k/9 ratings before hand. Say a guy like Verlander has a k/9 of 79 I believe and he gets just over 200 k's in like 220+ innings. So it seems a k per inning would relate to around an 80-85 k/9 rating. There are probably a bunch of spreadsheets created by others posted on this site in other threads that you can use as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #850
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

The algorithm is k/9 and just simulate a couple of seasons taking note of k/9 ratings before hand. Say a guy like Verlander has a k/9 of 79 I believe and he gets just over 200 k's in like 220+ innings. So it seems a k per inning would relate to around an 80-85 k/9 rating. There are probably a bunch of spreadsheets created by others posted on this site in other threads that you can use as well.

Okay I see, you don't know the actual algorithm, you're just using common sense to relate k/9 to actual expected K's.

I'm sure the actual formula takes into account other ratings things such as individual pitch ratings, consistency, clutch, etc.

I will simulate a couple of seasons with using a known x (Verlander's k/9 rating) and determine the y value (K's) based on a range of known x's.

Simming multiple seasons with Verlander having k/9 ratings of 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 & 100 should give a pretty good baseline for what the rating produces, with all other variable being the same.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #851
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

You guys should also check out the inning pitched at the end of the season. How does it compare to IRL? I thought it was a little bit low when i did a sim after the patch came out.

You can tune this by adjusting Manager hook and SP stamina in the sliders. They both affect simmed games. I personally have two sets of sliders. One I load before simming games and one I load for the actual games I play. I havent tested enough to know what is right to use for my simmed games but right now im running with manager hook 4, starter SP 6 and Injury Freq 10. I know injury freq 10 is accurate for simmed games because I tested that, but not sure about the other two I just set them there for now to see if I can get increased IP's by starters which as a side effect will boost the Ks. Should look at this first before tuning all of the K/9 attributes it could be a much better fix

Im not in the mood to think very hard right now but if someone wanted to they could try those settings for simming games and then check various SP's to divide Games started and Innings pitched. MLB starters average 5.91 innings per game.

Last edited by BrianU; 04-09-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #852
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
You guys should also check out the inning pitched at the end of the season. How does it compare to IRL? I thought it was a little bit low when i did a sim after the patch came out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU

You can tune this by adjusting Manager hook and SP stamina in the sliders. They both affect simmed games. I personally have two sets of sliders. One I load before simming games and one I load for the actual games I play. I havent tested enough to know what is right to use for my simmed games but right now im running with manager hook 4, starter SP 6 and Injury Freq 10. I know injury freq 10 is accurate for simmed games because I tested that, but not sure about the other two I just set them there for now to see if I can get increased IP's by starters which as a side effect will boost the Ks. Should look at this first before tuning all of the K/9 attributes it could be a much better fix

Im not in the mood to think very hard right now but if someone wanted to they could try those settings for simming games and then check various SP's to divide Games started and Innings pitched. MLB starters average 5.91 innings per game.
As a matter of fact I did use a similar slider set except for injuries, which I actually turned off to get true, full season statistics.

I ran 4 simulations two at 7 stamina one at 6 and one at 5. I did two for 7 stamina because that's what I was running with before changing. Oddly enough I didn't find that pitchers were pitching more innings at all through any of the simulations. What I saw was CG come down. From my simulations, a 5 for stamina of course had the lowest total but it was still above the league norm, from last season anyway.

I talked about it with Nomo in his slider thread and he said something about from his experiences that stamina doesn't effect simulation as much for some reason. The trend that I see from my sims is right in line with what he was saying. Personally I like 6 for games I'm participating in so I'll probably just roll with 6 so I don't have to change it.

Anyway, back to strikeouts lol. From compiling averages from the 4 simulations, it was apparent that for each category it didn't ever change drastically so I took the 4 sims and averaged them out together and compared them to league averages from the majors for the that few seasons. Every category was pretty well in line (Nice balancing by SCEA I must say so myself) except for strikeouts, errors, and walks.

I'm not really worried about walks too much because only one player walked over 100 times last year (Adam Dunn) and I had at least one player walk 100 times in each of my sims.

The league averaged 11 less errors per game too which corrected my belief that defensive attributes were low in the game.

Strikeouts were around 200 k's less than league average. This was the biggest descrepancy. This is why I'm going to go out of my way and look at every SCEA pitcher and make an edit as necessary. Once the OSFM V2 comes out anyway...

Last edited by Threeebs; 04-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #853
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

What will be the difference between OSFM V2, which is usually corrections with the right Opening Day lineups, and Ripner's 1.0 roster, which is basically the same thing, right? After the community already went through to find corrections and Ripner compiled them, is there even a need for OSFM V2? Or are there going to be rerates of the minor league guys? Maybe I'm confused. I've been away from the game for a week or so, and haven't actually gotten to take a look at OSFM or Ripners roster in any detail, just following posts here on OS, so I apologize if what I'm asking is obvious and I'm just an idiot! Thanks again for all the work you guys put into this.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #854
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Here is the result from a quick sim I did:

this is doing a season sim with default sliders (all 5's) and OSFM roster

NATIONAL LEAGUE IP/G (OSFM) IP/G (IRL) -------- K/9 (OSFM) K/9 (IRL)
Cole Hamels 6.1 6.9 -------- 8.4 9.0
Clayton Kershaw 6.5 6.8 -------- 10.42 9.1
Tim Lincecum 5.7 5.6 -------- 8.3 9.2
Jeff Samardzija 6.1 6.2 -------- 7.0 9.3

AMERICAN LEAGUE IP/G (OSFM) IP/G (IRL) -------- K/9 (OSFM) K/9 (IRL)
Justin Verlander 6.7 7.2 -------- 7.98 9.0
Chris Sale 6 6.5 -------- 9.21 9.0
CC Sabathia 6.2 7.1 -------- 7.24 8.9
Felix Hernandez 6.6 7.0 -------- 7.5 8.7

in OSFM stock it looks like K/9 is still a bit too low. This is with OSFM roster (RedSoxFox7s franchise file with manual injures but no rating changes, stock OSFM) and sliders at all 5s. IP/G looks decent enough but the Ks look low in stock OSFM. This is just from 1 sim but I can't see that changing if I were to sim again, its pretty wide spread being too low. I picked 4 starters at the top of the strikeouts leaderboard at random. I still have the save file
Old 04-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #855
Pro

Ripner's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
What will be the difference between OSFM V2, which is usually corrections with the right Opening Day lineups, and Ripner's 1.0 roster, which is basically the same thing, right? After the community already went through to find corrections and Ripner compiled them, is there even a need for OSFM V2? Or are there going to be rerates of the minor league guys? Maybe I'm confused. I've been away from the game for a week or so, and haven't actually gotten to take a look at OSFM or Ripners roster in any detail, just following posts here on OS, so I apologize if what I'm asking is obvious and I'm just an idiot! Thanks again for all the work you guys put into this.
Main difference will be accurate AAA rosters. They weren't announced till well after OSFM came out so a fair number of AAA roster players were not in the Original OSFM set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #856
Rookie

bmke92's Arena

Hey guys, Zeke Spruill and Anthony Meo on the D Backs are generic faces. You may have known already, but I used the search function and couldnt find anything on them. If i find anything else I'll post it! These rosters are amazing as usual, thanks again everyone!

Last edited by bmke92; 04-09-2013 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »