Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #273
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Well went ahead a played my first tourney on Tour and finished at -7 and tied for 41st place. 71-70-69-71. My golfer is a level 92 and for me to struggle like I did was a good sign for me that it won't be an easy ride on the Tour

Course conditions were very mild so it was a nice 1st tourney to break the ice.

Only issue I have after spending a whole week with the game is the lighting at times were to dark to even read the greens. Matter of fact it's almost impossible on a cloudy day. That's the only time I had issues with reading the greens

I might add I made $29,020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was the winning score for the tourney? It wasn't too high was it because shooting -7 and finishing 41st seems rather far back. What course was it?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #274
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
What was the winning score for the tourney? It wasn't too high was it because shooting -7 and finishing 41st seems rather far back. What course was it?
The winner was at -16, the course was Sheshan. The course played easy even the pin placements for the most part were easy to get to. Barely any wind

Old 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #275
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The winner was at -16, the course was Sheshan. The course played easy even the pin placements for the most part were easy to get to. Barely any wind

Sounds about right, Sheshan is one of the easier courses in the game as well. Thanks.

BTW did you run into any other issues with the AI scoring?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #276
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Sounds about right, Sheshan is one of the easier courses in the game as well. Thanks.

BTW did you run into any other issues with the AI scoring?
None that I noticed. Everything played out well from what I could tell

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #277
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having a pretty damn good time with this game right now. I'm playing on all sim settings except I had to knock down the swing difficulty a level because quite frankly, I couldn't hit a decent shot with it on the highest level. I'm on the Web.com tour and have yet to shoot E or under par and that's through 4 tournaments. I'm extremely pleased with that. I'm finding the game very challenging and that is the best thing so far. Past Tiger games the biggest problem was the lack of difficulty after a while.

The only complaint I really have so far is the lighting. I won't lie, I don't think they do this very well. The visuals are terrific, but when you combine it with actually having to play the game it's really bad. There are times where I'm putting and I cannot see where the hole is at all. I mean I understand the fact they want to show the difference between time and weather, but I think it's overdone a little bit too much.

Obviously there are other issues with the game but it seems that most of those are going to be in the patch. I'm extremely happy they are switching the putting cam. Overall though I'm definitely having a good time with this game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #278
MVP

rheller's Arena

OVR: 8

Got the game on Saturday and like it a lot. I played the demo a lot. I know my limitations and so, I don't play on sim difficulty. I bumped it down to Tournament and I'm liking the results. In the few rounds I've played I've finished anywhere from +2 to -4. I don't think I'll be shooting the consistent low scores from last year.

The thing I like about this year's version the most is the ability to mess up a shot. I don't hit every shot where I want it. Even if I set everything up pre-shot, I still have to execute that diagonal swing and sometimes I can mess it up royally...and I like that.

Being from Hawaii I'm obviously saddened by the loss of Waialae, but I'll live... I can see this game having a lot of play time this year.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #279
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Just had what was both one of the most maddening and one of the coolest moments I've had in this series. We were playing The Els Club and on the hole 4 par 3 I hit what looked like an absolutely perfect shot at the pin (FWIW my golfer is a power fade lefty with a high trajectory).

Suddenly as the ball comes down, it takes off dramatically with what looked like a mid-air super bounce into the sand behind the hole. I'm pissed at first thinking the game glitched or something as it seemed to take off out of nowhere. Upon hitting the replay, it turns out the ball was so on the line that it seemed to have hit the top of the pin and ricocheted off of the back edge, which is what caused it to fly so drastically off the green. What was easily my most accurate tee shot ever led to a bogey...lol.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #280
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12

Well, after playing the game on Tournament the last week and shooting scores easily under par I decided it would be more fun and challenging to try Simulation. All I can say is I have the zoom to aim on and the green grid with no beads on, everything else Simulation default, and this is the best and toughest golf game I've ever played! And I've been playing golf games since Atari and Intellivision! I have yet to shoot better than +4 and my putting is atrocious, after I complained about it being too easy with the meter on!!

Which brings me to a question.....how far do you estimate the putt at full power if your aiming 6 feet? With a smooth, perfect swing, do you figure 10 feet? What about aimed at 18 feet? Do you figure 20 feet with a perfect stroke? I know a lot of my issue is I have no feel yet and am overswinging most putts and blowing it by and turning 3-4 birdie putts a round into 3 putt bogeys and it's KILLING my score! So I need some advice on your putting methods, please!

I downloaded about 7 courses and with the Historic Edition I think I have 33 courses now. Between career mode and the Legends of the Majors, I could easily see this as being one of the most played sports games I've ever owned! With the patch, I think this will be the perfect golf game and the Tiger most of us have been waiting on since the original TW!

Thanks in advance for any putting tips and advice as I don't think Keegan Bradley (think it was him) will be as willing to give me any like he did Tiger a few weeks ago

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »