Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Anybody else while playing franchise, series stats are always 0-0, 0HR?

Starting to get annoying.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #434
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes and it always thinks that the game you're playing is the opening game of the series
Old 04-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #435
Rookie

thegna4's Arena

OVR: 15

I know I've seen other people saying you can rebuild your database to fix the stuttering in other areas. This is going to sound stupid but how exactly do I do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #436
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebender13
Anybody else while playing franchise, series stats are always 0-0, 0HR?

Starting to get annoying.
I was going to make a thread about this lol
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #437
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegna4
I know I've seen other people saying you can rebuild your database to fix the stuttering in other areas. This is going to sound stupid but how exactly do I do that?
I did this and it while I did not help my freezing issues with the show, it did help make my PS3 run much quicker when accessing the XMB, especially in game.

Keep in mind it will delete all of your messages(probably the biggest reason I saw an increase as I had probably 4+ years of messages lol). It will also delete your playlists(not the actual music) and if you added any videos or games to folders/albums it will delete those as well(again, not the actual videos or games).

1. Turn off your PS3 so you see that glowing red light we are all familiar with.
  2. Turn on your PS3 and HOLD the power button. Keep holding until it turns off.
  3. Now turn it on again but this time it will be a little different. Press and hold the power button and you will hear. 1 Beep …. 1 Beep ….. then 2 quick Beeps at this point release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. Return to step 2 if this happens.
  4. You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable.
  5. Welcome to the PS3 Recovery Menu you’ve made it! Select option 4 “Rebuild Database” and press X. For info on what the other options do check out the FAQ tab.
  6. After pressing X you will see this screen. Just select Yes to continue. Don’t worry this won’t takes hours. I have a 160GB hard drive and it took less than 5 minutes. Anyway after pressing X your PS3 will reboot.
  7. If you have a HDMI cable you’ll see this screen. Obviously select yes. If you connect your PS3 another way you’ll get a simliar screen. Just select yes.
  8. Press X and sit back and wait for a few minutes and let it do it’s magic.
  9. The rebuild database in action, pretty exciting eh? Like I said earlier this took about 5 minutes for me.
  10. After it’s complete your PS3 will reboot and your hard drive will be as happy as Sackboy is above!
Got the instructions from HERE.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegna4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman19
I did this and it while I did not help my freezing issues with the show, it did help make my PS3 run much quicker when accessing the XMB, especially in game.

Keep in mind it will delete all of your messages(probably the biggest reason I saw an increase as I had probably 4+ years of messages lol). It will also delete your playlists(not the actual music) and if you added any videos or games to folders/albums it will delete those as well(again, not the actual videos or games).

1. Turn off your PS3 so you see that glowing red light we are all familiar with.
  2. Turn on your PS3 and HOLD the power button. Keep holding until it turns off.
  3. Now turn it on again but this time it will be a little different. Press and hold the power button and you will hear. 1 Beep …. 1 Beep ….. then 2 quick Beeps at this point release the power button. If you release it to late it will just turn off again. Return to step 2 if this happens.
  4. You will be greeted with a screen asking you to connect a controller with a USB cable.
  5. Welcome to the PS3 Recovery Menu you’ve made it! Select option 4 “Rebuild Database” and press X. For info on what the other options do check out the FAQ tab.
  6. After pressing X you will see this screen. Just select Yes to continue. Don’t worry this won’t takes hours. I have a 160GB hard drive and it took less than 5 minutes. Anyway after pressing X your PS3 will reboot.
  7. If you have a HDMI cable you’ll see this screen. Obviously select yes. If you connect your PS3 another way you’ll get a simliar screen. Just select yes.
  8. Press X and sit back and wait for a few minutes and let it do it’s magic.
  9. The rebuild database in action, pretty exciting eh? Like I said earlier this took about 5 minutes for me.
  10. After it’s complete your PS3 will reboot and your hard drive will be as happy as Sackboy is above!
Got the instructions from HERE.
I have read that "playlists" lost will include The Sounds of The Show, and if you've customized things for players, stadiums, chants, etc, that you will need to re-do all of this if you do the rebuild. I have NOT done it, so I can't say for sure if that's true, but it sounds like it may be. Just keep that in mind if you have done a lot of customization using Sounds of The Show.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #439
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes

wish you could have patched the Rockies black alternate vest to have the correct color sleeves. I know the style guide has purple sleeves, but the Rockies always(and I mean always) wear black sleeves with the black vest. not a big deal to most, but it is for an Rox fan but i understand other issues need to be dealt with
This seriously needs to be fixed. Have developers really never seen a Rockies game when they where their black vests? How about in '07 when they won 20/21 and made the World Series in their black vests and BLACK SLEEVES. Major flaw for all Rockies users.......
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #440
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
This seriously needs to be fixed. Have developers really never seen a Rockies game when they where their black vests? How about in '07 when they won 20/21 and made the World Series in their black vests and BLACK SLEEVES. Major flaw for all Rockies users.......
You understand why it's that way in the game though right? They are limited in what they can do, due to contractual obligations.

Major Flaw? More like major hyperbole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »