Home

Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

This is a discussion on Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 0
I think Sega should acquire the license and bring back the greatest football game of all time: NFL FOOTBALL 94 STARING JOE MONTANA!!! For any of the younger generation who may have missed this game, try to find an emulator and play it now. This game inspired a lot of the features that we still have in sports video games today. Of course it would have to be updated for today so it would naturally be Staring Tom Brady.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #114
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoSuperBo
Its the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, FIFA, PGA etc brand that is behind EVERY sports games success, how many sports games have survived without a major license? All Pro was a sales disaster and that even had real life players, Back Breaker and The Blitz couldn't survive without a license. But I dont understand how that point has been lost on EA Tiburon. Do they not put out a realistic representation of the NFL in each of their games? You may not agree with the direction of the game but that is an entirely different argument.
No........
Old 04-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #115
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
No........
What's not realistic about it? Do they not include all 32 NFL teams? Do they not have authentic uniforms? Do they not have every stadium? Are the rules of football different in Madden than the real NFL? Do they have Ron Mexico instead of Mike Vick? Again you may not agree with the direction of certain aspects of the game such as CCM or the physics engine but that has nothing to do with authenticity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #116
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
What's not realistic about it? Do they not include all 32 NFL teams? Do they not have authentic uniforms? Do they not have every stadium? Are the rules of football different in Madden than the real NFL? Do they have Ron Mexico instead of Mike Vick? Again you may not agree with the direction of certain aspects of the game such as CCM or the physics engine but that has nothing to do with authenticity.
Even though you are probably being serious, I will wait until tomorrow before I believe it.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Even though you are probably being serious, I will wait until tomorrow before I believe it.
At least give examples instead of just highlighting what I wrote. The rules of football are pretty straightforward, 11 on 11, TD counts for 7 points, FG is 3 points. What is not authentic about Madden's rules?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #118
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
At least give examples instead of just highlighting what I wrote. The rules of football are pretty straightforward, 11 on 11, TD counts for 7 points, FG is 3 points. What is not authentic about Madden's rules?
Not to speak for BFD, but to provide a few examples for him - the more vocal critics within the Madden community have voiced concerns about very particular areas of the game, such as player locomotion, CPU playcalling, offensive-defensive lines interaction, etc.

I've personally enjoyed Madden a ton this year, but I'm not blind to areas where the developers should focus their attention to improve the game's ability to replicate what we see on Sundays.

EDIT - aaaaaaaaand he's banned. Whomp.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #119
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Didn't know if this should be a thread starter, so, I just put it here instead.

Credit goes to someon on the NCAA forums on this one.

Now, let's be real here.

A. Not everything is shared by Madden and NCAA, but hopefully, if I get the jist of this tweet, hopefully, this might be in Madden too.

Also, could be pure speculation, no need to jump the gun, yet.

We'll see and we'll find out more this week.

Stay tuned.

https://twitter.com/EANCAAFootball/s...45900275466240

Last edited by roadman; 04-01-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #120
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9
Damn man, Its sad, but true. That was a good read. Also, it hard to market a football game without the licensing, So it is almost impossible to make some noise with another APF or a generic football game. It is great for the consumer, but it's not a $65 dollar, or a must buy, period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »