Home

Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup?

This is a discussion on Will College Basketball Return to the Next-Gen Sports Lineup? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
I really think 2k could pull off DLC to the NBA2k series -- especially once the new consoles hit and have more horsepower. Heck, just get the licensing, the arenas and let us edit the teams. Just put the same generic players on each team and the folks here at OS will make the necessary changes.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
Rookie

trevdeez09's Arena

OVR: 0
Maybe the sales were bad because they were bad games? If they put an effort into it and made it like nba 2k, mlb the show, or fifa, people would buy it. Maybe making us miss a college hoops game was on purpose, but for me it worked, and i would buy the game in a heartbeat.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 3
Coach K... Probably my favorite college hoops game of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19
Marketing is what hurt sales. The college hoops game ws never marketed correctly. With that said a release date a week before Christmas might make sense. By then the The College hoops season would have gained some traction. Meaning at this time of year is when all the teams and networks start focusing on conference play, the rivalries etc.
the publishers could even market it at discounted price along with the NBA title. kind of of like how 2k just marketed the mLB and NBA combo pack.
you're basically getting the Chroistmas gift buying consumer also.
other than that you could just realease the game at the start of conference play. the first week of january.

I just want a new 2k college basketball game. release it June Id still buy it.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
If NBA 2k allowed for college hoops 2k to have imported drafts/career mode, and also a NBA/college hoops combo pack then sale would rise. I still play college hoops 2k8, and am still waiting for the next college 2k game.

In general I feel that sports game should be released every other year, which is why I buy the game every other year . However, I see why companies release it every year.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdeez09
Maybe the sales were bad because they were bad games? If they put an effort into it and made it like nba 2k, mlb the show, or fifa, people would buy it. Maybe making us miss a college hoops game was on purpose, but for me it worked, and i would buy the game in a heartbeat.
"trevdeez09
Maybe the sales were bad because they were bad games?"

The CHoops series got very good reviews here on OS. I though the series was fantastic, which is saying something because I am not all the big of a college basketball fan.

For whatever reason, I don't think college basketball games sell that well....which baffles me, because I think it transitions very well into the video game world. But EA and 2K both bowed out of the business.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

I don't see much hope in one being released.

However, I do hope that 2k realized I would be willing to pay $100 for a solid NCAA Basketball game with a lot of the same features that NBA 2k has. No question about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
2k should revamp college hoops the market is there and peopleare hungry. i played the college game more than the pro because of online and offline value as a coach and player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »