Home

Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

This is a discussion on Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2013, 02:50 AM   #105
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Don't Expect a Change in the NFL License Status Quo

I think 2K really has to put everything they have into getting the NFL license. I dont think its realistic for them to steal exclusivity away from EA but they have to pony up a price to make the NFL consider opening the license up to them.

I love the NBA series, but they really need to after football gaming again. If that means taking resources from the NBA game, then so be it. There are stlll many developers at VC that worked on APF and has now taken the NBA2K to the top. I would put them back on football...after all, NFL2K really put 2Ksports on the map.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 2
Count me as one of the guys who has steadily quit playing Madden. Intact I didn't even get the game last year. Hopefully there will soon be some competition to forces EA to try new thing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 AM   #107
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
No thanks. I've already seen EA fail 8 times on these consoles. I'm not bothering with it anymore. I'll continue to play better games of other sports and genres. I've gotten through the withdrawls and don't need football "fixes" anymore.
You know, it took me a long time, and I fell for the hype every year, well the hype and my love for NFL Football, but after playing Madden 13 I will have no problem never buying another Madden game. There is just no reason to waste anymore time and money on what we all know will be another disappointing football game. We have all submitted great input on what we feel would make the game great, which issues need to be addressed, EA got the message but they just can't deliver. They have shown year after year that they are just not capable of creating a football game of the same quality of a game like MLB the Show, or NBA 2k. Just look how far ahead those two sports games are over Madden, it's laughable.

When I look back at Madden 2004, 2005 and ESPN NFK 2K4 and 2K5 all I can think to myself is what happened? 9 years ago we had some of the best football video games ever made and now we have this. Things were supposed to get better weren't they? Something has gone horribly wrong here. Just imagine for a moment if that exclusive deal never happened after Madden 05 and NFL 2K5. We would have moved to the PS3 and 360 with both companies coming off their best football games, moving forward to get even better. Can you just imagine what we might have had now if that competition was allowed to continue? Instead one is forced out, the other gets lazy knowing they are the only game in town, and we the gamers suffer for it.

It's a shame that a sub par product has been able to continue to succeed for all these years and it's even more of a shame that I took part in helping it succeed. NO MORE!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
This is what I thought in this Interview with MLB The Show 13 Producer Ramone Russel. Sounded like he took a shot at Madden, lol. Just listen to the fist 42 seconds.
Madden, and probably a lot of the gaming industry these days in general.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #109
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
There is only one way to end this ppl...stop buying Madden.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #110
Banned

OVR: 0

Madden isn't the superpower of sports video games as it use too be when we entered the current gen consoles. As a matter of fact, it's become a laughing stalk of gaming in certain aspects. Look at the SHOW, FIFA and NBA 2k. Which is always being praised for there evolution, and gameplay. Only thing holding MADDEN together this current console is its NAME and exclusive license. Yes it's better than 2006 version, but the same flaws that started with 2006 is still there, except for a physics engine and better graphics. Gameplay wise, so many fundamentals are missing and presentation is better, it can't compare with the show and other games. Sales aren't that good on a global viewpoint either. There not selling as much units as in prior years, so it's going too see the direction that they take next-gen. NCAA football is a prime example of stagnant direction and a uncertain future.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3
Just put NFL into APF 2k8 and I would buy it for 30 bucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's unfortunate you misunderstood what I was trying to state, I wasn't referring to the exclusive, I was referring to the initial NFL license acquired in 1993 for Madden 94. My point was it's the NFL brand that was and is behind Madden's popularity with the masses and hardcore a like, yet EA Tiburon seems to have forgotten that fact this entire gen.
Its the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, FIFA, PGA etc brand that is behind EVERY sports games success, how many sports games have survived without a major license? All Pro was a sales disaster and that even had real life players, Back Breaker and The Blitz couldn't survive without a license. But I dont understand how that point has been lost on EA Tiburon. Do they not put out a realistic representation of the NFL in each of their games? You may not agree with the direction of the game but that is an entirely different argument.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »