Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #761
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Have no fear when it comes to Historical Players, there will be plenty of Grade A roster sets in the Vault in the coming weeks. Including specific years and Dr Sublime and Co's All Time Rosters. Check out his thread in the Rosters section where he has posted some screenshots - the faces are on point. The fantastic Historical sets is what steals all my gaming time every year.
I have the Turn Back the Clock: Post Season Replay 1949 World Series "set"(I say set only because for these early years it's only two teams...I will probably expand it to include the 2nd place teams for each league as well though) ready to go once I get back home.
I had it pretty much done...just some finishing touches.

Allie Reynolds....DiMaggio....Berra and the Yanks vs. Reese.....Campy....Newcombe and the Bums....

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #762
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I love the difference you can tell defensively between players. Using autofielding and the NY Mets when a ball is hit to Duda in left field I always hold my breath. This is the first baseball game that I feel defensive subs are actually mandatory to think about. It is awesome

Also the misplayed balls, human like AI mistakes take this game to the next level. There is a variety among errors, balls take bad hops, fielders misplay angles, dive and miss, let balls drop, etc.. all that great stuff it adds a ton but it is just the right amount not overdone. I use Fielding errors 6/throwing errors 4 and it feels just right
Old 04-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #763
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't get why they took out the newspaper if they weren't going to replace it with something better.

Am I missing something?

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #764
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I love the difference you can tell defensively between players. Using autofielding and the NY Mets when a ball is hit to Duda in left field I always hold my breath. This is the first baseball game that I feel defensive subs are actually mandatory to think about. It is awesome

Also the misplayed balls, human like AI mistakes take this game to the next level. There is a variety among errors, balls take bad hops, fielders misplay angles, dive and miss, let balls drop, etc.. all that great stuff it adds a ton but it is just the right amount not overdone. I use Fielding errors 6/throwing errors 4 and it feels just right
Hmm...Ryan Doumit making like Mike Trout to catch a sinking liner is to me not a good thing, Doumit playing for CPU team. If that were one such catch in a game, maybe, maybe you could pass it up. However, he did it twice in the same game.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #765
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
I don't get why they took out the newspaper if they weren't going to replace it with something better.

Am I missing something?
i have to step in here....and agree.
i was a big proponent of getting rid of the newspaper but notfor that half a**ed version of a replacement.
all it is is a ticker that has scores going on the bottom and supposedly milestones. the big problem is that it moves SUPER slow so you end up sitting there for 5 minutes reading nothing but scores with winning/losing pitchers.
something you could find easier in the schedule screen.

thumbs down scea for that. you could have done light years better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #766
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

I believe that removed that for memory reasons. They are pretty much on their last legs squeezing as much out of the ps3 as they can and had to take out some things like that and the ticket prices/marketing feature for better physics and the other improvements.. i believe.. Im sure it will all be back and glorious in MLB 14
Old 04-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #767
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i have to step in here....and agree.
i was a big proponent of getting rid of the newspaper but notfor that half a**ed version of a replacement.
all it is is a ticker that has scores going on the bottom and supposedly milestones. the big problem is that it moves SUPER slow so you end up sitting there for 5 minutes reading nothing but scores with winning/losing pitchers.
something you could find easier in the schedule screen.

thumbs down scea for that. you could have done light years better.
OMG...

What a shock...
YOU were the biggest crybaby over that "outdated" newspaper remaining in the game.
I even think you said you'd rather see nothing than the newspaper.

You got what you want.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #768
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I believe that removed that for memory reasons. They are pretty much on their last legs squeezing as much out of the ps3 as they can and had to take out some things like that and the ticket prices/marketing feature for better physics and the other improvements.. i believe.. Im sure it will all be back and glorious in MLB 14

it possible that why it was removed but i am not sure obviously.

A nice team page with news would be an easy replacement

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »