Home

Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

This is a discussion on Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #25
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
Jordan in his tar heel gear lol
Honestly that would be a great start to get college basketball sales rolling again. If they (preferably 2K) could get some classic teams maybe and put Jordan on the cover of the game you could generate some sales just off that alone. If it's as quality an experience on the court as 2K8 was you can gain repeat buyers there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I've always thought that going into the bigger consol generations of the PS4/720 and beyond that eventually the NCAA/Madden games would eventually merge into one larger, all encompassing football game and I could even see the same happening for basketball games. You'd have a core group of gameplay developers who handle the gameplay for each but then seperate teams for the presentational elements. As games get more and more costly to consumers it only makes sense otherwise sales are going to continue to drop as more and more consumers are forced to choose between one or the other. I think a football game or a basketball game doing this would result in record sales for their respective sport. Of course there'd be hurdles to getting to that point but in the long run it only makes sense. Otherwise more and more sports games are gonna fall by the wayside.
You will never ever see anything like that happen. The logistics of that are just too great to overcome. That's not even to speak of the amount of greed between the professional leagues and the NCAA and trying to divide the profits of such an arrangement. Won't ever happen man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
I still play CH2K8, and a little of the NCAA Basketball 10, both are decent games if you can get past the dated graphics and player models. NCAA BB 10 is more polished and has the smoother game play, but 2K8 is more realistic in Legacy mode. If I'm not mistaken, you can upload the current college rosters for 2K8, but not for NCAA 10. That said, I do think we will see a new college bb game in another year or two. If EA isn't going to put on their big boy pants and develop another NBA LIVE game, then they should put all their effort into a college basketball sim.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #27
Rookie

tbdaniel15's Arena

OVR: 3
I really don't care how they would make it happen, just make it happen. Personally, I prefer NCAA Football over Madden because of all the aspects that go into college football compared to pro, such as recruiting, rivalries, rankings, and so on, and I know I know I'm not alone in this thinking. The same thing could be applied to a collegiate basketball game. With the outstanding success of the NBA 2K series, just imagine what a revamped 2K College Hoops game could do in the market. And I know sales have been down in the past, but with this drought without any college basketball games for years, the market would be booming right from the get go (especially if it was from 2K). I know during this time of year I think to myself a lot, "Man I wish i could play some College Hoops 2K13 right now." Bring the series back, 2K! It would definitely be worth the investment to get it started.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #28
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9
I think there is a high demand (From the community) in terms of a college basketball game. NCAA Basketball 10 was the last one we had. What makes it worse, is how the teams are changing there jerseys shoes, and styles, the games, soon became outdated.

I think the best thing about college basketball and most college sports games, are you do not see the same2-5 teams every other game. It's cool to play some other teams and fans of different school. I miss having a collge BBall very much as every year around this time I dust off CH2K8 and NCAA BB 10
Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #29
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

I just paid $60.11 for College Hoops 2K8 on Amazon
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTE92
I just paid $60.11 for College Hoops 2K8 on Amazon
You may have gotten robbed.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #31
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

Unless it was brand new he did get robbed. Got mine with no scratches for 35
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

He got robbed, but this game is definitely worth 60 bucks in my mind. Best college sports game created so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »